šŸˆOFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV THREADšŸˆ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Myles Garrett's season should be over.....and if I am the Steelers, I would seek to end his career the next time they share the field.

That was unbelievable, Garrett lost his mind.

He is looking at probably four games off is my guess.

And yes, next time he takes the field vs. the Steelers, he better have his head on a swivel.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Myles Garrett's season should be over.....and if I am the Steelers, I would seek to end his career the next time they share the field.

And yes, next time he takes the field vs. the Steelers, he better have his head on a swivel.

Garrett is getting more than four games.

This is the NFL's chance to prove how serious they are about head injuries.

People don't realize how heavy a football helmet is, they can do a lot of damage and don't forget the nasty hit Mason took against Baltimore this year when he was knocked out
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
adkindo wrote:

People don't realize how heavy a football helmet is, they can do a lot of damage and don't forget the nasty hit Mason took against Baltimore this year when he was knocked out

Yep. Overshadowed by the horrible action by Garrett is the fact that due to a direct helmet to helmet that lead to an ejection and a Steeler player leaving the game literally bleeding out of his ear . . .

Garrett is looking a very lengthy suspension that will not see him on the field again this season, and likely a lot more. And that's the way it should be.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yep. Overshadowed by the horrible action by Garrett is the fact that due to a direct helmet to helmet that lead to an ejection and a Steeler player leaving the game literally bleeding out of his ear . . .

Garrett is looking a very lengthy suspension that will not see him on the field again this season, and likely a lot more. And that's the way it should be.

How much does Pouncey get for kicking at Garrett's head? I think he's out for the year as well.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

Garrett suspended w/o pay indefinitely, at a minimum, for the remainder of the season and post-season plus additional fines.

Pouncey suspended w/o pay three games plus additional fines.

Ogunjobi suspended w/o pay one game plus additional fines.

Browns/Steelers each fined $250,000

LINK

Last edited by numero-ocho on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Garrett suspended w/o pay indefinitely, at a minimum, for the remainder of the season and post-season plus additional fines.

Ogunjobi suspended w/o pay one game.

LINK

That was fast and swift.

Wonder how many games Garrett ends up serving.

Pouncey deserved more than 3 games for kicking in the head.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Ogunjobi suspended w/o pay one game plus additional fines.

LINK

Very reasonable.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

It was a bad night for the NFL, they sell the game as controlled aggression. What we saw last night was uncontrolled aggression and I wouldn't be surprised if Garrett's suspension lasts until parts of next season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
It was a bad night for the NFL, they sell the game as controlled aggression. What we saw last night was uncontrolled aggression and I wouldn't be surprised if Garrett's suspension lasts until parts of next season.

it will be up to him in my opinion. If he says and does all the right things between now and next year, I think he will likely get reinstated for the beginning or next season. He will need to show public and private contrition (reach out to Rudolph). I do not think he has a history of similar actions, and I thought he came into the league with a pretty clean resume....that will matter. That said, he will be a marked man for a while and any screw ups going forward or any type of dirty play will be an issue.

I personally thought the suspension of Pouncey for three games was excessive, but I was thinking 2 so not a big deviation. It is just different when you are acting on a player that is wearing a helmet
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

it will be up to him in my opinion. If he says and does all the right things between now and next year, I think he will likely get reinstated for the beginning or next season. He will need to show public and private contrition (reach out to Rudolph). I do not think he has a history of similar actions, and I thought he came into the league with a pretty clean resume....that will matter. That said, he will be a marked man for a while and any screw ups going forward or any type of dirty play will be an issue.

I personally thought the suspension of Pouncey for three games was excessive, but I was thinking 2 so not a big deviation. It is just different when you are acting on a player that is wearing a helmet

Also, he was reacting to a visceral event like seeing an extremely violent act carried out against a teammate. I'm not condoning it, just pointing out that it is very different than Garrett's action.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
It is just different when you are acting on a player that is wearing a helmet

If you watch the replay again, he's lucky that there was another player in the way. He kicked the head with full force but he struck another player's leg.

He could have done real damage even with Garrett's helmet on. Garrett could have sustained serious neck injuries, even paralysis.

There was alot of intent to do major damage with that kick.

Pouncey had as much intent to hurt Garrett as Garrett had to hurt Rudolph.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

looks like Rudolph has a fine coming also...

Quote:
Jason La Canfora
@JasonLaCanfora

A fine will be coming to Mason Rudolph for his actions last night.

1:43 PM Ā· Nov 15, 2019
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

I would reduce Pouncey's suspension, personally.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
Jason La Canfora
@JasonLaCanfora

I was surprised he didn't get anything initially....even though he had a role in the incident. Guess the NFL is doing their due diligence and penalizing all involved.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:
Jason La Canfora
@JasonLaCanfora

I was surprised he didn't get anything initially....even though he had a role in the incident. Guess the NFL is doing their due diligence and penalizing all involved.

maybe the NFL has seen him running for his life in recent weeks and are trying to decide if it would actually be a punishment to suspend him
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I am seeing that the Garrett action has actually brought up and being compared to pitchers throwing at batters on Twitter and other places. I find the correlation interesting as I still struggle to understand how so many people are ok with this practice in baseball. As I pointed out earlier, it is a hard and fast rule in football that if a player is wearing a helmet, he should never swing on a player without a helmet. It is just seen as cowardly because it is seen as taking action against someone knowing there is little physical consequence to oneself....and that is exactly how I see pitchers throwing at batters.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Rudolph is an unlikable turd with a punchable face but I donā€™t think he deserved suspension. Unfortunately him being on the field hurts the Steelers more then if he were punished.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Rudolph is an unlikable turd with a punchable face but I donā€™t think he deserved suspension. Unfortunately him being on the field hurts the Steelers more then if he were punished.

that is how I view every player that puts on a Steelers uniform....but that is subjective
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I am seeing that the Garrett action has actually brought up and being compared to pitchers throwing at batters on Twitter and other places. I find the correlation interesting as I still struggle to understand how so many people are ok with this practice in baseball. As I pointed out earlier, it is a hard and fast rule in football that if a player is wearing a helmet, he should never swing on a player without a helmet. It is just seen as cowardly because it is seen as taking action against someone knowing there is little physical consequence to oneself....and that is exactly how I see pitchers throwing at batters.

Eh, it's different in baseball because pitcher's aren't throwing at guy's heads. Sure it hurts but it's typically something that just gets walked off. Sure there are rare cases like Joe Kelly hitting Hanley Ramirez in the ribs and ending his season but in most cases there's nothing malicious about it, it's more seen as a hard foul to make a statement. Swinging a helmet at someone's unprotected head is something else entirely, IMO.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

that is how I view every player that puts on a Steelers uniform....but that is subjective

Iā€™m a Steelers fan and a Lakers fan. Iā€™m used to this.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Eh, it's different in baseball because pitcher's aren't throwing at guy's heads. Sure it hurts but it's typically something that just gets walked off. Sure there are rare cases like Joe Kelly hitting Hanley Ramirez in the ribs and ending his season but in most cases there's nothing malicious about it, it's more seen as a hard foul to make a statement. Swinging a helmet at someone's unprotected head is something else entirely, IMO.

I do not think it is that rare....for my team (the Reds), Votto and Suarez missed significant time two seasons ago from getting hit by pitches.....this year Derek Dietrich's season was ended after getting hit multiple times (more than a handful were likely with purpose). I am not saying it is the same thing from all angles, but I see both as cowardly acts. My guess is if the pitcher had to square off for 3 minutes 1 on 1 with the guy they throw at.....there would be about an 80%+ decrease in the act.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Rudolph is an unlikable turd with a punchable face but I donā€™t think he deserved suspension.
If not for Garrett's actions, Rudolph's penalty would have been a 15 yard unsportsmanlike call.
At most.

Last edited by JerryMagicKobe on Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

I see your point. I guess the biggest factor is it's not always easy to prove intent. Typically in the cases that it's deemed intentional the pitcher gets thrown out. But I agree that perhaps that isn't always a harsh enough punishment.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Rudolph is an unlikable turd with a punchable face but I donā€™t think he deserved suspension.
If not for Garrett's actions, Rudolph's penalty would have been a 15 yard unsportsmanlike call.
At most.

I think it would been offsetting unsportsmanlikes.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:

It's pretty interesting that some football analyst and former players think that Rudolp deserves some blame for starting it all. I can see the NFL suspend him now due to the pressure from the media.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 30 of 76
Jump to: