No Cable, How to watch Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrokenLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Sign up for a VPN service, then sign up for league pass via India website. Full year should be like $5. Then u can watch all games anytime. Good VPN will be like $50 a year though

Does this really work? I already use NordVPN.
I want to know as well. And what is india's nba league pass site?

I just tried it out now(I use Nord VPN). I was able to purchase it from the India NBA website, but when I log into the NBA app using my credentials I keep getting wrong username/password. I can log into the NBA India website fine and can see my active NBA League Pass subscription so who knows. If I get it working ill update my post. Worst case scenario I'm out $15.

I hate the idea of spending $40 a month for a cable box just to watch Laker games.

Update: So it looks like I am able to log in using the website(NOT THE APP) and was able to play some random video clips. Once the season starts, I should be able to repeat the process them beam it to my TV.

Same here. I can’t log in on the app, only on the website. I am on PureVPN, so it’s not only Nord. Maybe it’s a precautionary thing to limit people who are doing this method?
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

BrokenLaker wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Sign up for a VPN service, then sign up for league pass via India website. Full year should be like $5. Then u can watch all games anytime. Good VPN will be like $50 a year though

I just tried it out now(I use Nord VPN). I was able to purchase it from the India NBA website, but when I log into the NBA app using my credentials I keep getting wrong username/password. I can log into the NBA India website fine and can see my active NBA League Pass subscription so who knows. If I get it working ill update my post. Worst case scenario I'm out $15.

I hate the idea of spending $40 a month for a cable box just to watch Laker games.

Update: So it looks like I am able to log in using the website(NOT THE APP) and was able to play some random video clips. Once the season starts, I should be able to repeat the process them beam it to my TV.

Same here. I can’t log in on the app, only on the website. I am on PureVPN, so it’s not only Nord. Maybe it’s a precautionary thing to limit people who are doing this method?

Read my previous post. In order to use the app, you need to download it from the India App Store. You’ll need to sign out of the App Store, create a dummy Apple ID account with the region set to India, then log back into the App Store using the dummy account and download the NBA app again. Should work after that.
BrokenLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
BrokenLaker wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Read my previous post. In order to use the app, you need to download it from the India App Store. You’ll need to sign out of the App Store, create a dummy Apple ID account with the region set to India, then log back into the App Store using the dummy account and download the NBA app again. Should work after that.

Ok great thanks. I was also able to login going incognito on the Chrome app using a VPN. I’ll see how it goes
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

I replied directly to you above. Read my post if you want to use the APP.

I'm using IOS, so that wont work for me HOWEVER I did manage a workaround if you're using IOS:

1)Sign out of the App store on your IOS device

2)Create a new Apple ID using the VPN and make the set the region to India.

3)Log back into the App store using your account

4)Download the NBA app(which will now be coming from India app store)

5)Log into the NBA app using the credentials you used to sign up for India league pass

6)Watch and enjoy. I was able to browse a few clips on my phone since there are no games yet.

What's great is when you have the NBA India app on your phone, you don't even need the VPN connected it just streams whatever you want.

Also the streams appear to be coming from US servers so the videos load instantly.

Thanks for confirming everything works well. I am planning to sign up when the season starts. How do you plan on watching games on your Tv? Is there an Apple TV app?
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

I'm using IOS, so that wont work for me HOWEVER I did manage a workaround if you're using IOS:

5)Log into the NBA app using the credentials you used to sign up for India league pass

6)Watch and enjoy. I was able to browse a few clips on my phone since there are no games yet.

What's great is when you have the NBA India app on your phone, you don't even need the VPN connected it just streams whatever you want.

Also the streams appear to be coming from US servers so the videos load instantly.

Thanks for confirming everything works well. I am planning to sign up when the season starts. How do you plan on watching games on your Tv? Is there an Apple TV app?

You play it using the app on your phone, then once it is playing you beam it to your TV using whatever media appliance you have(Apple TV/Roku/Fire stick etc...)
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

You play it using the app on your phone, then once it is playing you beam it to your TV using whatever media appliance you have(Apple TV/Roku/Fire stick etc...)

It might be just as simple with Android. I thought I had to turn VPN, as well as the international NBA app, but I just found out, you don't need to log into VPN either. Just sign into the account and start playing. And casting works without hassle since vpn is not involved.

The reason I didn't think of this is because when I'm logged into the app without VPN, and I check my account status, it says I have no subscription. If I turn on VPN, then it shows I'm subscribed to league pass. So I never thought to test the streaming without VPN. But it works.

Testing Clippers game right now which should be blacked out, but it works.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
MedRomLaker wrote:
vpn+kodi+gearstv(actual not a reseller) kicked ass all of last year will never go back. 15 bucks for every damn channel on cable/satelite

jodeke wrote:
Get FireStick, download Nitro TV. You can watch most PPV events, NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, DZAN, So many sporting events it'll blow your mind.

I messed up this Saturday, didn't look for the Porter vs Spence fight. I ordered it. While I was watching the fight a friend who has Nitro TV called and asked how I was enjoying the fight. I told him it was not what I expected..Yada, Yada, Yada. He said he was watching it on Nitro. I spent $74.95 I didn't have to. I won't sleep on that again.

Yo Jodeke is your nitro a reseller or original? Does it have spectrum sportsnet?

What do you mean by reseller or original?

There are a couple of ways to get Nitro. You can LINK or you can Buy Nitro TV. You can also get codes so you can add to firestick using your codes. I haven't look for Spectrum Sports Net. I'll check and let you know. It probably does. I use NBA League Pass.

with iptv providers there are alot of resellers, I looked up nitrotv and found tons of websites each one was a reseller not the original service, as I would be using kodi not firestick.

jodeke wrote:
@MedRomLaker I checked I don't see a spectrum sportsnet. NBA League Pass list all 30 teams including the Lakers and Clippers. I can watch any team I choose. You also get college sports, UFC FIGHT PASS, RUGBY PASSES, HORSE RACING, SOCCER. I won't list all the sports you get, it would literally take a whole page.

Thanks Jodeke, ya I'll probably stick to what I used last season since it has spectrum SN

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
Daiei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

Users of AnotherDuck message me please...
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

https://nbastream.io/

Cant do reddit anymore they stopped it
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Reddit worked fine.
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

For anybody interested. I'm part of a discord with over 150,000 people. There are links to every NBA game. Message me if you want an invite. Alot of the links are mobile friendly as well.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
For anybody interested. I'm part of a discord with over 150,000 people. There are links to every NBA game. Message me if you want an invite. Alot of the links are mobile friendly as well.

I'm probably part of that. Was watching the game earlier in HD. After the nbastreams subreddit was closed down, I managed to get an invite to the discord group by a fellow redditor. And, it's an absolute Godsend...
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Everyone thinking that they should sign up to the India Leaguepass, be cautious. I did it last year and it worked out fine. However, this year I noticed that they have a new disclaimer, on only that one country, which reads: "Your NBA League Pass service will be available for use in India only." This disclaimer isn't on any of the other countries and I checked about 30 other countries through my VPN.

My speeds while connected to India were terrible so I never actually streamed my games while connected to India. With this disclaimer, I'm wondering if you would have to be connected to India in order to utilize it. Buyer beware!

South Africa is $25.
Romania is $46.
Brazil is $50.
Mexico is $51.

All of those are great deals as well! For me, the Mexico has the best latency, so I might just be inclined to go that route. This season is far to important to me to take any chances!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
Everyone thinking that they should sign up to the India Leaguepass, be cautious. I did it last year and it worked out fine. However, this year I noticed that they have a new disclaimer, on only that one country, which reads: "Your NBA League Pass service will be available for use in India only." This disclaimer isn't on any of the other countries and I checked about 30 other countries through my VPN.

My speeds while connected to India were terrible so I never actually streamed my games while connected to India. With this disclaimer, I'm wondering if you would have to be connected to India in order to utilize it. Buyer beware!

South Africa is $25.
Romania is $46.
Brazil is $50.
Mexico is $51.

All of those are great deals as well! For me, the Mexico has the best latency, so I might just be inclined to go that route. This season is far to important to me to take any chances!

They put that up probably because they know this is going on. But it works fine. You can disconnect the vpn, as a matter of fact, disconnecting the vpn is the only way it will cast from your smartphone to you smart tv, chromecast, etc. I made the mistake of thinking you needed to be connected to vpn when you cast, then you can cut the vpn after. But it turns out, it won't cast if you're connected to vpn. You need to disconnect vpn before you cast.

1. turn on india vpn
2. open nba app
3. disconnect vpn
4. cast to whatever
h0tmaleocom
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Thank you guys so much. Got nordvpn and now I got nba league pass...
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

This is the new r/nbastreams. Who knows how long it'll last, but it's been working for now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/adamsilverfanpage/
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
BrokenLaker wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Just to clear a few things up:

1) You can use any Apple ID account.
2) You can download the NBA app on your default Apple Store.
3) If you have a mobile VPN (say, NordVPN), run it first then select India as your server.
4) After that, you can run the NBA app and login.

Note:
You do, however, need to be on an Indian server when logging in to the NBA website to buy the LP. You will only see your subscription when you're "in India."

Source: Me (Canada)

I basically downloaded and registered for everything on default Canadian internet. I then used the VPN to buy the LP. I also watched the game live on my iPad last Saturday.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

It might be just as simple with Android. I thought I had to turn VPN, as well as the international NBA app, but I just found out, you don't need to log into VPN either. Just sign into the account and start playing. And casting works without hassle since vpn is not involved.

The reason I didn't think of this is because when I'm logged into the app without VPN, and I check my account status, it says I have no subscription. If I turn on VPN, then it shows I'm subscribed to league pass. So I never thought to test the streaming without VPN. But it works.

Trying to get this to work. I have an s10+ (works fine on it) but using the app on my firestick is a chore and you can't get the games full screen.

*edit
I was able to find a different version of the app, now working perfectly on my firestick. Used vpn to login, once I logged in I was able to turn off the VPN and watch as normal.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Trying to get this to work. I have an s10+ (works fine on it) but using the app on my firestick is a chore and you can't get the games full screen.

*edit
I was able to find a different version of the app, now working perfectly on my firestick. Used vpn to login, once I logged in I was able to turn off the VPN and watch as normal.

The app you found is it made for a clicker remote? If yes, please share.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Yeah, tried this. Worked for a couple days, but today the account is locked. Says contact customer support. Happened around the time I tried to log into the India NBA app while using the vpn set to India.

Lol, sketchy as hell. Don't work no more, and I'm out $14.18

Yeah, no go on this one guys.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Yeah, tried this. Worked for a couple days, but today the account is locked. Says contact customer support. Happened around the time I tried to log into the India NBA app while using the vpn set to India.

Lol, sketchy as hell. Don't work no more, and I'm out $14.18

Yeah, no go on this one guys.

If anybody's being sketchy, we are. LOL! We knew the risk. Mine is still working. Knock on wood.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

If anybody's being sketchy, we are. LOL! We knew the risk. Mine is still working. Knock on wood.

Mine got locked when I tried to login to the India vpn NBA app. I think I know why. Even though I’m using a VPN, iOS has location services running. That triggered my account to get locked.

If I didn’t try that, and just watched over the computer, it would probably still work.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Mine got locked when I tried to login to the India vpn NBA app. I think I know why. Even though I’m using a VPN, iOS has location services running. That triggered my account to get locked.

If I didn’t try that, and just watched over the computer, it would probably still work.

After getting locked out with IOS, did you try computer or Android?
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

After getting locked out with IOS, did you try computer or Android?

Yeah, the whole account is locked. Says contact customer support, but I think I’m just going to leave it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: