Your preferred "point guard" rotation next year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your preferred PG rotation next year?
1) Caruso, 2) Bradley
23%
 23%  [ 12 ]
1) Caruso, 2) Rondo
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
1) Bradley, 2) Caruso
51%
 51%  [ 27 ]
1) Bradley, 2) Rondo,
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
1) Rondo, 2) Caruso
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1) Rondo, 2) Bradley
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 52

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think we have defensive talent.

Dwight
AD
Lebron
Green
Bradley
Dudley
McGee
KCP

All can defend either well, or above average if they are engaged and healthy. I do not think we are some weak defensive team, but if we do not value it, if we allow players to focus on O and not D, then it could get ugly.

McGee brings rim protection and boards.
AD can man D plus what McGee does.
Lebron can coast, but he has defensive ability.
Green is a solid man D guy.
Bradley has defensive talent. Needs to be in shape.
Dwight is a good man D guy, but also can help with boards-rim protection.
Dudley solid man D.
KCP solid man D at 2.

There are obviously match ups where a player can get exposed. However with the twin towers, we have some elite size in the paint and can contest layups like no other team in the league. Our perimeter defenders can play a lot closer to their man, and be a lot more aggressive on the ball - playing for the jumpshot.

Caruso is good on defense. Arguably better than KCP and Bradley last season.

I agree, but why I do not put Caruso in many lists is he has to first prove it in a situation where there are meaningful minutes. The above mentioned players have battled elite talent in meaningful games. I do think Caruso has a real shot at becoming our starter, if he can D up and also shoot the 3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

For both the 1 and 5, it will come down to camp play and preseason play. I would wait to see. Obviously not privy to what the coaches would see in camp. However I would try Bradley-Cook-Caruso all as a starting 1 in a lineup with Davis-James-Green. I would also sub in Howard for McGee at starting 5. See how that worked. I would also look at the second unit as a whole and see which 1 and 5 best fits there.

It is hard to say right now. The only certain starters right now are Davis and James.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

^iirc the Lakers opponents to close last season weren't coasting, they were battling for playoff position. Even if the games were meaningless for the Lakers, I don't think the Clippers, OKC, Houston, or Jazz were giving Caruso a free pass.

I agree that Caruso needs to show he can replicate last season's offensive results consistently, but on the defensive end he's always scrapped hard out there, not just late season.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
^iirc the Lakers opponents to close last season weren't coasting, they were battling for playoff position. Even if the games were meaningless for the Lakers, I don't think the Clippers, OKC, Houston, or Jazz were giving Caruso a free pass.

I agree that Caruso needs to show he can replicate last season's offensive results consistently, but on the defensive end he's always scrapped hard out there, not just late season.

If so, he has a great chance at being the starter. He has a better point guard game than Cook. He is a better shooter than Rondo. He is younger than Bradley, and more of a natural point. So lets see. If plays well, I would definitely start him. I would definitely give a number of the guards a chance with the starters in camp and preseason to see how they play.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

If so, he has a great chance at being the starter. He has a better point guard game than Cook. He is a better shooter than Rondo. He is younger than Bradley, and more of a natural point. So lets see. If plays well, I would definitely start him. I would definitely give a number of the guards a chance with the starters in camp and preseason to see how they play.

Yes - I am looking forward to this! 1 and 5 spots as you said. 2 more weeks...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Cook a PG? And isn't Bradley a SG?

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Cook is a SG, at least with GS.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm more of a Bradley/Caruso guy but damn the disrespect to Cook, he ain't even get an option lmao
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

whats funny about this is that when lebron was playing, he was the point guard. i dont know what else to call it. he brings the ball up, and he makes the first and main decision of the play. thats the point guard.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, a rotation of Cook/Caruso is growing on me. With the front court being kind of congested with the two bigs and Lebron being more of a creator than a shooter, I think it is emperative that we have the best 3 point shooters possible in there with those guys. Though Bradley is a good defender, I just feel more confident in Cook's shooting over Bradley. Also, AD/Dwight will help hide Cook's defensive deficiencies.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
whats funny about this is that when lebron was playing, he was the point guard. i dont know what else to call it. he brings the ball up, and he makes the first and main decision of the play. thats the point guard.

Exactly why I voted for Bradley/Caruso.
It's more about defense than offense.

LBJ is the point forward/main facilitator - but he won't be guarding the opposing point guards. He'll spend most of his time defending 3's and 4's (and sometimes 5's).

All the two guards need to do is D-up the opposing guards (and be switch-able, when needed), hit 3's and play-make when needed. He won't be the PG offensively, but if Bradley can D-up opposing PGs, he's exactly what we need as our "starting point guard."

Caruso backing him up just brings more of the same. Caruso and AB could even play together, in some lineups.

Rondo should be transferring to an assistant coach role... but, sadly, I have a feeling he'll ultimately end up as the starter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: