🏈OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
That was my thought when I posted did he do a Kwahi Leonard. I had a sneaky feeling he was trying to get to the Patriots all along.

That’s possible, and perhaps even likely. However, we are still looking at a guy with a pattern of irrational, self-destructive behavior. The Patriots may have been his goal, but it does not follow that it was a wise goal.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

FWIW from Brown's agent (link):

Quote:
“Tthe Patriots are obviously a very solid, strong organization,” Rosenhaus said. “They do things the Patriots Way. They expect everyone to be accountable. They don’t make any exceptions. I’ve discussed this with Antonio. And he wants to be a Patriot. He’s prepared to go there, fit in, work hard, be like every other player on the team, do what’s asked of him, do his job and make it work. He’s honored with the opportunity and he’s looking forward to taking advantage of it.”

---

“He wants to win a Super Bowl,” Rosenhaus said. “It’s a great opportunity for him to sign with a team that has dominated the football league for the past decade. It’s a dynasty. The future is now for Antonio. This is an opportunity for him to do something that he hasn’t been able to do in his illustrious career, which is win a championship. That’s what he’s looking forward to. That’s immediately the goal. That’s all he’s thinking about right now.”
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

AB not being eligible to play against the Steelers Sunday may be a blessing in disguise for him. If they sent him across the middle it may have been a career ending play. He would definitely have a bulls eye on his back, front and both sides.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

They haven't scored but Kam is picking the Rams defense apart. If not for a fumble they may have scored on their 1st possession.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

New season, same old worthless Cam Newton.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

Gurley looks done
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

Greg Zuerlein has a monster leg. 56 yard fg.

Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

Can't believe Lamar Jackson. If this passing game is legit, Ravens going to be dangerous.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

did they ever say what was causing Eric Weddle's head to be gushing blood earlier in the game? Did he have stitches come loose or something?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
did they ever say what was causing Eric Weddle's head to be gushing blood earlier in the game? Did he have stitches come loose or something?

It was from a McCaffrey knee
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It was from a McCaffrey knee

I know he caught a knee, but that is not going to split his head open on the top.....only thing I can think of is if he had stitches that were ripped open by the hit.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

about that Browns hype.....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Saquon in mid season form...1 carry for 59 yards
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Barkley a spinning top

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Gallup is saving Zac. He's been throwing behind him all game.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I wouldn't bet the condo Brown will work out in New England.

I'm not sure he'll finish the season in New England.

It’s certainly possible.

But it’s being reported NE had already tried trading with Oakland for AB earlier during the offseason but OAK wasnt willing.

So theres apparently been mutual interest for some time.

Raider fans must feel like deja vu getting screwed over by the Patriots once again. They lost those picks for nothing.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/suspicions-grow-antonio-brown-patriots-144531799.html
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
Can't believe Lamar Jackson. If this passing game is legit, Ravens going to be dangerous.

Definitely AFC offensive player of the week but I need to see him to this against a team that isn't the Dolphins.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I think Adam should've retired with Andrew....
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Saquon in mid season form...1 carry for 59 yards

Giant play calling in midseason form, Barkley with 7 carries going into the 4th. I guess that Eli is the future of the team.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Pats rolling. If AB comes to play they're gonna be real hard to beat.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Pats rolling. If AB comes to play they're gonna be real hard to beat.

With AB they are heavy favorites to repeat.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Most impressive thing I saw today was Kyler Murray's ability to put his team on his back and bring them back late in the game.....even more impressive that he was having a very poor game up until that point. Not sure what he becomes, but I know he is different than anything we have seen before.

-- a close 2nd was probably Larry Fitzgerald's ability at 36 years old to still be a big time playmaker when needed.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Dolphins players reportedly trying to get out of Miami following Week 1 blowout loss

Quote:
Following the Dolphins' 59-10 blowout loss to the Baltimore Ravens, a league source with knowledge of the situation revealed to Pro Football Talk that multiple Dolphins players had contacted their agents and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere. The players believe that the coaching staff is not serious about competing in 2019, and they want to take their lumps now in hopes of establishing a foundation for the future by acquiring high draft picks.

LINK
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Football is back in earnest! This means spending Sundays at the sports bar, one of my true happy places during the year. Some observations from the Sunday slate...

For me, the most impressive win in the AFC belonged to New England. With all due respect to Baltimore, the Patriots played an actual NFL team tonight, a legit one, and just destroyed them. And in the NFC, I have to go with Dallas. The pass offense had a crispness that you simply didn't see last year, and they were a final 8 team last season in the playoffs. They got Frederick back on the O-line, Gallup looks like a star-in-the-making, Cobb is a better player than Cole Beasley in the slot, and, oh by the way, they still have Cooper. I realize that they were playing the Giants, but I think Kellen Moore is going to be a nice upgrade over Scott Linehan as the play-caller. It should be a great battle in the NFC East this year between the Eagles and the Cowboys.

Jameis Winston was god-awful. Jimmy G was pretty bad, and then Winston said "hold my beer."

Larry Fitzgerald is ageless. When he went for that diving catch deep down the left sideline in OT, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he was catching that. Dude catches everything. If he doesn't get into Canton on the first try, it's a joke.

I think the Colts will be in play in the AFC South all year. Brissett moved them OK against a legit defense, and they would have won the game if Vinatieri hadn't spit the bit. Of course, if Vinatieri has finally succumbed to Father Time, maybe he will cost them a win or two and that could be the difference between winning the division and missing the playoffs.

Jets gonna Jet. What a horrific loss.

Baker Mayfield was completely out of sync with his receivers all day long. It was ugly. Their LT, Greg Robinson, got kicked out of the game, and their backup LT was injured. Perhaps that had something to do with the struggles, but it wasn't a pretty thing to witness. Maybe many of us (and I include myself) were overhyping them. They get a Week 2 MNF date at the Jets, and then they play the Rams and Ravens after that. If they don't get it in gear, they could find themselves 1-3 or even 0-4.

Signs of life from John Ross! Seattle barely won and, I'm sure, almost ruined half of the survivor entries in America lol.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Jameis Winston was god-awful. Jimmy G was pretty bad, and then Winston said "hold my beer."

I think that large group of Buc's fans that have supported Winston (which includes myself) finally had enough yesterday. All offseason he had to change one thing....stop with the turnovers! That is it.....he did not have to have 300 yards passing or 4 TD's.....just had to stop giving the ball away. I have no other choice but to believe he simply is unable to eliminate the turnovers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 4 of 76
Jump to: