ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 445, 446, 447  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are playing a little possum on defense too. They will ramp it up going into the playoffs.

Clippers still win games without their full lineup and remain the biggest threat to the Lakers. Not Milwaukee, Denver, Utah or Philadelphia.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

That was a poor performance by the Clippers, especially defensively. This is not a championship team
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Clippers are playing a little possum on defense too. They will ramp it up going into the playoffs.

Clippers still win games without their full lineup and remain the biggest threat to the Lakers. Not Milwaukee, Denver, Utah or Philadelphia.

Not Milwaukee? The team that led the Clippers by almost 50?

Okay
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

I know you hate Kawhi and the clippers, but I’m telling you have them match up again (hopefully not) and the clippers will beat them.

Milwaukee is a regular season team. They are a one trick pony team that will get shutdown in a series against someone, don’t think they actually make it to the finals.

Last edited by LakerSD on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

I know you hate Kawhi and the clippers, but I’m telling you have them match up again (hopefully not) and the clippers will beat them.

Milwaukee is a regular season team.

The Clippers don't have Gasol to help stop Giannis. They don't stop Giannis in the paint while also stopping their perimeter shooters from having a field day.

Bucks sweep the Clippers if they meet.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Ingram with the bad Defense to seal it
Everyone knows Lou is going left

Seems to be a lot of players that keep playing that bad defense against Williams then. The man can flat out score. And has been doing it a while even though they all know he is going left.

Sometimes you just have to give a guy credit for making a play.

It would have been nice to see the Pels pull off an upset just to give the Lakers some room for error with a tough one against the Rockets.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

The Clippers don't have Gasol to help stop Giannis. They don't stop Giannis in the paint while also stopping their perimeter shooters from having a field day.

My friend, they pack the paint against the Lakers and look how AD and our inside game got neutralized.

They will expose the Bucks and beat Giannis like the raptors did. It wasn’t all Gasol.

But I don’t see Milwaukee making it out of the East anyway.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Imagine if Clippers had to play OKC in the 1st Rd. And even worse, imagine the Lakers have to play Pelicans. They getting Zion back and will probably make that 8th spot. Yikes, the pressure on the Lakers if that were to come true.

Nobody should be that terrified of a 19 year old with less than half a season of experience under his belt.

None of the contenders should be afraid. But I expect them to be tough team in a series just overmatched by Lakers or another first seed in the West.

Pels have a long way to go to earn that 8th spot. But adding Williamson will certainly be interesting. If he can bring the energy he had in preseason to that team they should make a run at the 8th seed. Favors being healthy has solidified the middle for them but Williamson will add a whole different level of energy and dynamic play. Ingram and Holiday are both clutch player this year.

If they figure it out this last half it will be fun to watch.

It would be a fun series, a good warmup. They'd win one game at most. Just the way it typically goes. I think the Spurs still end up getting the 8th seed with Memphis eventually cooling off.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

My friend, they pack the paint against the Lakers and look how AD and our inside game got neutralized.

They will expose the Bucks and beat Giannis like the raptors did. It wasn’t all Gasol.

It's a fearsome gameplan that worked so well against the Bucks last time they played. So well that Giannis only needed to play 26 minutes 0.0
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Ok we will see what happens.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

we have no right to crap on the clippers until we beat them at least once
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

Thank you for your philosophy.

I reject it utterly
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

You're kinda speaking hypothetically but they've played twice and it didn't go quite as you described.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

I think so too, especially since those (bleep) keep winning games without their full roster while we take deep breaths hoping our guys AD or Lebron are not out more than 1 or 2 games.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

You're kinda speaking hypothetically but they've played twice and it didn't go quite as you described.

The first match they were kinda playing with Clippers. Clip fans thought the Bucks were serious so were saying "wait till we get PG back! Then you'll see!"

PG comes back and Bucks went SMASH

We have a better chance cause we can just put AD on Giannis.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

Did they not neutralize Lebron and AD and the Lakers started clanking 3s?

The first game didn’t even feel close but that one is less significant because the teams aren’t what they were going to be.

tbh I’m tired of the Clippers argument. I just want a convincing win and until I see it, they remain the biggest threat.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
manlisten wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

The first match they were kinda playing with Clippers. Clip fans thought the Bucks were serious so were saying "wait till we get PG back! Then you'll see!"

I remember there was a playoff series last year..... and the Raptors accomplished the feat of beating MIL 4 games in a row...and I can't remember why...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:
manlisten wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

I remember there was a playoff series last year..... and the Raptors accomplished the feat of beating MIL 4 games in a row...and I can't remember why...

Because Toronto were a different beast after they traded for Gasol
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:
manlisten wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

right..the change in the series didn't happen once they put Kawhi on Giannis...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:
manlisten wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

Kawhi was the point of attack defender, Toronto walled off the paint, and Gasol cleaned up most times Giannis went by Kawhi.

If you believe the myth that Kawhi stopped Giannis then you didn't watch the series. It's really that simple
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:
manlisten wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Okay

Kawhi was the point of attack defender, Toronto walled off the paint, and Gasol cleaned up most times Giannis went by Kawhi.

If you believe the myth that Kawhi stopped Giannis then you didn't watch the series. It's really that simple

right...
I remember their 4 corner defense keeping Giannis out of the paint..spearheaded by a man's very claws
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

right...
I remember their 4 corner defense keeping Giannis out of the paint..spearheaded by a man's very claws

Then you remember wrong. Giannis goes around Kawhi very easily, what deters him are the 2 or 3 defenders behind him.

The media and those who didn't watch the series believe in a myth. People who watched the series know what happened was in fact very different:

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

right...

Then you remember wrong. Giannis goes around Kawhi very easily, what deters him are the 2 or 3 defenders behind him.

The media and those who didn't watch the series believe in a myth. People who watched the series know what happened was in fact very different:

"Kawhi did well to stay in front of Antetokounmpo most of the time" .. yea..
of course there's a big team defense factor in guarding Kawhi... but yea..Kawhi deserves a lot of credit
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

right...

"Kawhi did well to stay in front of Antetokounmpo most of the time" .. yea..
of course there's a big team defense factor in guarding Kawhi... but yea..Kawhi deserves a lot of credit

"But when Toronto couldn't set up the wall, Kawhi was actually in trouble".

Yep. Checkmate. Case closed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 136 of 447
Jump to: