Vogel - Great Job
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

It was a good run, a damn good run, but this is the reason Vogel will be fired

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1194644260571754497
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

How dare he not shake the king's hand?
BTW, Dudley is clutch!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
drae wrote:

How dare he not shake the king's hand?
BTW, Dudley is clutch!

Dudley swooping in is just hilarious
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

These minutes distribution are a thing of beauty.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Someone should tweet this to Josh Hart. šŸ˜‚
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:

Makes me hate Luke even more. But hey, if Lebron never got hurt Luke might still be here. Jesus that would have sucked.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

Makes me hate Luke even more. But hey, if Lebron never got hurt Luke might still be here. Jesus that would have sucked.

No kidding, you can tell Vogel actually thinks on how to setup his rotation/minutes etc. Not like Puke who just threw any idea against the wall hoping it stuck.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

It feels good to finally have a real basketball coach again.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I wanted Lue, and I was indifferent about Vogel. At this point I doubt weā€™d be any better with Lue. So far so good.

I also love how much Lionel Hollins is always smiling on the sidelines, like he just glad to be there. šŸ˜
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I wanted Lue, and I was indifferent about Vogel. At this point I doubt weā€™d be any better with Lue. So far so good.

I also love how much Lionel Hollins is always smiling on the sidelines, like he just glad to be there. šŸ˜

Itā€™s the whole staff. Hollins and Kidd are also contributing as well.

I donā€™t think we would have seen this type of defense with Lue. Quite frankly I hated those Cleveland teams and how they played.

Really happy this team is hanging itā€™s hat on the defensive end. Thatā€™s how they will win a championship.
jumpinmp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I donā€™t think we would have seen this type of defense with Lue. Quite frankly I hated those Cleveland teams and how they played.

Really happy this team is hanging itā€™s hat on the defensive end. Thatā€™s how they will win a championship.

I'm really really happy with this staff. I was content with the Vogel hiring, and once they added Hollins and Kidd, I was ecstatic. To me, the staff hiring in the offseason ended up being so far beyond my expectations. I'm still obviously thrilled with it.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:36 am    Post subject:

I agree with the comments I'm seeing on this page. Vogel is doing a great job on player rotation, player combinations that work together, playing players to their strengths, an offense that works beyond the first option, and solid defense from a LOT of players.

Solid assistant coaching staff to say the least. No drama, not even from Kidd. From everything I see they're on the same page, and very professional.

I've never seen Dwight this team oriented, on and off the court, LeBron's got great support around him on defense, Caruso's defense and the things he does that don't hit the stat sheet are earning him playing time, we're getting solid contributions from so many different players on this roster, and we're suddenly a top 3 defense in the NBA. Unfamiliar players, newly assembled. 9-2 out of the gates. To me that looks like a solid coaching staff, working with every player. We're only 11 games in, but as it stands right now I'm very impressed.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject:

jumpinmp wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I'm really really happy with this staff. I was content with the Vogel hiring, and once they added Hollins and Kidd, I was ecstatic. To me, the staff hiring in the offseason ended up being so far beyond my expectations. I'm still obviously thrilled with it.

You're forgetting Phil Handy, who has taken Kuz under his wing!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

BALL MOVEMENT SO BEAUTIFUL
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

Itā€™s funny to me how the guys are saying the same things as last year such as ā€œmake plays for othersā€ and ā€œmove the ballā€, yet our offense hasnā€™t really clicked yet (outside of one game), yet ... we are averaging over 30 assists per game in our last 5 games or so, yet ... thats not something we could ever really achieve in an offense-first minded team under Luke last year despite having multiple ball handlers and passers on the team.

Always downplayed coaching a bit ... but, Monty, Vogel, Nurse, and then Boylen, Fizdale ... they are really showing the value I think.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

Handy is ALWAYS chirping at players and pulling them to the side coaching them up during games. It's great to see.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Itā€™s funny to me how the guys are saying the same things as last year such as ā€œmake plays for othersā€ and ā€œmove the ballā€, yet our offense hasnā€™t really clicked yet (outside of one game), yet ... we are averaging over 30 assists per game in our last 5 games or so, yet ... thats not something we could ever really achieve in an offense-first minded team under Luke last year despite having multiple ball handlers and passers on the team.

Always downplayed coaching a bit ... but, Monty, Vogel, Nurse, and then Boylen, Fizdale ... they are really showing the value I think.

The ball hasn't moved like this for years
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yeah. I just think itā€™s crazy and scary that our offense hasnā€™t clicked for the most part yet, threes arent dropping, and yet we are tied for second in assists per game and lead the league on FG%.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
It feels good to finally have a real basketball coach again.

We have not had a guy who understands both sides of the ball, values both sides, and understands how important each player's role is (role definition) since Phil. The main thing is Phil came with a resume. Once the going gets tough, and we all know at some point it will. 1-2 series deficit in the playoffs. Or being down 0-2. Or having a 2-3-4 game losing streak in the regular season. That is when Phil had his resume to always keep the support of the team. Frank will need to find a way to get the guys through that, and also the media. The media and the Vogel detractors who were bashing Rambis and Jeanie have been very quiet. You can sense they just want to wait until there is some struggles to come out and make that noise. Hopefully the players believe in Frank and buy in no matter what, win or lose. Because he really has shown to be the best most balanced coach we have had since PJ.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

I thought Vogel was taking the same approach as Luke except it's actually working. Defense 1st, 2nd and 3rd and we'll figure out the offense as we go.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

Vogel " make the extra pass"

Luke "pass me the beer"
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
I thought Vogel was taking the same approach as Luke except it's actually working. Defense 1st, 2nd and 3rd and we'll figure out the offense as we go.

there was so many plays to get a man open on baseline/paint for open layups, pass coming from top or from picknroll
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

Luke may have been talking about defense but they weren't playing any, much like New Orleans now.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Luke may have been talking about defense but they weren't playing any, much like New Orleans now.

We were actually decent on defense the last 2 years.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Itā€™s funny to me how the guys are saying the same things as last year such as ā€œmake plays for othersā€ and ā€œmove the ballā€, yet our off ething we could ever really achieve in an offense-first minded team under Luke last year despite having multiple ball handlers and passers on the team.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 16 of 27
Jump to: