ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 305, 306, 307 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
At the end of the day, they win their fair share of games without their stars. It made sense last season because they had the deeper roster. This season it doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to struggle as much they do without LBJ and AD.

The Clippers beat the Bucks without PG. I don’t think we will even make it competitive on Wednesday and that’s bad because the Clippers don’t have the depth roster advantage on the Lakers. No Ibaka and no Rondo either and they blew out the Bucks.

Teams don’t give the same fight vs other teams like they do vs the Lakers. The bucks mailed this game in after the first quarter. Just another game for them, definitely not going all out like they would versus us.

why is that? Did Cavs and ORL gave good fight against us?

Orlando gave your team, the Clippers, a good fight.

Oops
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Don't like that the Clips got their hands on Rondo.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

He'll definitely be a good lift for them. How effective remains to be seen. Rondo has been most successful when he has great players who are also vocal, i.e. KG in Boston, LeBron on the Lakers. That's how everyone falls in line. I don't know if Kawhi or PG can fill that role.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Keen to see how Cousins works out for them as well
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Is that a chess move? Mr west got pg out of no where. Now rondo. They filled almost all rhe holes in their roster from last year.
We built a statue for rob who created more holes than last year
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/slamonline/status/1377840797035323396?s=21

Kawhi looks pretty pissed here...
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

The Nuggets/Blazers are on three-game winning streaks. Down we go.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:09 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Paul George's toe is better but he says the bone edema in his foot flared up again and Clippers are figuring out if this could linger and has to be managed rest of the season. "There really is no pop on the right foot, because I can't really bend my toe."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31181181

Paul George missed a wide open transition layup vs Denver. He couldn't even get the ball over the rim. I wonder if it's going to linger into the playoffs. If PG can't have a big playoffs it will also be interesting to see what Kawhi does this summer. It seems like everyone expects him to re-sign. He may have to ask himself does he want to spend the rest of his prime wondering if Paul George can stay healthy? With no major trade assets going forward.

A duo with Luka could be scary, but Kawhi may just want to stay and play a home.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:59 am    Post subject:

More and more likely our first round opponent will be the Clips. Will be tough for them to catch up to Phoenix, much less Utah. I also don't see Lakers going below a 6th seed if Anthony is returning soon and with Andre only out a couple games.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
More and more likely our first round opponent will be the Clips. Will be tough for them to catch up to Phoenix, much less Utah. I also don't see Lakers going below a 6th seed if Anthony is returning soon and with Andre only out a couple games.

Where have you seen “ Davis is returning soon”? What is soon?

Lakers have 24 games left. Getting both Davis and James back on the floor and more importantly playing their MVP level best is critical. Then having no additional major injuries to any of the role players.

Way too early to start predicting playoff matchups. Lakers need to stay focused on each game and try to stop the multi game losing streaks until the team is whole again. Every win counts. Simply have to find a way to win some.

Going to be interesting to see how “soon” these guys are back at full strength. 5 games? 10 games? More?

Lakers are looking at having to fight out of a bad situation. Possibly losing enough ground where their “ playoffs” start with 10 games left in the season. Does that help them gain a competitive edge or simply wear themselves out for the long playoff grind is TBD.

Hell of a season so far!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

So PG is back to talking about his injuries after telling everyone he was going to bust asses this year
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Where have you seen “ Davis is returning soon”? What is soon?

Lakers have 24 games left. Getting both Davis and James back on the floor and more importantly playing their MVP level best is critical. Then having no additional major injuries to any of the role players.

Way too early to start predicting playoff matchups. Lakers need to stay focused on each game and try to stop the multi game losing streaks until the team is whole again. Every win counts. Simply have to find a way to win some.

Going to be interesting to see how “soon” these guys are back at full strength. 5 games? 10 games? More?

Lakers are looking at having to fight out of a bad situation. Possibly losing enough ground where their “ playoffs” start with 10 games left in the season. Does that help them gain a competitive edge or simply wear themselves out for the long playoff grind is TBD.

Hell of a season so far!

Definitely a bit early...it will be funny to see what happens with the playoff spot “maneuvering.” We will get a sense of who is trying to avoid the Lakers.

Looks like Utah is ok with just getting HCA throughout. Better not hear any complaints out of Utah if they draw the 8th seeded Lakers. You want respect?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

I'd almost rather have to end up in the play-in game so we can get the 7th team and play Phoenix in the first round. Phoenix seems like a pretender team and weaker than Utah, LAC, and Denver.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Yeah it stings seeing him in a Clippers jersey. Dude was so pivotal in the bubble.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Beat the Flips Get the #3 Spot!!!!
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

I really don't like the Clippers. Full stop!!!
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject:

Chick-N-Stew wrote:

I wonder if we've transitioned to the point where more Lakers fans have greater vitriol toward the Clips than Boston. Probably not yet; there's still a lot of seething against the green among the oldheads.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rajon Rondo should make his Clippers debut Sunday against Lakers, Ty Lue announces.

LGSRS! Paging TDRock...
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

poppies wrote:
Chick-N-Stew wrote:

I wonder if we've transitioned to the point where more Lakers fans have greater vitriol toward the Clips than Boston. Probably not yet; there's still a lot of seething against the green among the oldheads.

One derives from a 70 year span of interaction with such experience points as Auerbach turning off the locker-room AC when the Lakers were playing finals games in Boston during the Showtime era. The other is a recent flash-in-the-pan pretender with 0 championships compared to Boston (and LA's) 17.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
poppies wrote:
Chick-N-Stew wrote:

One derives from a 70 year span of interaction with such experience points as Auerbach turning off the locker-room AC when the Lakers were playing finals games in Boston during the Showtime era. The other is a recent flash-in-the-pan pretender with 0 championships compared to Boston (and LA's) 17.

Completely agree.

The Clippers still have 0 Western Conference Finals, they got a long ways to go before you can even mention them having 0 Championships. Let them at least play a single WCF game before that happens .

I will admit my dislike for them is at an alltime high and this season I will be getting more satisfaction from watching them get beat in the Playoffs then the Celtics but a lot of that is due to the Celtics not even being legit Contenders this season.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are a good team, but not good enough. It's been like that for years. Even if they get passed the Lakers, they will not make it passed Utah or Denver, and definitely not the Nets. The Lakers won it all last season. Unfortunately for Clipper fans, last season was the Clippers best and only chance at winning it all for the foreseeable future. The paring of Paula George and Kawhi L will not produce a Ring. And that will sting Clipper Nation to no end.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Rondo playing good 4th quarter minutes against Phoenix right now. He played good late game defense on Lillard earlier this week too. Don't like that the Clips got him. Still think we'll win the West.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Not taking too much out of this game. Suns had to expend a lot of energy last night.

Big picture though, I’m not happy they got Rondo. They basically let him get the payday and took advantage of bored regular season Rondo in Atlanta.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Rondo think it’s playoffs already?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 305, 306, 307 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 306 of 439
Jump to: