School shooting in Santa Clarita
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: School shooting in Santa Clarita

School is supposed to be a haven for learning. These days they have become targets for disturbed youth.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

I went to high school there, and my sister graduated from there in June. I live a five minute walk away and was in Santa Clarita a week and a half ago. Crazy.

Called my parents this morning and told them to stay inside. I called my sister too and her friend knows the guy who did it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I went to high school there, and my sister graduated from there in June. I live a five minute walk away and was in Santa Clarita a week and a half ago. Crazy.

Called my parents this morning and told them to stay inside. I called my sister too and her friend knows the guy who did it.

Earlier I saw a report they were looking for an Asian Male is dark clothing....is that the guy who did it? At that time they were reporting they thought he was loose on foot in the surrounding neighborhood....so yeah, a 5 minute walk....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"Suspect is in custody and being treated at a local hospital," Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva tweeted.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Earlier I saw a report they were looking for an Asian Male is dark clothing....is that the guy who did it? At that time they were reporting they thought he was loose on foot in the surrounding neighborhood....so yeah, a 5 minute walk....

Yeah, sounds like it. Surprised to hear he's in the hospital. MSNBC said he was dead.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Deceased female so not the shooter.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

16 min ago
UPDATE: L.A. County Sherriffs department confirms the suspect is not dead but is being treated at a local hospital and is in custody. CNN previously reported the suspect was dead, citing two law enforcement sources.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

CBS 2 Los Angeles reporting shooter in grave condition. He shot himself in the head after shooting students.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

If parents can't raise a kid that can't deal with life and has to go shooting people, then the parents need to be held accountable. Period.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
If parents can't raise a kid that can't deal with life and has to go shooting people, then the parents need to be held accountable. Period.

What kind of accountability do you suggest?

Should they be arrested right now?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

Thats quite a slippery slope there.
You could pretty much put a hell of a lot more people in jail just for raising a criminal.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what led up to the shooting. I have a feeling the kid was being bullied. That's something school authorities should get more involved in.

I also wonder if incel was involved?

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

I agree, but implementation would be very tricky
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

2 confirmed dead
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

I believe there are good people that try very hard to be good parents, and things happen outside their control that can lead to a minor acting in manner that was not taught or learned at home. If the parents have any direct responsibility like not securing their weapons, or direct neglect can be proven, then I am open to them having responsibility.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Perfect timing

Quote:
The shooting took place around 45 minutes after Rep. Cindy Hyde-Smith, a Republican from Mississippi, blocked a motion to hear the background checks bill.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Terrible news. Prayers for the victims and their families.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Apparently today was the school shooter's birthday and he decide to give the gift of a school shooting.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Probably fed up with being bullied
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

There isn’t even a “they”, the dad passed away recently.

Now there are 3 deceased with speculation that the third is the shooter. That hasn’t been confirmed.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

I was making a broad statement out of anger and disgust, and haven't exactly worked out the minutia of it all. It's a slippery slope indeed. And I'm sure there are just bad apples out there and the parents are completely faultless. But this shtt is getting ridiculous.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

You are the first person I thought of when I heard the news.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Everyone I know from Saugus High is in shock and disbelief. That school is never going to be the same.

I posted this on Facebook just now:

Quote:
I've always been very selective about whom I've told this to to avoid seeming paranoid, but I suppose now's a good time to finally admit it to everyone. I never felt safe at Saugus High. (Or even at Arroyo Seco, really.) There were people there whom I felt were clearly unstable and potentially dangerous-- people who were angry at teachers, at other students, at themselves, or at the world, and who simply didn't have the impulse control to keep this anger in check.

I would go out of my way to minimize interactions with these people so I didn't end up on their hit list. It didn't always work out, and in the back of my mind I was always worried about what they might do someday. I really disliked when they would sit behind me in class (or wherever) because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to react in time when they finally snapped.

I am in no way trying to stigmatize mental illness (most mentally ill people are not violent) or suggest that the people I just described should even be characterized as mentally ill. I'm saying that there were people there who had the potential to do something like this and there was nothing-- metal detectors, security guards, therapy, etc., literally *nothing*-- that would stop them from doing so.

It didn't have to be a gun. It could have been a knife, an axe, a bat, explosives, anything really. It was unlikely that anyone would act out on their violent impulses in any one given year, but it wasn't *that* unlikely.

And I went through two years of junior high and four years of high school with this thought in the back of my head. And one day, it finally happened.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't know what led up to the shooting. I have a feeling the kid was being bullied. That's something school authorities should get more involved in.

I also wonder if incel was involved?

They said he had a girlfriend.
However, reports are that they knew he was troubled.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Seems like we should at least expand mental healthcare nationally. Jimmy Carter was not considered to be a successful President, but 1 thing he was ahead of was on mental healthcare. He signed this into law in 1980, then Reagan and Congress repealed most of the law in 1981.

Anyways, RIP to the victims. Stay safe out there people.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: