ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Kawhi will demand a trade to Brooklyn once the Clippers drama starts up again.

The Clippers are getting rid of the drama divas.

Too bad LG refuses to.

RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

The gap between the Lakers and the Clips is getting wider and wider (like Romona's waistline). The Clippers really shouldn't even be in the conversation with the Lakers. We should instead focus on the Nugs, Blazers, and Mavs.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

Clippers still an excellent team to be taken seriously. Having said that, I count on the fact that some unlucky sh*t ALWAYS happens to them.

For the 20 plus years that I am aware of their LA "stepchild" existence, back from Danny Manning's ACL injury after 20 some games in his rookie year, to blowing 3-1 lead this year, it's weird how something always happens to them.

Fans keep following this hapless franchise then keep wondering why some **** always happens. I feel sorry for them sometimes (not really).
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
Clippers still an excellent team to be taken seriously. Having said that, I count on the fact that some unlucky sh*t ALWAYS happens to them.

For the 20 plus years that I am aware of their LA "stepchild" existence, back from Danny Manning's ACL injury after 20 some games in his rookie year, to blowing 3-1 lead this year, it's weird how something always happens to them.

Fans keep following this hapless franchise then keep wondering why some **** always happens. I feel sorry for them sometimes (not really).

The strange thing is I had no issue with the clippers until last year. There were just another nba team. Then they did all those stupid ads. Why did they feel they needed to do that? All they needed to do was just win and they would get respect.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject:

some analysts are saying the Clippers are the second best team of the league.

I can't rule that out..but I have to say I wait to see how Ibaka fits in.

In theory, he should be a good fit..the issue I see is Ibaka was awesome in transition..if I remember he was above the 90th percentile...but without a point guard, the Clippers may not be able to utilize that part of his game.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject:

The Clips are not even the 2nd best team in the West, never mind the league.
Folks need to stop watching BSPN. I think on paper (which means nothing) the Blazers and Mavs both took steps forward this off season and have now passed the Clips (who I believe took a step backwards). I think the Nugs (either though they did not have a good offseason) are right there with the Clips.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

In theory, he should be a good fit..the issue I see is Ibaka was awesome in transition..if I remember he was above the 90th percentile...but without a point guard, the Clippers may not be able to utilize that part of his game.

They are not the 2nd best team. They just lost their 2nd best player for nothing.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

They are not the 2nd best team. They just lost their 2nd best player for nothing.

Ouch for Paul George.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

The Clippers have talent - it will be interesting to see how they fill out their roster. The Clipper under the most pressure, IMO, is Ty Lue. We will find out how good a coach he really is, with a revamped roster and a questionable locker room.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
They were smart to get rid of Doc...I will miss his playoff performances.

However, the Lakers did a good job blindsiding them with the Harrell move.

I think they learned a bit of a lesson last season. Definitely not talking as much (bleep) this offseason.

Beverly didn't see it coming based on his reaction on social media.

they didn't want Trezz. Beverly was shocked that he went to Lakers. They wanted Ibaka and got him. he is an upgrade compared to Trezz.

LG is hyping Trezz way too much. He will be useless when LBJ and AD are playing. he has no 3 point shot. If we hired him just to be on bench, mehhhh

The Clippers are about to find out 2 things about Ibaka.

The first thing they'll find out is that unlike Trez who creates his own buckets, Ibaka really benefitted from having a point guard like Lowry. Clippers have no point guard and therefore the Clippers don't hold the secret to unlocking Ibaka.

The second thing they'll find out is that he plays really old. There's a conspiracy theory about his age for a reason, his blocks have fallen off a cliff, he doesn't get lift. The Ibaka they got plays like someone in his mid 30s.

Give me Trez any day of the week. Trez is the most explosive player in the NBA, Ibaka is old.

And that's the third thing the Clippers will find out. From his ripping apart of the team for Paul George, to his alienation of 6th man of the year in favor of an old Ibaka, Kawhi doesn't know how to build a team around him unlike Lebron.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I think they learned a bit of a lesson last season. Definitely not talking as much (bleep) this offseason.

they didn't want Trezz. Beverly was shocked that he went to Lakers. They wanted Ibaka and got him. he is an upgrade compared to Trezz.

LG is hyping Trezz way too much. He will be useless when LBJ and AD are playing. he has no 3 point shot. If we hired him just to be on bench, mehhhh

The first thing they'll find out is that unlike Trez who creates his own buckets, Ibaka really benefitted from having a point guard like Lowry. Clippers have no point guard and therefore the Clippers don't hold the secret to unlocking Ibaka.

The second thing they'll find out is that he plays really old. There's a conspiracy theory about his age for a reason, his blocks have fallen off a cliff, he doesn't get lift. The Ibaka they got plays like someone in his mid 30s.

Give me Trez any day of the week. Trez is the most explosive player in the NBA, Ibaka is old.

And that's the third thing the Clippers will find out. From his ripping apart of the team for Paul George, to his alienation of 6th man of the year in favor of an old Ibaka, Kawhi doesn't know how to build a team around him unlike Lebron.

Good points. There is no question I was very very "leery" of Trez when he was with the Clippers. I often thought to myself HTF did they luck out with this guy at 2 mills.

Not only his explosiveness and energy, but the pick and roll duo of LEMON PEPPER Lou and Trez was nothing but trouble! Guess what Clippers fans, your second team's strength is all but gone.

Ibaka always has a deliberate slowness about his offensive game to my eyes - never remotely excited about the prospect of him coming here. No where near as formidable an opponent as Trez.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Lots of good vs battles between the two LA teams -

Vogel v Lue - The guy who could have been and the guy who won the ring.
LeBron v Kawhi - The guy trying to take the crown.
Kieff v Marcus - They share a bank account
Montrezl v Ibaka - So you think he’s better than me?
Schroeder v Lou - Battle of the sixth men guards.
Marc v Zubac - Zu’s hero.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
drae wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Good points. There is no question I was very very "leery" of Trez when he was with the Clippers. I often thought to myself HTF did they luck out with this guy at 2 mills.

Not only his explosiveness and energy, but the pick and roll duo of LEMON PEPPER Lou and Trez was nothing but trouble! Guess what Clippers fans, your second team's strength is all but gone.

Ibaka always has a deliberate slowness about his offensive game to my eyes - never remotely excited about the prospect of him coming here. No where near as formidable an opponent as Trez.

On the bright side for the Clippers if they really get Denged by Ibaka it's only for 2 years.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Marcus might be a tad better than Kieff but I have the Lakers in every other one of those matchups.

"2nd banana" - AD >>>>>>>>>>>>> PG
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Marcus might be a tad better than Kieff but I have the Lakers in every other one of those matchups.

"2nd banana" - AD >>>>>>>>>>>>> PG

Please, let’s stop with the Lakers/ Clippers BS. Not this year. The clippers have lost all rights to be compared to us. They are just another team. Let’s stop making them famous.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

be fair.
compare their starters to our 2nd team
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Have we reduced the gap yet?
Hate being the underdogs in our city.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

No. We have to work harder to earn what the grinding clips have built in LA. Only hard work pays off.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:

No. We have to work harder to earn what the grinding clips have built in LA. Only hard work pays off.

maybe after our 18th chip, we'll inch closer
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

The Clippers should seriously consider hanving their name changed and moving to a new city or country. They are a cursed franchise. And will always be the fredo to the successful older brother. Maybe China has a nice spot for them to move to.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
The Clippers should seriously consider hanving their name changed and moving to a new city or country. They are a cursed franchise. And will always be the fredo to the successful older brother. Maybe China has a nice spot for them to move to.

They are moving to a new city (Inglewood) Those of us in LA wish they would take it as far as another country too. They've always been, and always will be, our annoying little wanna beeeeeeesss
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

The Clippers have talent - it will be interesting to see how they fill out their roster. The Clipper under the most pressure, IMO, is Ty Lue. We will find out how good a coach he really is, with a revamped roster and a questionable locker room.

That's ridiculous.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Apparently, Ballmer was already livid after the 3-1 meltdown.

Imagine if they go out sad again AND the Lakers successfully defend the title, dude is gonna lose it
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:

maybe after our 18th chip, we'll inch closer

Believe!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
Apparently, Ballmer was already livid after the 3-1 meltdown.

Imagine if they go out sad again AND the Lakers successfully defend the title, dude is gonna lose it

Who cares, we going to win anyways
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 257 of 442
Jump to: