Lakers vs Nets games in China might get canceled (update: leaning towards letting Nets/Lakers play)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33069

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

tkLAKERS wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
The games will not be broadcast in China. Does that mean we couldn't/won't see it either?
If they play it?



I think it just means that the games won't be transmitted throughout China. The camera crews are still there filming the games for the US and other international audiences.


If this was the case, the NBA would not cancel the games. Not to mention, this would not be enough to force the Rockets to fire Morey.



I haven't heard of the NBA cancelling the games yet. I've only heard that Chinese State TV is not showing the upcoming NBA games in China.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 902

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
tkLAKERS wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
The games will not be broadcast in China. Does that mean we couldn't/won't see it either?
If they play it?



I think it just means that the games won't be transmitted throughout China. The camera crews are still there filming the games for the US and other international audiences.


If this was the case, the NBA would not cancel the games. Not to mention, this would not be enough to force the Rockets to fire Morey.



I haven't heard of the NBA cancelling the games yet. I've only heard that Chinese State TV is not showing the upcoming NBA games in China.


USA Today reporting there's concern of a cancellation
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2019/10/08/nba-lakers-nets-china-hong-kong/3906496002/
_________________
Lakers Picks The Next Six Years:
2020 - Own
2021 - Own (likely)
2022 - New Orleans
2023 - Own or New Orleans' Pick
2024 - Own (Likely)
2025 - New Orleans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33069

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
tkLAKERS wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
The games will not be broadcast in China. Does that mean we couldn't/won't see it either?
If they play it?



I think it just means that the games won't be transmitted throughout China. The camera crews are still there filming the games for the US and other international audiences.


If this was the case, the NBA would not cancel the games. Not to mention, this would not be enough to force the Rockets to fire Morey.



I haven't heard of the NBA cancelling the games yet. I've only heard that Chinese State TV is not showing the upcoming NBA games in China.


USA Today reporting there's concern of a cancellation
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2019/10/08/nba-lakers-nets-china-hong-kong/3906496002/


Yes, not looking great for the NBA in China games this weekend....if Adam Silver can pull off a minor miracle in getting the games played and people showing up he will have solved an immediate problem. But long term, the NBA is going to take a major hit there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
realking24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2203

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Fracture wrote:
Move the games. China can (bleep) off.


This x100

What is their government going to do next ban all nba games from viewing in China?

Seriously how can the people of China live in silent? Why don't they start a revolution to overthrow these (bleep)?


Because they remember what happened the last couple of times they tried to rise up. Not to mention they have no way to fight back against the government.
Lets not forget that most revolutions begin because of terrible economic conditions. Mainland China is nowhere close to that, the people are well fed and their standard of living is much better than 30 years ago.


not to mention the mainland chinese probably hate hong kong right now with all the stories of mainland chinese living in fear/beaten in hong kong


That’s why China censorship their own people. America is doing it as well to a much smaller and not as obvious spectrum. The less you see the better and more you can control the masses. The big Media corporations want to drive their narrative vs give us the facts. The big Lobbiest that actually control our country have things to sell and get us hooked vs actually letting us make our own chioices. Banning different smaller media networks and just people in general for having different beliefs is very dangerous and seems to me that it’s a form of dictatorship vs best Idea wins! Regardless of who you like politically never support banning ideas you disagree with or you start looking like China or even other countries that still suppress their own people! Highly recommend DuckDuckGo for a good alternative to google👍
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1275

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Fracture wrote:
Move the games. China can (bleep) off.


This x100

What is their government going to do next ban all nba games from viewing in China?

Seriously how can the people of China live in silent? Why don't they start a revolution to overthrow these (bleep)?


Because they remember what happened the last couple of times they tried to rise up. Not to mention they have no way to fight back against the government.
Lets not forget that most revolutions begin because of terrible economic conditions. Mainland China is nowhere close to that, the people are well fed and their standard of living is much better than 30 years ago.


not to mention the mainland chinese probably hate hong kong right now with all the stories of mainland chinese living in fear/beaten in hong kong


That’s why China censorship their own people. America is doing it as well to a much smaller and not as obvious spectrum. The less you see the better and more you can control the masses. The big Media corporations want to drive their narrative vs give us the facts. The big Lobbiest that actually control our country have things to sell and get us hooked vs actually letting us make our own chioices. Banning different smaller media networks and just people in general for having different beliefs is very dangerous and seems to me that it’s a form of dictatorship vs best Idea wins! Regardless of who you like politically never support banning ideas you disagree with or you start looking like China or even other countries that still suppress their own people! Highly recommend DuckDuckGo for a good alternative to google👍


i have lived in hong kong, and i know many in both hong kong and china.

there has always been an issue - hong kong people often look down on the mainlanders and the mainlanders are often jealous with the privileges in hong kong. i highly doubt 99% of the mainlanders care about the hong kong protesters one bit even if they had all the information about who is doing what to whom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
realking24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2203

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
realking24 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Fracture wrote:
Move the games. China can (bleep) off.


This x100

What is their government going to do next ban all nba games from viewing in China?

Seriously how can the people of China live in silent? Why don't they start a revolution to overthrow these (bleep)?


Because they remember what happened the last couple of times they tried to rise up. Not to mention they have no way to fight back against the government.
Lets not forget that most revolutions begin because of terrible economic conditions. Mainland China is nowhere close to that, the people are well fed and their standard of living is much better than 30 years ago.


not to mention the mainland chinese probably hate hong kong right now with all the stories of mainland chinese living in fear/beaten in hong kong


That’s why China censorship their own people. America is doing it as well to a much smaller and not as obvious spectrum. The less you see the better and more you can control the masses. The big Media corporations want to drive their narrative vs give us the facts. The big Lobbiest that actually control our country have things to sell and get us hooked vs actually letting us make our own chioices. Banning different smaller media networks and just people in general for having different beliefs is very dangerous and seems to me that it’s a form of dictatorship vs best Idea wins! Regardless of who you like politically never support banning ideas you disagree with or you start looking like China or even other countries that still suppress their own people! Highly recommend DuckDuckGo for a good alternative to google👍


i have lived in hong kong, and i know many in both hong kong and china.

there has always been an issue - hong kong people often look down on the mainlanders and the mainlanders are often jealous with the privileges in hong kong. i highly doubt 99% of the mainlanders care about the hong kong protesters one bit even if they had all the information about who is doing what to whom.


It seems from a far Hong Kong doesn’t want facial recognition and doesn’t want to be part of China's mass operation to control the population via class credit score so pretty much the more you comply with China’s standards you are elevated but if you disagree or don’t fall in line your scores goes down a bit. Since you lived there and thank you for your sharing is that about right? Or am I missing something?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 4987
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Just relocate the games to HK or Taiwan. Give them a taste of their own venom.
_________________
Manchester United | Greatest European Moments
Fabric of United - Our Belief
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 23722

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Yao Ming should come out and criticize the U.S. for the Gadsden purchase and demand that the lands be returned to Mexico.
_________________
Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1275

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
realking24 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Fracture wrote:
Move the games. China can (bleep) off.


This x100

What is their government going to do next ban all nba games from viewing in China?

Seriously how can the people of China live in silent? Why don't they start a revolution to overthrow these (bleep)?


Because they remember what happened the last couple of times they tried to rise up. Not to mention they have no way to fight back against the government.
Lets not forget that most revolutions begin because of terrible economic conditions. Mainland China is nowhere close to that, the people are well fed and their standard of living is much better than 30 years ago.


not to mention the mainland chinese probably hate hong kong right now with all the stories of mainland chinese living in fear/beaten in hong kong


That’s why China censorship their own people. America is doing it as well to a much smaller and not as obvious spectrum. The less you see the better and more you can control the masses. The big Media corporations want to drive their narrative vs give us the facts. The big Lobbiest that actually control our country have things to sell and get us hooked vs actually letting us make our own chioices. Banning different smaller media networks and just people in general for having different beliefs is very dangerous and seems to me that it’s a form of dictatorship vs best Idea wins! Regardless of who you like politically never support banning ideas you disagree with or you start looking like China or even other countries that still suppress their own people! Highly recommend DuckDuckGo for a good alternative to google👍


i have lived in hong kong, and i know many in both hong kong and china.

there has always been an issue - hong kong people often look down on the mainlanders and the mainlanders are often jealous with the privileges in hong kong. i highly doubt 99% of the mainlanders care about the hong kong protesters one bit even if they had all the information about who is doing what to whom.


It seems from a far Hong Kong doesn’t want facial recognition and doesn’t want to be part of China's mass operation to control the population via class credit score so pretty much the more you comply with China’s standards you are elevated but if you disagree or don’t fall in line your scores goes down a bit. Since you lived there and thank you for your sharing is that about right? Or am I missing something?


a lot of people are staying home trying to stay safe. all the people i know in hong kong are in this category. i am sure police are beating protesters just like the protesters are throwing gasoline bombs at the police.

there is a lot of sentiment for the protesters but normal people are scared to death to what will happen. they almost KNOW that the resolution will be a bad one.

china regards hong kong as part of china and its structural integrity is absolutely NOT negotiable. that stems from the colonial days when china was bullied and colonized by the western powers and japan. and some of the war crimes committed by the japanese in ww2 were absolutely unreal like skinning captives alive. so u can call it an enormous chip on the shoulder for these matters.

the protesters are indeed scared to death of the facial recognition technologies being deployed in hong kong are very similar to those in northwestern china. they should be scared to death.

the problem now is that the protesters have pushed way too far and there is no way the chinese rulers will not regard them as an enormous threat going forward. i dont think there is any going back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Yao Ming should come out and criticize the U.S. for the Gadsden purchase and demand that the lands be returned to Mexico.


nah thats too far away, just have jackie chan weibo his support for the recent anti trump riots, or the oakland riots I personaly witness 10 or so years ago, or stand with Rodney king
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 6329
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

China can go (bleep) themselves tbh.
_________________
Don't let perfect be the enemy of good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VindicatioN
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Aug 2004
Posts: 1532

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
China harvests organs from those being imprisoned merely because of their religious beliefs.

Is this real life???

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-harvesting-organs-of-uighur-muslims-china-tribunal-tells-un-2019-9


Yes but mainstream Media doesn’t cover it and the ones that do are being banned. There’s a close relationship with Google and China as well that either people ignore or just don’t know about. Also just a double standard. Players cry for equality and ignore the biggest elephant in the room. Lol that’s why I don’t really care about actors or athletes opinions because it’s what drives business vs actually change


Yup. All the SJW’s mysteriously quiet about this issue, i guess they only have a voice when it doesn’t affect their bottom line. Im talking about the lebrons and kerrs of the world. Hypocrites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 23722

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Yao Ming should come out and criticize the U.S. for the Gadsden purchase and demand that the lands be returned to Mexico.


nah thats too far away, just have jackie chan weibo his support for the recent anti trump riots, or the oakland riots I personaly witness 10 or so years ago, or stand with Rodney king

I would love Jackie Chan to support anti-Trump protests (not "riots"). That would be a total riot!
_________________
Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
maomao wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Yao Ming should come out and criticize the U.S. for the Gadsden purchase and demand that the lands be returned to Mexico.


nah thats too far away, just have jackie chan weibo his support for the recent anti trump riots, or the oakland riots I personaly witness 10 or so years ago, or stand with Rodney king

I would love Jackie Chan to support anti-Trump protests (not "riots"). That would be a total riot!


https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Charges-Against-38-Remaining-Inauguration-Riot-Defendants-Dismissed-487522881.html

well, not riots, but at least a riot.
maybe it's all fake, it's the police that dressed up as rioters that did all thge damage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1275

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

not good - "tickets have become unavailable online and community events are getting dropped from the schedule."

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/10/8/20905131/nba-rumors-growing-concern-nba-could-cancel-lakers-vs-nets-preseason-game-china-training-camp-2019


Last edited by cal1piggy on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
realking24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2203

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
realking24 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
realking24 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Fracture wrote:
Move the games. China can (bleep) off.


This x100

What is their government going to do next ban all nba games from viewing in China?

Seriously how can the people of China live in silent? Why don't they start a revolution to overthrow these (bleep)?


Because they remember what happened the last couple of times they tried to rise up. Not to mention they have no way to fight back against the government.
Lets not forget that most revolutions begin because of terrible economic conditions. Mainland China is nowhere close to that, the people are well fed and their standard of living is much better than 30 years ago.


not to mention the mainland chinese probably hate hong kong right now with all the stories of mainland chinese living in fear/beaten in hong kong


That’s why China censorship their own people. America is doing it as well to a much smaller and not as obvious spectrum. The less you see the better and more you can control the masses. The big Media corporations want to drive their narrative vs give us the facts. The big Lobbiest that actually control our country have things to sell and get us hooked vs actually letting us make our own chioices. Banning different smaller media networks and just people in general for having different beliefs is very dangerous and seems to me that it’s a form of dictatorship vs best Idea wins! Regardless of who you like politically never support banning ideas you disagree with or you start looking like China or even other countries that still suppress their own people! Highly recommend DuckDuckGo for a good alternative to google👍


i have lived in hong kong, and i know many in both hong kong and china.

there has always been an issue - hong kong people often look down on the mainlanders and the mainlanders are often jealous with the privileges in hong kong. i highly doubt 99% of the mainlanders care about the hong kong protesters one bit even if they had all the information about who is doing what to whom.


It seems from a far Hong Kong doesn’t want facial recognition and doesn’t want to be part of China's mass operation to control the population via class credit score so pretty much the more you comply with China’s standards you are elevated but if you disagree or don’t fall in line your scores goes down a bit. Since you lived there and thank you for your sharing is that about right? Or am I missing something?


a lot of people are staying home trying to stay safe. all the people i know in hong kong are in this category. i am sure police are beating protesters just like the protesters are throwing gasoline bombs at the police.

there is a lot of sentiment for the protesters but normal people are scared to death to what will happen. they almost KNOW that the resolution will be a bad one.

china regards hong kong as part of china and its structural integrity is absolutely NOT negotiable. that stems from the colonial days when china was bullied and colonized by the western powers and japan. and some of the war crimes committed by the japanese in ww2 were absolutely unreal like skinning captives alive. so u can call it an enormous chip on the shoulder for these matters.

the protesters are indeed scared to death of the facial recognition technologies being deployed in hong kong are very similar to those in northwestern china. they should be scared to death.

the problem now is that the protesters have pushed way too far and there is no way the chinese rulers will not regard them as an enormous threat going forward. i dont think there is any going back.


Great insight 👍 and perspective
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33069

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
not good - tickets have become unavailable online and community events are getting dropped from the schedule.


Sounds like the Chinese government is going to make an example of the NBA....probably time to reschedule the preseason games back in LA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1275

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
not good - tickets have become unavailable online and community events are getting dropped from the schedule.


Sounds like the Chinese government is going to make an example of the NBA....probably time to reschedule the preseason games back in LA.


yes, it is preseason games so...
so very cheap but very loud example.
i think they are going to wait to see what the commissioner will do.
i doubt anything can be done.
but pulling out may be a sign of disrespect so they may play there anyway...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 1404
Location: Western PA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
I hope they do cancel it. I don't like how China is trying to export it's authoritarian crackdown on free-speech over here to the US. What an over the top overreaction by the communist regime over there.

I believe “over the top” is one of the core tenets of communism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2270

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
It would really suck to have the team fly there for nothing (they already left). Some of the worst jet lag I’ve ever had was coming back from Hong Kong.

Just came back from hong kong a month ago and I agree the jet lag was really bad. It took more than a week to get back to normal.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2601

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

If China doesn’t want us there, we should just pull out. No sense being bullied by the communist leadership.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32577

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
What kind of an (bleep) goes to someone's house and tells them how to run it?


Yeah...publicity supporting the right to freedom is pretty low. Great point


I don't think anyone is killing him for supporting freedom.

They do seem to want him to get fired for it, though.


Yeesh.
Cancel culture?
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18949
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Well this sucks, for the Lakers and also for the Brooklyn Nets. I hope for both teams' sake they get to play twice, regardless of where it is.

This also sucks for NBA fans in China.

On one hand, it's good to practice discretion when you're visible to the public. On the other hand, freedom of speech is more important here, whether or not anyone agrees or disagrees with Morey. It's not China's place to dictate what American's say and think.

Morey is an NBA owner, but he's not the NBA itself. He has little to do with the Lakers or with Brooklyn, and he wasn't speaking on behalf of the NBA. Agree or disagree with him, it's WAY over the top for China to want to ban televising NBA games simply because one guy who's a GM of the Rockets sent out a tweet they didn't like. That's not how you build alliances, that's how you tear them down. Not that the US hasn't been doing the same thing with tariffs, which I suspect may be the real beef here.

I also hope Silver can pull some kind of rabbit out of a hat. I'm glad he's actually over there himself. I hope they make a play or don't play decision really quickly, and if the answer is don't play, get them home quickly so we can schedule these 2 games in either LA, Brooklyn, or both cities.

If it's the latter, I know it'll take some improvisation, but it's better than only 4 preseason games, all against one club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 10476
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Bigger jackass, Daryl Morey or Marc Cuban?


I’m fully aware ones a GM and the other is an Owner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33069

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Well this sucks, for the Lakers and also for the Brooklyn Nets. I hope for both teams' sake they get to play twice, regardless of where it is.

This also sucks for NBA fans in China.

On one hand, it's good to practice discretion when you're visible to the public. On the other hand, freedom of speech is more important here, whether or not anyone agrees or disagrees with Morey. It's not China's place to dictate what American's say and think.

Morey is an NBA owner, but he's not the NBA itself. He has little to do with the Lakers or with Brooklyn, and he wasn't speaking on behalf of the NBA. Agree or disagree with him, it's WAY over the top for China to want to ban televising NBA games simply because one guy who's a GM of the Rockets sent out a tweet they didn't like. That's not how you build alliances, that's how you tear them down. Not that the US hasn't been doing the same thing with tariffs, which I suspect may be the real beef here.

I also hope Silver can pull some kind of rabbit out of a hat. I'm glad he's actually over there himself. I hope they make a play or don't play decision really quickly, and if the answer is don't play, get them home quickly so we can schedule these 2 games in either LA, Brooklyn, or both cities.

If it's the latter, I know it'll take some improvisation, but it's better than only 4 preseason games, all against one club.

Since twitter is banned from the Chinese public, my guess is somebody in the government got alerted to the tweet and decided to make an example of them to make them pay or to not cross that line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 3 of 38
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB