ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:
You know a team is scary good when the arguments against them is-
"Let's see what they look like playing together"
And
"Kawhi will be injured.."

You guys are hoping for the best because you know if both teams are at full strength they are stronger. Top to bottom. On both ends on the perimeter they got us beat. They got us beat in depth. We have the advantage on the inside but they can definitely shore that up with moveable assets, which we don't have. Hopefully they are injured if we meet them.

And on the contrary Clippers "fans" are likely saying the same about us. "We ain't worried about the Lakers, LeBron is gonna blow his knee out carrying that entire team every night"

im saying maybe we should see them play together for a few games before labeling them clearly better.. kind of makes sense to me .. I fully believe if both teams are healthy it would be a great series and I absolutely believe the Lakers could win, it's a toss up at this point with a ton of "what ifs" on both teams that nobody knows the answer to yet. I would be shocked if either of the current rosters are the final playoff roster for either team as well so that's just another reason you can't claim either team is the "clear" favorite after a couple games to start the season....

you're probably just trolling though at this point so i'll go ahead and stop for the night... smh.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:
Yep like I said pray that they are injured.

Kawhi's already injured and will be for the rest of his career.

No praying required.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
And

You guys are hoping for the best because you know if both teams are at full strength they are stronger. Top to bottom. On both ends on the perimeter they got us beat. They got us beat in depth. We have the advantage on the inside but they can definitely shore that up with moveable assets, which we don't have. Hopefully they are injured if we meet them.

And on the contrary Clippers "fans" are likely saying the same about us. "We ain't worried about the Lakers, LeBron is gonna blow his knee out carrying that entire team every night"

im saying maybe we should see them play together for a few games before labeling them clearly better.. kind of makes sense to me .. I fully believe if both teams are healthy it would be a great series and I absolutely believe the Lakers could win, it's a toss up at this point with a ton of "what ifs" on both teams that nobody knows the answer to yet. I would be shocked if either of the current rosters are the final playoff roster for either team as well so that's just another reason you can't claim either team is the "clear" favorite after a couple games to start the season....

you're probably just trolling though at this point so i'll go ahead and stop for the night... smh.

Lol, if you've actually paid attention to his posts he's always putting the Lakers down. He's likely a Clipper fan just joined
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

No praying required.

I forgot that you are not only the #1 basketball brain on this forum but also the medical expert.
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
hype wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
And

Lol, if you've actually paid attention to his posts he's always putting the Lakers down. He's likely a Clipper fan just joined

Nope I cheer for my team and call it like it is. I'm not like you who only sees everything thru his purple and gold shades.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

No praying required.

I forgot that you are not only the #1 basketball brain on this forum but also the medical expert.

I don't need to be. The Spurs medical experts have already said what Kawhi has. The Spurs medical experts have called Kawhi's condition tendinopathy, and called it degenerative. Degenerative tendinopathy is with you ... FOREVER

Do you have the medical credentials to disagree?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:
drae wrote:
hype wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
And

Nope I cheer for my team and call it like it is. I'm not like you who only sees everything thru his purple and gold shades.

Sorry but I cheer for my team and call it like it is. I'm not the one who only sees everything through his Clipper shades
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
drae wrote:
hype wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
And

Sorry but I cheer for my team and call it like it is. I'm not the one who only sees everything through his Clipper shades

Case and point 2 people can see things completely differently. I see you as a delusional Laker fan and you see me as a Clipper fan.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

We're clearly a better defensive team (at least right now). Clippers have already given up 120+ points several times.

Even when you're not at full strength, a team that the media said would be the grestest defensive team ever shouldn't give up that many points that often. Sounds like they still have some work to do creating a defensive culture.

Contrast that to how we've only given up 110+ points twice, and we haven't allowed anyone to reach 115 yet.

Our offense is also at least as strong as theirs. We've scored 120+ points in three of our last four games. With Kuzma back we should see our offensive numbers steadily go up over the next several weeks.

It's almost impossible to tell who will be the better team come playoff time. It will likely be close, if anything.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
We're clearly a better defensive team (at least right now). Clippers have already given up 120+ points several times.

Even when you're not at full strength, a team that the media said would be the grestest defensive team ever shouldn't give up that many points that often. Sounds like they still have some work to do creating a defensive culture.

Contrast that to how we've only given up 110+ points twice, and we haven't allowed anyone to reach 115 yet.

Our offense is also at least as strong as theirs. We've scored 120+ points in three of our last four games. With Kuzma back we should see our offensive numbers steadily go up over the next several weeks.

It's almost impossible to tell who will be the better team come playoff time. It will likely be close, if anything.

They just dropped 150 in a game. Just sayin
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
slavavov wrote:

And also just lost to a Pelicans team with almost all their starters missing *shrugs*
J
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
slavavov wrote:

And also just lost to a Pelicans team with almost all their starters missing *shrugs*

That was embarrassing.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject:

J wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
slavavov wrote:

That was embarrassing.

And hilarious
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

No praying required.

I don't need to be. The Spurs medical experts have already said what Kawhi has. The Spurs medical experts have called Kawhi's condition tendinopathy, and called it degenerative. Degenerative tendinopathy is with you ... FOREVER

He looks good whenever he play and Clips looks bad whenever he does not. The only thing about Spurs actions not correlating with whatever they think he has is why the heck they kept him for a whole season and did not trade him in heartbeat .

I agree with the other dude. Clips is looking for the big picture and they have another move and they are moving in silence. The Logo has better vision than any our FO combine .
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

No praying required.

He looks good whenever he play and Clips looks bad whenever he does not. The only thing about Spurs actions not correlating with whatever they think he has is why the heck they kept him for a whole season and did not trade him in heartbeat .

I agree with the other dude. Clips is looking for the big picture and they have another move and they are moving in silence. The Logo has better
vision than any our FO combine .

The Spurs wanted to keep him. Even with his condition. Kawhi likely didn't want his condition to get out because it decreases his value. If whatever he has is harmless why all the secrecy?

What the Spurs have called it is consistent with the treatment. A degenerative condition that won't ever repair and gets worse with more use. That's why he's still load managing years later, it's why he tried to lessen the load on his leg during the playoffs by overcompensating on his OTHER leg leading to tendonitis in his good leg.

Last edited by drae on Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

They were 0-3 without Kawhi and giving up 123 a game before blowing up Atlanta. The Clippers are sandbagging. While we are both have weaknesses, I believed they have better assets to cover their shortcomings than us. They have spare parts like Harkless that they can move plus they have the Logo on their side.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I agree with you guys about us being better than them.
Just pointing to the statement on our respective offenses
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
slavavov wrote:

They were 0-3 without Kawhi and giving up 123 a game before blowing up Atlanta. The Clippers are sandbagging. While we are both have weaknesses, I believed they have better assets to cover their shortcomings than us. They have spare parts like Harkless that they can move plus they have the Logo on their side.

There's no reason for the Clippers to sandbag. A worse record means a harder playoff run which hinders Kawhi whereas a better record leads to a better playoff run which allows Kawhi and easier time and puts less pressure on his leg.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

No praying required.

I agree with the other dude. Clips is looking for the big picture and they have another move and they are moving in silence. The Logo has better

The Spurs wanted to keep him. Even with his condition. Kawhi likely didn't want his condition to get out because it decreases his value. If whatever he has is harmless why all the secrecy?

What the Spurs have called it is consistent with the treatment. A degenerative condition that won't ever repair and gets worse with more use. That's why he's still load managing years later, it's why he tried to lessen the load on his leg during the playoffs by overcompensating on his OTHER leg leading to tendonitis in his good leg, it's consistent with the NBA's release during his rest as a patella tendon injury.

That’s an oxymoron statement. Spurs could have gotten better offers if they traded him in heartbeat and let the other team worry about degenarative condition The fact that they waited that long made Kawhi look like a primadonna and scared a lot of teams about his injury.

Last edited by CRoost on Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

PG and Kawhi haven't even played together yet. I like the Clippers potential more. We might have the higher floor, but that only means more in the regular season I think.

I still worry about how pedestrian AD looks without Lebron creating for him. We need someone better than Rondo to play with him when Lebron is off the floor.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

No praying required.

What the Spurs have called it is consistent with the treatment. A degenerative condition that won't ever repair and gets worse with more use. That's why he's still load managing years later, it's why he tried to lessen the load on his leg during the playoffs by overcompensating on his OTHER leg leading to tendonitis in his good leg, it's consistent with the NBA's release during his rest as a patella tendon injury.

That’s an oxymoron statement. Spurs could have gotten better offers if they traded him in heartbeat and let the other team worry about degenarative condition The fact that they waited that long made Kawhi look like a primadonna and scared a lot of teams about his injury.

It isn't an oxymoron statement.

They could have traded him, they didn't want to. But that's all beside the point, his condition has gone on for years so I don't see any reason to doubt the Spurs medical conclusion.

Kawhi is hobbled.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
slavavov wrote:

There's no reason for the Clippers to sandbag. A worse record means a harder playoff run which hinders Kawhi whereas a better record leads to a better playoff run which allows Kawhi and easier time and puts less pressure on his leg.

They are looking for the bigger picture . They are more concern on going through the playoff with better health. Getting a good seeding is important of course but it looks like they are just pacing themselves.

You’re too preoccupied about his leg. It’s like you unintentially catapult him to another level of greatness. Him leading the Raptors to title with one leg must be one of greatest feat in sports.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

No praying required.

They could have traded him, they didn't want to. But that's all beside the point, his condition has gone on for years so I don't see any reason to doubt the Spurs medical conclusion.

Kawhi is hobbled.

Using your logic, they think his leg is so bad yet they don’t want to trade him. That’s not aligning with my common sense.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
slavavov wrote:

They are looking for the bigger picture . They are more concern on going through the playoff with better health. Getting a good seeding is important of course but it looks like they are just pacing themselves.

You’re too preoccupied about his leg. It’s like you unintentially catapult him to another level of greatness. Him leading the Raptors to title with one leg must one of greatest feat in sports.

Not when KD and Klay went down and Boogie could barely jump. The Raptors, being a great squad even without Kawhi, can handle Curry and Draymond by themselves. Although Kawhi helped also, it's not like he carried them to victory. It was the series the Warriors lost.

Yes people are pre-occupied about his leg because his leg is quite important to his performances. And while going into the playoffs healthy is important, the longer the playoffs go on the worst Kawhi will get physically. Which is why they'd want to get a higher seeding if they can while resting Kawhi. There's no reason to deliberately lose games.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
drae wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

No praying required.

Kawhi is hobbled.

Using your logic, they think his leg is so bad yet they don’t want to trade him. That’s not aligning with my common sense.

He is still effective, it means he's in decline though. An early decline.

But in any case his treatment aligns perfectly with the Spurs medical conclusion and there hasn't been anything to suggest it wasn't correct.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 25 of 442
Jump to: