ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I don't subscribe to the Athletic so I don't have access to the article.

Quote:
The treatment the Clippers gave Kawhi Leonard and Paul George rubbed some teammates the wrong way:

Kawhi and PG-13 had power over the practice schedule.

Kawhi lived in San Diego, which often made him late.

Teammates believed they could choose when they played.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1334142779853852674

Some of (Kawhi and PG's) perks included:

• Leonard and George were the only players to have their own personal security guards and trainers.

• Leonard and George had power over the team’s practice and travel schedule, leading teammates to believe Leonard canceled multiple practices.

• Leonard was allowed to live in San Diego and commute from there, which often made him late for team flights.

• Leonard and George typically didn’t speak to the media until at least 45 minutes after games concluded, under the guise of postgame treatment or workouts. This usually resulted in their teammates speaking with the media first, and for longer, essentially becoming the public voices of the team.

• Teammates also believed that Leonard and George were able to pick and choose when they played. Not only did they sit out games entirely, but also at times they accepted or declined playing time in the moment.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:
The treatment the Clippers gave Kawhi Leonard and Paul George rubbed some teammates the wrong way:

• Leonard and George were the only players to have their own personal security guards and trainers.

• Leonard and George had power over the team’s practice and travel schedule, leading teammates to believe Leonard canceled multiple practices.

• Leonard was allowed to live in San Diego and commute from there, which often made him late for team flights.

• Leonard and George typically didn’t speak to the media until at least 45 minutes after games concluded, under the guise of postgame treatment or workouts. This usually resulted in their teammates speaking with the media first, and for longer, essentially becoming the public voices of the team.

• Teammates also believed that Leonard and George were able to pick and choose when they played. Not only did they sit out games entirely, but also at times they accepted or declined playing time in the moment.

We were lucky to not sign kawhi
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

I can see those becoming problems if the coach is telling the other 13 guys "team over me . . . except for those guys - in their case, it's them over team."
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

this is also a slap in the face for Doc Rivers. it made him look like a teacher's pet following orders from Ballmer and KL.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

Wonder who leaked this.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject:

Wouldn’t be a problem if it was just the two time NBA finals MVP champ doing it but when no ring-no MVP-no DPOY-no finals MVP also gets to do it then lay an egg in elimination game... coach got canned
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for posting the highlights of the article.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

whole lot of excuses
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

(bleep) the Clippers
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject:

I saw this on Twitter. Lol

Quote:
The Clippers get to be part of an opening night ring ceremony in Staples, just like they promised their fans.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

RestEasyBlackMamba wrote:
Wonder who leaked this.

JayMichael Green?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject:

Kawhi demanding a sign and trade to the Warriors and Paul George slinking off to the Knicks next summer is going to be sweet.

Clippers fans get to cheer on Andrew Wiggins while their draft picks go to OKC.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
this is also a slap in the face for Doc Rivers. it made him look like a teacher's pet following orders from Ballmer and KL.

Slap in the face? His rep should already be in tatters, with the most recent failure just icing (tremendously top quality icing) on the cake.

Looking forward to his next 3-1 loss in the playoffs to, say against the Wizards or Hawks.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Lmao. Really highlights how ironic all those billboards and ads Balmer put up last season.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Name me one other player other than Leonard who forced their way out of San Antonio? San Antonio, Popovich, and their owner were all thought to be a real classy organization until this guy started acting like these revelations reveal.

Last edited by LakerDYnasty72 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

We over Me

Snarl over style

Driven over Given

LOOOOOL
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

[quote="LastStand 2.0"]We over Me

Snarl over style

Driven over Given

LOOOOOL[/quote

King over Kawhi
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Clipper fans so butthurt about the negative press and blaming the leaks on Trez.

They're in for a rude surprise at just how much Trez gave them last season. The confused reactions will be hilarious
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Thanks for posting the highlights of the article.

No problem, 32!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
We over Me

Snarl over style

Driven over Given

LOOOOOL

King over Kawhi

PnG over PG

GOAT over sheep
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Kawaii I kind of understand having those privileges but PG? We dodge a bullet big time.

ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:
The Clippers get to be part of an opening night ring ceremony in Staples, just like they promised their fans.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Paul George is throwing Doc Rivers under the bus. Lol

Quote:
Paul George on his struggles in Doc Rivers' system:

"Doc was trying to play me as a Ray Allen or a JJ Redick, all pin-downs. I can do it, but that ain't my game. I need some flow, I need some mixes of some pick-and-roll, and post ups...That last season was hard."

@SHOsports https://t.co/ECcN1NaEvd

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Paul George is throwing Doc Rivers under the bus. Lol

Quote:
Paul George on his struggles in Doc Rivers' system:

"Doc was trying to play me as a Ray Allen or a JJ Redick, all pin-downs. I can do it, but that ain't my game. I need some flow, I need some mixes of some pick-and-roll, and post ups...That last season was hard."

@SHOsports https://t.co/ECcN1NaEvd

this dude is so delusional....he can stay far far away from the lakers
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

That has to irk KL & PG13. Highlights their poor career moves. Illustrates what could have been.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 259 of 439
Jump to: