Lakers vs Nets games in China might get canceled (update: leaning towards letting Nets/Lakers play)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

Look at this doofus responding to him/herself.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Yep.
I also like the claim that people that are down on China don't know anything about it, been there or lived there. There are plenty of people who know about the country but don't have flowery things to say about it because they see the other side of the coin. The one that the CCP squashes routinely because its an opinion contrary to the image they are trying to project.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
Lots of good non-basketball opinions on this tread. So many issues/problems in life, but rarely are they just black and white. You would think that they are fixable, but there are too many conflicting interests, including financial interests.
Plus, too many people have tunnel vision and don't investigate the particular problem, choosing instead to believe 100% in what they hear from their favorite mainstream media person/organization. Sad........

That's how the internet works. It doesn't help when the place is half a globe away and thet have never been there. Everything can be fake news as long as it doesn't flow your boat
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:
Cal1piggy, there is no point to have that deep of a political discussion between china and US with those people that have never been to china.

It’s like trying to explain to Chinese people that the US isn’t being imperialistic .

I hope mods closes this soon as they put too much faith on trolls to behave themselves.

yes, so when they cannot argue rationally, they claim you and i are the same person

i tried to explain the concept of the Thucydides Trap, but they immediately take offense and think it is an insult to the country.

at first i thought they were just angry because they could not win the argument, but now i seriously think they really think we work for china for 50 cents an hour

although if a mod took a look at this, they could easily check our ip address and know where we are located...

do you do business in china also?

No I don’t. But if you think about it, if it’s 50 cents back in the days, it should be at least $2 a message today with COLA

wait it is $2 per message, not $2 per hour?
what is COLA?

Cost of living adjustment. I don’t know, they say it’s 50 cent per message back in the days. Now it should be a lot more. Go visit Shenzhen and Guangzhou when you go to china next time. They are a more prosperous city than Hong Kong now.

i see. if it is 50 cents per message, that could be 60 messages per hour and 30 dollars per hour = 60k per year. that is too expensive for high volume stuff. if it is $2 per message, that is far far too expensive. that would be 50 per year...

our partner is near shenzhen and i like staying at the hyatt that you can walk to from the airport transportation terminal. very convenient.

i flew into guangzhou once, but never been around the city. my parents say guangzhou has the best cantonese food.

actually i prefer the food in macau but my favorite fusion cantonese/portugese restaurant lost their cook to 'retirement'...

do you speak cantonese or mandarin? i am a pathetic cantonese speaker that needs a translator in meetings
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Yep.
I also like the claim that people that are down on China don't know anything about it, been there or lived there. There are plenty of people who know about the country but don't have flowery things to say about it because they see the other side of the coin. The one that the CCP squashes routinely because its an opinion contrary to the image they are trying to project.

Wouldn’t it be more effective to just kill and jail those people? It’s like telling a story about a monster that kills everyone.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

Is that legit proven?
I'm not a fan of people using multi IDs. But wanted to make sure before joining in on the fun
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:
Cal1piggy, there is no point to have that deep of a political discussion between china and US with those people that have never been to china.

It’s like trying to explain to Chinese people that the US isn’t being imperialistic .

I hope mods closes this soon as they put too much faith on trolls to behave themselves.

yes, so when they cannot argue rationally, they claim you and i are the same person

i tried to explain the concept of the Thucydides Trap, but they immediately take offense and think it is an insult to the country.

at first i thought they were just angry because they could not win the argument, but now i seriously think they really think we work for china for 50 cents an hour

although if a mod took a look at this, they could easily check our ip address and know where we are located...

No I don’t. But if you think about it, if it’s 50 cents back in the days, it should be at least $2 a message today with COLA

what is COLA?

Cost of living adjustment. I don’t know, they say it’s 50 cent per message back in the days. Now it should be a lot more. Go visit Shenzhen and Guangzhou when you go to china next time. They are a more prosperous city than Hong Kong now.

i see. if it is 50 cents per message, that could be 60 messages per hour and 30 dollars per hour = 60k per year. that is too expensive for high volume stuff. if it is $2 per message, that is far far too expensive. that would be 50 per year...

our partner is near shenzhen and i like staying at the hyatt that you can walk to from the airport transportation terminal. very convenient.

i flew into guangzhou once, but never been around the city. my parents say guangzhou has the best cantonese food.

actually i prefer the food in macau but my favorite fusion cantonese/portugese restaurant lost their cook to 'retirement'...

do you speak cantonese or mandarin? i am a pathetic cantonese speaker that needs a translator in meetings

I speak both. Macau is nice too, since it’s the only place where gambling is legal in china.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Is that legit proven?
I'm not a fan of people using multi IDs. But wanted to make sure before joining in on the fun

feel free to ask the mods about our ip addresses.
but they are going to claim we are playing some IT tricks...
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:

what is COLA?

I speak both. Macau is nice too, since it’s the only place where gambling is legal in china.

really. i only learned cantonese because i was one of those spoiled hk kids. wish i know mandarin now as people can talk behind my back in meetings...
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

They make all our stuff and basically control our economy, a little late in the day to be complaining about the way they run their country. Guess the idea of exploiting cheap labor, getting cheaper stuff, and our corporations making huge profits was too good to pass up.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
They make all our stuff and basically control our economy, a little late in the day to be complaining about the way they run their country. Guess the idea of exploiting cheap labor, getting cheaper stuff, and our corporations making huge profits was too good to pass up.

I think the US/China economy is tied together in many complex ways. It used to be that they just make our stuff. But now a days they consume our brands and become the second biggest if not the biggest market.

I just realized that there are Taco Bell’s in China as Chinese fans suggested for LBJ to go. Go down the street and look at the fast food chains, chances are they operate in china as well.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

actually the us/west still has a lot of leverage in intellectual property.
for example the processor in huawei's phone is a bottleneck because trump was sort of blocking a british company from selling it.
also the google ecosystem is something huawei is going to take a few years to build up.
imo that is why china is willing to do somethings such as buy a few million tons of soybeans to get an extension for what most regard a china's top company.
however, huawei just introduced their own portable device operating system and also a processor chip that is being produced by taiwan's top semiconductor factory.
so in a few years, this decoupling is going to get much uglier
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I think the US/China economy is tied together in many complex ways. It used to be that they just make our stuff. But now a days they consume our brands and become the second biggest if not the biggest market.

I just realized that there are Taco Bell’s in China as Chinese fans suggested for LBJ to go. Go down the street and look at the fast food chains, chances are they operate in china as well.

do you think china become nba's largest market?
you seem to be a consumer sector type guy...
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:

what is COLA?

yes i love macau. less pollution than hong kong and less people.
too bad my favorite restaurant has gone downhill
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

for example the processor in huawei's phone is a bottleneck because trump was sort of blocking a british company from selling it.
also the google ecosystem is something huawei is going to take a few years to build up.
imo that is why china is willing to do somethings such as buy a few million tons of soybeans to get an extension for what most regard a china's top company.
however, huawei just introduced their own portable device operating system and also a processor chip that is being produced by taiwan's top semiconductor factory.

It will all be fine as business from both china and us continues to make money from both US and Chinese consumers. We will see things quiet down on the internet about the “war” soon, especially if Trump doesn’t get a second term.

The dems hates china more than trump, the only difference is that they don’t tweet daily about it.

This goes back to the topic at hand, feel free to hate china and do business with china at the same time. You are free to do so, just don’t tweet about it, or kiss your business goodbye
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

They have the fastest growing middle class in the world while ours is shrinking. I think they’re plan is to become less and less reliant on the US.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

do you think china become nba's largest market?
you seem to be a consumer sector type guy...

No, but second biggest. Some stuff will be biggest some will be second biggest. I would say china and US are the biggest consumer markets for most brands and products for years to come
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

It will all be fine as business from both china and us continues to make money from both US and Chinese consumers. We will see things quiet down on the internet about the “war” soon, especially if Trump doesn’t get a second term.

The dems hates china more than trump, the only difference is that they don’t tweet daily about it.

This goes back to the topic at hand, feel free to hate china and do business with china at the same time. You are free to do so, just don’t tweet about it, or kiss your business goodbye

that is true.
morey is just an idiot.
i saw a tweet where he attacked trump in addition to the tweet about hong kong.
how can any responsible corporate executive do such a thing...

in our business, we are just having trouble with the uncertainty.
trump may help us get a better deal on the intellectual property, but it is not worth the intentional chaos he causes when he negotiates.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

Actually I dont think it's that simple.
There's an intermingling of both countries for each others' own gain...

Oh no! I'm the 3rd maox2/calihog :O
Help!
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
maomao wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

They have the fastest growing middle class in the world while ours is shrinking. I think they’re plan is to become less and less reliant on the US.

Well there is always plan. But the reality is that both countries becoming more and more reliant no matter what their leaders say or do.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
maomao wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

that is absolutely true.
all our partners are working towards the decoupling and that is why it is great business there right now.
we will get at least a few good years minimal (knock on wood), and if the joint manufacturing works out, there is additional upside.

what is sad is that trump unnecessarily forced a lot of this decoupling.
the chaos that he caused has 'forced' china to expedite this decoupling.

the companies that really get screwed are google and the semiconductor companies. google because huawei is forced to expedite their phone operating system and its ecosystem.
trump has essentially forced huawei to compete against google as soon as possible.
the semiconductor companies like micron are sitting there watching trump hold huawei hostage with the chips for their phone knowing that huawei has just rushed/launched their own processor chips and transmitter amplifier chip.
there is nothing that companies like micron and rf microdevices can do but see damocle's sword hanging over their head. so unnecessary and sad.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Help!

hey, dont crowd our business or at least make this a pyramid scheme

i get 50 cents but i get 10% of your 50 cents!

and i am a cute piggy and not a homely hog

there has been an intermingling of the two countries for mutual gain.
yes china has absolutely gamed the system but the time to stop that was 15 year ago.
when i talked about the situation as a lost cause, that is when those guys think i am earning 50 cents...
they dont understand it is a tough business environment.
we can get rich, but it is not easy
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Help!

That’s what the politicians like to say, ‘it’s not that simple’

Truth is, it is. Chinese middle class is growing, the trade deficit is hugely in their favor, and they are finding other countries to do business with. They can dump our bonds tomorrow and crash our economy. They would be hurt as well but not nearly as bad as we would.
seccom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
As an NBA fan living in the free world, I only expect the notable figures in the NBA to make a statement supporting Morey's right to free speech. That's it. Doesn't seem too difficult to me. There's no need to study Chinese history or understand the HK situation because they don't need to comment on that as it's not the main issue relating to the NBA .

This was from someone on RealGM which I totally agreed with.

For NBA, it is very simple. It is a question of free speech.

China is bullying the NBA to infringe on an US citizen's free speech right.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

seccom wrote:
Quote:
As an NBA fan living in the free world, I only expect the notable figures in the NBA to make a statement supporting Morey's right to free speech. That's it. Doesn't seem too difficult to me. There's no need to study Chinese history or understand the HK situation because they don't need to comment on that as it's not the main issue relating to the NBA .

This was from someone on RealGM which I totally agreed with.

For NBA, it is very simple. It is a question of free speech.

China is bullying the NBA to infringe on an US citizen's free speech right.

I mean, is anyone arguing against Morey's right to free speech?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 34 of 38
Jump to: