***OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Game Discussion Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Clippers on KTLA and not blacked out! Are we turning back the clock? Hate this Spectrum crap, if only Lakers were back on KCAL too. LOL!

I think its a matter of supply and demand. If all the Clippers games were on Fox Sports nobody except die hard Clippers fans would care. So they have to put some games on KTLA to get some casual fans who otherwise wouldn't watch a Clipper game. On the other hand, theres far more Laker fans so they can put all their games behind the Spectrum paywall and you can't do much other than to pay for it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
To those who saw him play back in the day, is Ralph Sampson a good comparison for Wemby? I saw Game 5 of the 1986 WCF on ESPN Classic and YouTube, and that's who Wemby reminds me most of.

I’m not sure there is a good comparison for him. Maybe a more skilled Porzingis? He can shoot from 3 consistently while guarding the rim. He has good handles for a big man. His composure as a rookie is impressive.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
slavavov wrote:
To those who saw him play back in the day, is Ralph Sampson a good comparison for Wemby? I saw Game 5 of the 1986 WCF on ESPN Classic and YouTube, and that's who Wemby reminds me most of.

I’m not sure there is a good comparison for him. Maybe a more skilled Porzingis? He can shoot from 3 consistently while guarding the rim. He has good handles for a big man. His composure as a rookie is impressive.

Wembanyana is a next generalization player. He's a once in a lifetime player. 7'4" 8' wing span, blocks shots, defends guards and larger players, handles like a guard, mid range and 3pt shot. He has it all.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised Milwaukee is getting beat on the offensive boards. They were #1 last season and are #27 today.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:02 pm    Post subject:

The in-season tournament bright court paint has to be a distraction for players. It is for me the viewer. LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I'm watching Miami vs Milwaukee. Shaq's announcing. He's giving the names of refs wgi are making bogus calls. Good thing that's not his day job.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

I know it's early in the season but the Suns aren't playing like I thought they would.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I didn't know the Pacers were that good. Many were saying they shouldn't be here. They beat the favored Bucks.

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Pistons have lost 25 games in a row and are 2-26 this season.

Detroit Basketball indeed.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Detroit has now lost an incredible 27 games in a row.

That is the all time NBA Record.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm watching the Grizzlies vs Sacramento game. Malik Monk is lighting it up. Why did we trade him? He would be a great fit here.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:15 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers had no money to offer Monk, he went to Sac to get paid.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Durant's travels have gone unrewarded. The Nets didn't work out and so far the Suns aren't either. He should have stayed with the Warriors. I think CP3's departure hurt the Suns. They don't have a true PG.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook is playing great for the SailBoat Crew. He's accepted the bench role and is playing team ball. Ty pulls him when he gets out of whack and he doesn't complain. Coaching is so important. Bron wanted Ty. I don't know why he wasn't signed.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23
Jump to: