The Mandalorian
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3228

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: http://forums.lakersground.net/posting.php?mode=reply&t=188698&sid=acd93ec5dbcfece662ee021f5f744015

Don’t follow the SW universe much here... just wondering if the mandarolian is Boba Fett?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 10727
Location: LA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

No, it's someone else. This is set after ROTJ when Boba is presumed dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 14591
Location: unfortunately not Los Angeles anymore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

Boba is not a mandalorian. He's a clone. Jango wasn't a Mandalorian either.. But he did have the armor.

NERD ALERT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 3217
Location: Hawaii

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

I can't relate when I see aliens speaking perfect English. I know it's fiction but they need to work on making it more realistic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27735

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Boba is not a mandalorian. He's a clone. Jango wasn't a Mandalorian either.. But he did have the armor.

NERD ALERT!


Man, you just led me down a LOOOOONNNGGG Wookiepedia rabbit hole!
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27735

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:
I can't relate when I see aliens speaking perfect English. I know it's fiction but they need to work on making it more realistic.


It really bothered me immensely at first but I eventually got over it. Agreed though, that really needs to be taken care of.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6121
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I thought IG-11 was badass.

Was hoping he could be a sidekick to the Mandalorian.

Maybe he'll make a return somehow.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 14591
Location: unfortunately not Los Angeles anymore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
Boba is not a mandalorian. He's a clone. Jango wasn't a Mandalorian either.. But he did have the armor.

NERD ALERT!


Man, you just led me down a LOOOOONNNGGG Wookiepedia rabbit hole!


you're welcome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 5231
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I thought IG-11 was badass.

Was hoping he could be a sidekick to the Mandalorian.

Maybe he'll make a return somehow.


If not him, someone else's build, at least. 3rd coolest pure droid in the universe

1.) artoo
2.) threepio
3.) bounty droid
4.) droideka
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Oct 2019
Posts: 233

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject:

This is the best stuff related to Star Wars since the OG movies. They should've done all of the new movies in this style
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27735

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
This is the best stuff related to Star Wars since the OG movies. They should've done all of the new movies in this style


Yes.

I wish the episodes were longer.

Netflix has me spoiled. I hate having to wait for the next one gdi.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6121
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
I thought IG-11 was badass.

Was hoping he could be a sidekick to the Mandalorian.

Maybe he'll make a return somehow.


If not him, someone else's build, at least. 3rd coolest pure droid in the universe

1.) artoo
2.) threepio
3.) bounty droid
4.) droideka


Hmmmm. Kuiil (Nolte) seemed to be a bit of a tinkerer. Maybe he salvages IG11 later on. *wishful thinking
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 47997

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I enjoyed episode 2 a lot more than episode 1.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16900

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
I thought IG-11 was badass.

Was hoping he could be a sidekick to the Mandalorian.

Maybe he'll make a return somehow.


If not him, someone else's build, at least. 3rd coolest pure droid in the universe

1.) artoo
2.) threepio
3.) bounty droid
4.) droideka


Hmmmm. Kuiil (Nolte) seemed to be a bit of a tinkerer. Maybe he salvages IG11 later on. *wishful thinking


That would be awesome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5720
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Lot of shoot-um action in episode 3.
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: NBA World Champions!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 14591
Location: unfortunately not Los Angeles anymore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

great 3rd episode. this show is awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27735

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

When the homies rolled up, I got goosebumps.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 5231
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

>Disney star wars

ugh, enough already

>but wait, DEA badass from narcos voices main character

nice start, but--

>antihero protagonist dressed like boba fett who kills for sport and for income

....go on.

>bounties are paid in rare ingots tied to history of antihero's mysterious brotherhood

oh (bleep) son, GO ON!

>expansion of universe tech featuring x ray vision and disintegration guns

alright, I'm sold, thank y--

>ingots shown being melted down and forged by master armorer. weapons have meaning again; not just anyone can pick them up and wield them. the geek magic is back

whoa boy ok you can stop now, I said--


>antihero wears his bounty


that's enough. please. stop...sto--

>shady bail bondsman is apollo creed, action jackson, dillon you son of a bitch

hnnnnnnng

>child trafficking, organ harvesting, and the victim is yodafam
>flame thrower
>starkesque weapon upgrades
>90+ minutes in and no shoehorned sexual tension, no token gungans, no midichlorians
>antihero is already cooler than boba fett


>generic, over-blue visual style makes colors seem less vibrant, grey
>no iconic john williams score

_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 35902
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

That little green fella is the merchandising goldmine Lucas never got right.

Also it's still strange to see that the big dumb oaf from Rudy has become a Titan of the sci fi and comic book worlds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
When the homies rolled up, I got goosebumps.


This is the way.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6121
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
>Disney star wars

ugh, enough already

>but wait, DEA badass from narcos voices main character

nice start, but--

>antihero protagonist dressed like boba fett who kills for sport and for income

....go on.

>bounties are paid in rare ingots tied to history of antihero's mysterious brotherhood

oh (bleep) son, GO ON!

>expansion of universe tech featuring x ray vision and disintegration guns

alright, I'm sold, thank y--

>ingots shown being melted down and forged by master armorer. weapons have meaning again; not just anyone can pick them up and wield them. the geek magic is back

whoa boy ok you can stop now, I said--


>antihero wears his bounty


that's enough. please. stop...sto--

>shady bail bondsman is apollo creed, action jackson, dillon you son of a bitch

hnnnnnnng

>child trafficking, organ harvesting, and the victim is yodafam
>flame thrower
>starkesque weapon upgrades
>90+ minutes in and no shoehorned sexual tension, no token gungans, no midichlorians
>antihero is already cooler than boba fett


>generic, over-blue visual style makes colors seem less vibrant, grey
>no iconic john williams score


Ha! I love this
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 29497

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Baby Yoda murdered Tamir Rice.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 5231
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

yikes, episodes 4 and 5 were dull
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18846
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
yikes, episodes 4 and 5 were dull


Not much happening, but I still liked it

But something has to happen sooner or later. The series can't be about Mando running away every time
Hopefully those last 3 episodes will pick it up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27735

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
yikes, episodes 4 and 5 were dull


I'm trying so hard to like this series. Episode 4 was cringey all the way through. Felt like a kid wrote it...

Hope 5 is a lot better.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB