Lakers vs Nets games in China might get canceled (update: leaning towards letting Nets/Lakers play)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
I'm going to start wearing my "Free Tibet" shirt to NBA games.*

* probably only 2-3 NBA games.

good for you, and we can wear whatever we want in the US, but i doubt you would go to China and wear that Tshirt to attend any games.

What would happen to me?

the worst thing their government could do to you is to leave you alone without police protection in the middle the mob of angry chinese citizens.

roflmao

Is that the official position on action re: political dissidents of the CCP?

"We'll just leave you alone."

The boot licking in this thread reminds me of the servile phenomenon we experienced when we acquired a certain player in 2014...
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

Here's something we can all agree is wrong: https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1181964700860346368

sorry, but what do you expect for-profit companies to do.
they are between a rock and a hard place.
the typical corporate response is to ban politics or anything remotely political affecting their product, which seems like what they are doing.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

Here's something we can all agree is wrong: https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1181964700860346368

no I don't see what's wrong. You can be kicked out of any private venue for whatever reason or even no reason. The arena is not a public place. Check the terms of service on your ticket.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
I'm going to start wearing my "Free Tibet" shirt to NBA games.*

* probably only 2-3 NBA games.

good for you, and we can wear whatever we want in the US, but i doubt you would go to China and wear that Tshirt to attend any games.

What would happen to me?

the worst thing their government could do to you is to leave you alone without police protection in the middle the mob of angry chinese citizens.

roflmao

Is that the official position on action re: political dissidents of the CCP?

"We'll just leave you alone."

The boot licking in this thread reminds me of the servile phenomenon we experienced when we acquired a certain player in 2014...

if you are a dissident, then they will probably lock you away.
have you ever been to china?
i personally have been on the receiving end after accidentally offending some average chinese citizens.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
This is what happens when you choose to do business with a group of immoral people like the Chinese communist party. Hate to see it!

Wrong,

this is what happens when you send out a tweet without thinking.

It's largely wrong because it seems to naively posit there's morality in business.

Screw China period. A government making this big of a deal over a tweet is digusting. Boycott the Rockets? sure. But making this a mountain of an issue is just stupid and shows how petty and authoritarian regime really is.

All I see is a bunch of jealous Chinese people mad that people in Hong Kong can actually protest an issue without a tank running them over. Just a sad group of people who can't even disagree with their government on anything. I see now why organs are being harvested on a mass scale and nobody is saying a word over there.

If I was the NBA, I would pull out completely and focus all the resources on India, Middle East, and African countries like Nigeria, Ethiopia, etc... In 50 years, those countries will far outnumber Chinese citizens when you factor in birth rates; Indians will surpass Chinese by themselves in the next 20 years and countries like Nigeria will have more youth that can be nurtured to be pro-NBA and American.

If China can't deal with a US person expressing their free opinion on a US platform like Twitter then the NBA should take the short term hit and focus on the other 200 countries in the world that appreciate the NBA.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Morey didn't cause this

When will people see that an Authoritarian Dictatorship is the cause of the insanity about this harmless tweet.

The NBA is not a .gov extension last time I went there

You sure? If Morey did not tweet then there would be no issue. He did tweet and now there is a poop storm.

Logic
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
laker4life wrote:
This is what happens when you choose to do business with a group of immoral people like the Chinese communist party. Hate to see it!

Wrong,

It's largely wrong because it seems to naively posit there's morality in business.

Screw China period. A government making this big of a deal over a tweet is digusting. Boycott the Rockets? sure. But making this a mountain of an issue is just stupid and shows how petty and authoritarian regime really is.

All I see is a bunch of jealous Chinese people mad that people in Hong Kong can actually protest an issue without a tank running them over. Just a sad group of people who can't even disagree with their government on anything. I see now why organs are being harvested on a mass scale and nobody is saying a word over there.

If I was the NBA, I would pull out completely and focus all the resources on India, Middle East, and African countries like Nigeria, Ethiopia, etc... In 50 years, those countries will far outnumber Chinese citizens when you factor in birth rates; Indians will surpass Chinese by themselves in the next 20 years and countries like Nigeria will have more youth that can be nurtured to be pro-NBA and American.

If China can't deal with a US person expressing their free opinion on a US platform like Twitter then the NBA should take the short term hit and focus on the other 200 countries in the world that appreciate the NBA.

Modi's a pretty vile piece of Islamophobic work, but he presumably can be voted out of office unlike our boy Xi in the PRC.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:

Wrong,

easy to say
harder to walk away from tens of billions of dollars of profits
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

Chinese government bans the NBA.
HK protestors wear NBA jerseys to their next protest rally.
Your move commies.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:

no I don't see what's wrong. You can be kicked out of any private venue for whatever reason or even no reason. The arena is not a public place. Check the terms of service on your ticket.

I need to try this with a "Boris Johnson is a vapid poltroon" sign this upcoming season.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

If you were an NBA owner would you say screw China?

Notice Kobe who’s been very vocal in the past year has said zip. Nike and his investments ... money talks!

You see NBA players talking? Front office put the kabosh on that and I’m pretty sure the shoe companies did too!

Money always wins!
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Chinese government bans the NBA.
HK protestors wear NBA jerseys to their next protest rally.
Your move commies.

that's pretty bad actually. I don't want to see someone wearing a kobe jersey commiting violent crimes and getting arrested.

Please only limit to James fraud Harden or Rockets jersey please!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
If you were an NBA owner would you say screw China?

Notice Kobe who’s been very vocal in the past year has said zip. Nike and his investments ... money talks!

You see NBA players talking? Front office put the kabosh on that and I’m pretty sure the shoe companies did too!

Money always wins!

Sadly true. It will grind all but a small percentage of us into snuff for that small percentage.

But at least we've got basketball to distract us from our servile existences!

Wait...
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:

I need to try this with a "Boris Johnson is a vapid poltroon" sign this upcoming season.

most people dont know who boris johnson is and dont know what the word poltroon means.
and most dont care about brexit either and may not even consider it a political matter
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

maomao wrote:

all it takes is one business partner of the arena, could be the participating teams, media/broadcast partners, or sponsors to ask the security guard. You will be on your way out. That's the way it is in a private venue
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

no, this is what happened when you send out tweets without considering consequences.

Yeah, the authoritarian regime tries to force you to abandon your own morals.

other country's matter is none of our business. you are not a Chinese citizen, so you got nothing to worry about.
when we have our Moral in Chief Trump in the office, discussing morals is funny.

Why not?

No offense, but you wouldn't like it if other countries started poking their noses in our business. America has a serious race problem, obesity is rampant, or food is loaded with poisons, we have veterans living on the streets, our health care system is designed for drug companies to make lots of money while you get sicker and poorer and for some reason we can't stop our citizens from shooting up schools, churches and concerts. We got enough to worry about on our own soil.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:

Wrong,

Modi's a pretty vile piece of Islamophobic work, but he presumably can be voted out of office unlike our boy Xi in the PRC.

many indians want modi to copy in kashmir what china is doing in xinjiang.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

no, this is what happened when you send out tweets without considering consequences.

other country's matter is none of our business. you are not a Chinese citizen, so you got nothing to worry about.
when we have our Moral in Chief Trump in the office, discussing morals is funny.

Why not?

whatever, man. you hate China, i got it. i don't like China, but i don't hate them either.
we can discuss this again when Trump finally found his lost moral somehow

That escalated quickly, but you sidestepped my question adroitly. Is Brexit none of our business? Is slash and burn agriculture in the Amazon rainforest none of our business? If you live in Thailand or Botswana or Denmark, are baby concentration camps in Texas none of your business?

Brexit is NONE of our business, slash and burn agriculture in Amazon is NONE of our business. baby concentration camps in Texas IS our business, but NONE of the business for Thailand or Botswana or Denmark. you didn't see the Chinese or Russia media mentioning any of the baby concentration camps, have you?

You're wrong and provincial-minded.

maybe you should go run for something. i am just trying to put food on the table and watch my Lakers. other than that, i could careless

You obviously care a lot about this issue and I think it's wonderful that you're so passionate about it. I hope what's occurring now in the wake of the Morey tweet doesn't impact your ability to enjoy Lakers games.

it already did actually. We wouldn't be here discussing this if not for Morey's dumb play. And I can see what US and China fans discussing about the LBJ/AD pair rather than this bull crap

His dumb comment is creating unnecessary issues between China and the NBA.

It effects the Lakers because the Lakers are in China.

Even one of his players Harden stepped up and apologized.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Why not?

No offense, but you wouldn't like it if other countries started poking their noses in our business. America has a serious race problem, obesity is rampant, or food is loaded with poisons, we have veterans living on the streets, our health care system is designed for drug companies to make lots of money while you get sicker and poorer and for some reason we can't stop our citizens from shooting up schools, churches and concerts. We got enough to worry about on our own soil.

You don't believe a citizen of any nation should concern himself with issues in other nations alongside those issues at home?
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Why not?

I think you are free to care about the entire world. But only two issues:

1. priorities, don't worry about your countries issues until after you're done dealing with your family issues. Same applies to foreign and domestic.

2. double standards, use the same standards every where.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Why not?

I think George W. Bush and his cohort should've been tried at the Hague and that the EU should levy sanctions against the U.S. for its gross humanitarian rights abuses in contravention of the 1951 Refugee Convention. I'd also be ecstatic if there was an international call for the US to issue reparations for slavery.

Obviously other nations already warn their citizens about the dangers of traveling to the U.S. There's Canadian medical insurance that solely exists for Canadian citizens who frequently travel in the U.S. Etc.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
laker4life wrote:

Wrong,

many indians want modi to copy in kashmir what china is doing in xinjiang.

Yup. Islamaphobia is rampant the world over these days.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
maomao wrote:

most people dont know who boris johnson is and dont know what the word poltroon means.
and most dont care about brexit either and may not even consider it a political matter

It's a fun word, isn't it?
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

laker4life wrote:
maomao wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Why not?

whatever, man. you hate China, i got it. i don't like China, but i don't hate them either.
we can discuss this again when Trump finally found his lost moral somehow

That escalated quickly, but you sidestepped my question adroitly. Is Brexit none of our business? Is slash and burn agriculture in the Amazon rainforest none of our business? If you live in Thailand or Botswana or Denmark, are baby concentration camps in Texas none of your business?

Brexit is NONE of our business, slash and burn agriculture in Amazon is NONE of our business. baby concentration camps in Texas IS our business, but NONE of the business for Thailand or Botswana or Denmark. you didn't see the Chinese or Russia media mentioning any of the baby concentration camps, have you?

You're wrong and provincial-minded.

maybe you should go run for something. i am just trying to put food on the table and watch my Lakers. other than that, i could careless

You obviously care a lot about this issue and I think it's wonderful that you're so passionate about it. I hope what's occurring now in the wake of the Morey tweet doesn't impact your ability to enjoy Lakers games.

it already did actually. We wouldn't be here discussing this if not for Morey's dumb play. And I can see what US and China fans discussing about the LBJ/AD pair rather than this bull crap

His dumb comment is creating unnecessary issues between China and the NBA.

It effects the Lakers because the Lakers are in China.

Even one of his players Harden stepped up and apologized.

It's more than that actually, Rockets + Lakers is like 90 to 95% of the NBA in China after the warriors collapse. If you take out the Rockets in China, then it's just the Lakers. If you take out both the Lakers and Rockets in China, there is no NBA there.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

kwase wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Why not?

I think George W. Bush and his cohort should've been tried at the hague and that the EU should levy sanctions against the U.S. for its gross humanitarian rights abuses in contravention of the 1951 Refugee Convention. I'd also be ecstatic if there was an international call for the US to issue reparations for slavery.

Obviously other nations already warn their citizens about the dangers of traveling to the U.S. There's Canadian medical insurance that solely exists for Canadian citizens who frequently travel in the U.S. Etc.

well, that is some nice fantasy world you have there.
most of us have to deal with reality.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 16 of 38
Jump to: