The Mandalorian
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 19955

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:32 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Filoni and waititi should have made episodes 7-9. They are the only ones who read legends and try to bring most of those story lines over to cannon. Clone wars materials were all from Lucas and legends the same with rebels and now we see this in the mandalorian


George Lucas is the only one that should be doing Star Wars movies. Story writer or Director. It's fan-fiction without him. Suddenly force users can do things they have never done before, there is no creativity in the plots, no originality, no sense. Contradictory.

It's George Lucas or it's fan-fiction.

Mandalorian is good for what it is, a small scale TV show with a relatively grounded plot. Doesn't try to add anything new(except that force healing power which absolutely must be explained).

With a big screen budget and a set of Disney directives, we would have gotten more of the same regardless of the director.

ReY SkYwAlKeR
_________________
A banana is killed every time a terrible thread or post is made. Save the bananas. Stop creating terrible posts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18668
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

s2 releases oct 30
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
panamaniac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 9866
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Can’t wait for season 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
csf80
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Excited for live action Ahsoka. From the trailer it looks like they are bringing Sabine in as well. This is the way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 14591
Location: unfortunately not Los Angeles anymore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

why isn't anyone talking about this!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 17968

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject:

Is it only one episode per week?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3803

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

The first episode of season 2 was ok. It's always fun to see Timothy Olyphant. But it sure seemed awfully similar to that episode last season where Mando protected the village from the Imperial walker. I felt a bit disappointed that they're already recycling plots, especially from an episode that I considered probably the worst of the first season. Still, I'm confident things will pick up in the episodes to come.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 10727
Location: LA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

I loved the episode. Some details I didn’t initially pick up on/realize the significance are that the Tusken’s sign language was added in after it was suggested and developed by one of the crew who is deaf — very cool to see that representation. Another cool bit was how Mando reminded all the colonizers that the TR’s were there first, before the villagers. So it really showed that it was a matter of perspective as to who was the danger to whom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55626
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
I loved the episode. Some details I didn’t initially pick up on/realize the significance are that the Tusken’s sign language was added in after it was suggested and developed by one of the crew who is deaf — very cool to see that representation. Another cool bit was how Mando reminded all the colonizers that the TR’s were there first, before the villagers. So it really showed that it was a matter of perspective as to who was the danger to whom.


When the election is over I'm going to bing on The Mandalorian. I tried watching it twice today. I couldn't concentrate.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18848
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
The first episode of season 2 was ok. It's always fun to see Timothy Olyphant. But it sure seemed awfully similar to that episode last season where Mando protected the village from the Imperial walker. I felt a bit disappointed that they're already recycling plots, especially from an episode that I considered probably the worst of the first season. Still, I'm confident things will pick up in the episodes to come.


It wasn't a game changer for sure, but I still thought it was very enjoyable

The episode basically just set the table for the return of


SPOILER
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Boba Fett
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18668
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

I found s2e1 a regression to the disney channel filler stuff.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 7206
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Seeing as how this season will be about searching for <spoiler> there's not a lot you can do except look in a spot, solve a problem and move on unless you want the story to be a success at the first place he goes which is a very short season.

The child is already 50 years old, so we know it's not going to be a coming of age story spanning 2 or 3 centuries. The whole arc of the series will mostly be protect + search for a family situation. The "good" episodes will be fleshing out the Mandalorian legend as much as they can but that gets boring pretty quick if you over do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18848
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject:

This second episode
Lots of funny moments
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14353

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
The first episode of season 2 was ok. It's always fun to see Timothy Olyphant. But it sure seemed awfully similar to that episode last season where Mando protected the village from the Imperial walker. I felt a bit disappointed that they're already recycling plots, especially from an episode that I considered probably the worst of the first season. Still, I'm confident things will pick up in the episodes to come.


Loved Olyphant in "Justified" and I thought they were trying to channel that feeling in S2E1.

Curious as to the closing scene with the unmasked Tuskan Raider - I sense there's a hidden meaning . . .
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18848
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Bol wrote:
The first episode of season 2 was ok. It's always fun to see Timothy Olyphant. But it sure seemed awfully similar to that episode last season where Mando protected the village from the Imperial walker. I felt a bit disappointed that they're already recycling plots, especially from an episode that I considered probably the worst of the first season. Still, I'm confident things will pick up in the episodes to come.


Loved Olyphant in "Justified" and I thought they were trying to channel that feeling in S2E1.

Curious as to the closing scene with the unmasked Tuskan Raider - I sense there's a hidden meaning . . .


It's not a tusken raider. It's someone who last appeared in Return of the Jedi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6121
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

Boba Fett survived the Sarlaac. Wth
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55626
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

I'm binging on The Mandalorian. I finished S1 E4 yesterday. It was Magnificant 7 1960 like.

Mauraders taking food from villagers who didn't know how to defend themselves. They hired the Mandalorian and his sidekick who taught them how to fight and set traps for the beast.

The Mandalorian imaged Chris, his sidekick Vin imaged by Carasynthia Dune.

I'm liking it so far.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18848
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm binging on The Mandalorian. I finished S1 E4 yesterday. It was Magnificant 7 1960 like.

Mauraders taking food from villagers who didn't know how to defend themselves. They hired the Mandalorian and his sidekick who taught them how to fight and set traps for the beast.

The Mandalorian imaged Chris, his sidekick Vin imaged by Carasynthia Dune.

I'm liking it so far.


Last half of the first season is great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14353

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

1st season 4 f the 8 episodes were pretty good.

Hopefully, this season picks up.

danzag wrote:
It's not a tusken raider. It's someone who last appeared in Return of the Jedi


Boba Fett? Why is he not with a covert?
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55626
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm binging on The Mandalorian. I finished S1 E4 yesterday. It was Magnificant 7 1960 like.

Mauraders taking food from villagers who didn't know how to defend themselves. They hired the Mandalorian and his sidekick who taught them how to fight and set traps for the beast.

The Mandalorian imaged Chris, his sidekick Vin imaged by Carasynthia Dune.

I'm liking it so far.


Last half of the first season is great.

I finished Season I and chapter 1 & 2 Season II. When does the next episode air?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 10727
Location: LA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
danzag wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm binging on The Mandalorian. I finished S1 E4 yesterday. It was Magnificant 7 1960 like.

Mauraders taking food from villagers who didn't know how to defend themselves. They hired the Mandalorian and his sidekick who taught them how to fight and set traps for the beast.

The Mandalorian imaged Chris, his sidekick Vin imaged by Carasynthia Dune.

I'm liking it so far.


Last half of the first season is great.

I finished Season I and chapter 1 & 2 Season II. When does the next episode air?


They release every Friday (Thursday at midnight).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55626
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
danzag wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm binging on The Mandalorian. I finished S1 E4 yesterday. It was Magnificant 7 1960 like.

Mauraders taking food from villagers who didn't know how to defend themselves. They hired the Mandalorian and his sidekick who taught them how to fight and set traps for the beast.

The Mandalorian imaged Chris, his sidekick Vin imaged by Carasynthia Dune.

I'm liking it so far.


Last half of the first season is great.

I finished Season I and chapter 1 & 2 Season II. When does the next episode air?


They release every Friday (Thursday at midnight).


Has S2 E3 aired?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 10727
Location: LA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

^ Not yet. It’ll air later this week
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55626
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ Not yet. It’ll air later this week

Is it next Friday?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 10727
Location: LA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
^ Not yet. It’ll air later this week

Is it next Friday?


Yeah, episode 3 will come out on the 13th, it will run for 5 more weeks after that — season finale will be 12/18 (episode 8).

Looks like Carl Weathers is directing episode 4; it’s cool how many different, and new, directors they’re using.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB