Bradleys defense better than Beverlys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Westbrook votes for AB. After Harden went for 47 against the Clippers:

"Pat Bev trick y'all, man, like he playing defense," Westbrook said. "He don't guard nobody, man. It's just running around, doing nothing. ... All that commotion to get 47."

Perfectly said by Russ....Beverly brags about his D but truth is Harden, KD, legit scorers have a field day against him. Beverly has become one of the most overrated players in the league. For the $ absolutely I would take Bradley.

Hmmmm

Quote:
However, contrary to Westbrook's implication, Harden did not have much success against Beverley, a two-time All-Defensive selection. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Harden was 0-for-6 from the floor when defended by Beverley

For those commenting who actually watched the game
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
Bradley all day. Bevelery could be a better defender, maybe? Bradley is just the better all around player imo.

This.... Defense is close, Bev may be a little better on defense, but AB is just a better players. Bev sucks on offense
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Patrick Beverley  $12,345,680
Avery Bradley     $4,767,000

This all that matters. Beverley may be a better defender, but he isn't worth 2.5X cap space so Bradley is the better value.

The Clippers would disagree. Of course the Clippers have become what the Lakers used to be, willing to spend to win.

The Lakers spent all they could. Giving D green the money instead of Bev was the right choice. AB is a bargain, and a better player than Beverly.

How did the Lakers not spend? Do they have more money to offer? Or are you just trolling?
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

Beverly is one of those enforcer types that every championship team needs.

let's not fool ourselves.. he's an elite defender.. he gets into people's heads.. frustrates them.. takes them out of their games. he's got quick hands

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1192926450095181824

Bradley is solid.. but I'd rather have Beverly any day.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

This all that matters. Beverley may be a better defender, but he isn't worth 2.5X cap space so Bradley is the better value.

The Clippers would disagree. Of course the Clippers have become what the Lakers used to be, willing to spend to win.

The Lakers spent all they could. Giving D green the money instead of Bev was the right choice. AB is a bargain, and a better player than Beverly.

How did the Lakers not spend? Do they have more money to offer? Or are you just trolling?

The Lakers have set themselves up for not paying the luxury tax for years by giving away future and past first round picks. They spend less than other franchises on analytics, biometric healthcare and training. Their new facility does have modern recovery equipment and that is great, but they are behind the curve with technology. They spend what they have to on the court but they don’t invest in their infrastructure. This team is an example of behind the curve analytics.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ducasse wrote:

"Pat Bev trick y'all, man, like he playing defense," Westbrook said. "He don't guard nobody, man. It's just running around, doing nothing. ... All that commotion to get 47."

Perfectly said by Russ....Beverly brags about his D but truth is Harden, KD, legit scorers have a field day against him. Beverly has become one of the most overrated players in the league. For the $ absolutely I would take Bradley.

Hmmmm

Quote:
However, contrary to Westbrook's implication, Harden did not have much success against Beverley, a two-time All-Defensive selection. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Harden was 0-for-6 from the floor when defended by Beverley

I didn't watch but there are many people who did watch that say that stat is not accurate. They said Harden blew by Beverley a few times. I don't know how they interpret "when defended by" but it seems to be a pretty flimsy definition.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Hmmmm

Quote:

I didn't watch but there are many people who did watch that say that stat is not accurate. They said Harden blew by Beverley a few times. I don't know how they interpret "when defended by" but it seems to be a pretty flimsy definition.

Case in point

That 0-6 stat is stupid. Well not stupid, but matchup stats are hard to justify imo.

Last edited by epak on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

I actually like Westbrook. Always have. Not even sure why but I do. I've gotten the feeling that most Laker fans do like him for some reason.

(bleep) Beverely though.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Hmmmm

Quote:

Yeah that stat is pure BS. I watched the game and Harden scored on Bev a few times. Seems like a Balmer fed stat. He was also lighting up Kawhi as well
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Hmmmm

Quote:

Yeah that stat is pure BS. I watched the game and Harden scored on Bev a few times. Seems like a Balmer fed stat. He was also lighting up Kawhi as well

I don't know how that stat is determined. Is it if he's the initial defender? What happens if Harden drives by him and scores on someone else? There were several times I was like, yep he got him again.

Not only that, Bev was in foul trouble because of Harden. It might not be a scoring possession, but it forces him to the bench where guess what? He can't guard him from there.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

The Lakers have set themselves up for not paying the luxury tax for years by giving away future and past first round picks. They spend less than other franchises on analytics, biometric healthcare and training. Their new facility does have modern recovery equipment and that is great, but they are behind the curve with technology. They spend what they have to on the court but they don’t invest in their infrastructure. This team is an example of behind the curve analytics.

They set themselves up at a run for a championship by getting rid of those assets.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Hmmmm

Quote:

Harden not only owned Beverley in this game, but also Kawhi. Because when Beverley wasn't defending Harden, sometimes it was Kawhi. And sometimes it was Harden defending Kawhi as well (when it wasn't Tucker)

With both squads at full strength and Westbrook able to play more than 2 quarters, it'll be hard for the Clippers to beat the Rockets 0.0
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Hmmmm

Quote:

If you watched the game then you saw Beverly overplaying Harden from the outside, forcing him to drive into the paint where there was help. I guess one could consider that blowing by him. Interesting, Harden really lit it up after Beverly fouled out. They really missed Shamet last night.

I am happy with Bradley and Beverly’s defense.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Hmmmm

Quote:

Harden not only owned Beverley in this game, but also Kawhi. Because when Beverley wasn't defending Harden, sometimes it was Kawhi. And sometimes it was Harden defending Kawhi as well (when it wasn't Tucker)

With both squads at full strength and Westbrook able to play more than 2 quarters, it'll be hard for the Clippers to beat the Rockets 0.0

Paul George wont make a difference?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Hmmmm

Quote:

Rockets were without Gordon and two others. They were without Westbrook for 2 quarters because suspect refs called him for 4 fouls in the first quarter. And a Clipper knocked out Capella in the fourth.

George back with the Clippers makes a difference, just like being able to play Westbrook for most of the game and playing actual defence will make a difference. Like Gordon makes a difference. Like having Capella down the stretch makes a difference.

Also while Kawhi played on Harden for a few plays, he spent most of the time guarding Tucker. His knee, and how it fares in the post season, will also make a difference.

At the end of the day Harden is a much better player than Kawhi, so the rest of the Clippers team will have to make that difference.

Also in the finals I think Harden will foul Beverly out more often than not, so at some point Kawhi will have to switch on to Harden which will reduce his offensive effectiveness.

The Rockets look like they have all the ingredients to be a real problem for the Clippers.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

You really belong in the Clippers forum.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Hmmmm

Quote:

Rockets were without Gordon and two others. They were without Westbrook for 2 quarters because suspect refs called him for 4 fouls in the first quarter. And a Clipper knocked out Capella in the fourth.

George back with the Clippers makes a difference, just like being able to play Westbrook for most of the game and playing actual defence will make a difference. Like Gordon makes a difference. Like having Capella down the stretch makes a difference.

Also while Kawhi played on Harden for a few plays, he spent most of the time guarding Tucker. His knee, and how it fares in the post season, will also make a difference.

At the end of the day Harden is a much better player than Kawhi, so the rest of the Clippers team will have to make that difference.

Also in the finals I think Harden will foul Beverly out more often than not, so at some point Kawhi will have to switch on to Harden which will reduce his offensive effectiveness.

The Rockets look like they have all the ingredients to be a real problem for the Clippers.

Lol wut
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Interesting, Harden really lit it up after Beverly fouled out.

That 1 three pointer Harden hit after Beverly fouled out truly made all the difference
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:

At the end of the day Harden is a much better player than Kawhi,

Lol wut

Harden's a much better player than Kawhi

It's not even close, either.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:

Lol wut

Not at all. Kawhi can defend.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:

Lol wut

Not at all. Kawhi can defend.

He was on Tucker for most of the game

The idea that Kawhi's one of the best defenders in the league is an idea that's at least a couple of years old. He's taking plays off on defense to save himself for the offense, like most of the best players do these days. Harden was probably on Kawhi just as much as Kawhi was on Harden. Part of his in game load management I suspect for his knee.

Kawhi played 41 minutes this game and didn't play all too much good defense because of it. He didn't have that burst in the 4th quarter like he has had this season because he needed to put his foot down since the 2nd quarter.

Harden completely outplayed Kawhi in almost every area of the game yesterday. Also unlike Kawhi, Harden actually had to carry his team.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Have you guys seen Beverly's shooting splits?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Interesting, Harden really lit it up after Beverly fouled out.

That 1 three pointer Harden hit after Beverly fouled out truly made all the difference

I dont think OP saw the game?
Anyway... Patricia fouled at at 1:57 with the score 88-90 Rox.

Jamie got 2 FT for the Patty foul. (88-92)
Jamie hit a 3. (88-95)
Patty got a tech.
Doc got 2 techs.
Jamie hit 3 FTs. (88-98)
Jamie got fouled at the 24 sec mark. Hit 2 FTs (91-102)

I guess he lit it up on the FT line?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

There are truth to this but the short lived Jim Buss era was the main culprit. The money went to the wrong people.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Quote:

Bev also fouled out. Not sure how many of those fouls were guarding Harden but if he was guarding Harden each possession Bev would likely foul out by halftime.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: