🏈OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 136818
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

The irony is that back in the Al Davis days, they would have been the team to gamble on a head case like Brown.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51359
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CTE? A definitive diagnosis can only be made through an autopsy after death. Scientists are working to further understand CTE and to identify ways to diagnose CTE during life. I hope a procedure is found.


not really sure what kind of procedure could be done.....my understanding is that they can see potential in MRI's, but they literally need to slice and examine the brain to diagnose.

But, I do not see CTE being an issue for AB at his age. This is diva WR stuff....we have seen similar stuff before. Recall the crazy stuff Terell Owens use to do?


They have been trying to see if certain proteins or enzymes in the blood can be an indicator. They have found a compound in the former players that they have examined but haven’t had success with live players.


That's my position. They're looking for procedures. There've been illnesses in the past that were fatal. Science put the pedal to the medal and found cures. Right now there's no cure for Alzheimer but doctors and scientists are looking for cures. I hope one day early detection of CTE will be discovered.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 8012
Location: London

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Another troubled star receiver goes from Oakland to New England. Will AB succeed like Moss, or fall flat on his face? That is the question...
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers, Tide

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 19954

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Another troubled star receiver goes from Oakland to New England. Will AB succeed like Moss, or fall flat on his face? That is the question...


Doesn't seem like much of a question. He's still AB...
_________________
A banana is killed every time a terrible thread or post is made. Save the bananas. Stop creating terrible posts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
panamaniac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 9464
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Another troubled star receiver goes from Oakland to New England. Will AB succeed like Moss, or fall flat on his face? That is the question...


Typical. They always end up in New England. NFL is kind of a joke these days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51359
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

I wonder. Did AB do a Kawhi? Was it his plan to play in New England all along?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 650

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

So the Raiders lose those picks sent to Pittsburgh without any compensation?

Talk about being royally (bleep) by this guy, what a (bleep) the Raiders have been for the majority of the past 16 years but soon will be Vegas' problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51359
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Will the real Bill Belichick please stand up!!!
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 5989

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Had Al Davis still alive I’d bet my life saving he would’ve given AB the Marcus Allen treatment and would never released him. Who’s genius idea was that to release him? At least trade him for some picks or just sit his ass the while season, his guaranteed money is gone so what’s there to lose holding onto him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 29418

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

AB posted a video of the moment he found out he was released.

What a baby.

https://youtu.be/o-gwWVYmW7Y
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38604
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

It is what it is, but it just feels all kinds of wrong. I kind of hope it blows up in the Patriots face. A passing game built around Gordon and Brown....what could go wrong....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 20560
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
It is what it is, but it just feels all kinds of wrong. I kind of hope it blows up in the Patriots face. A passing game built around Gordon and Brown....what could go wrong....


I still think Edelman gets the most targets per game. I could be wrong but maybe the biggest loser in this is James White. They kind of needed him to have a big passing-game role last year. Perhaps now that will change. In any case, I feel like Edelman is Brady's security blanket.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51359
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
It is what it is, but it just feels all kinds of wrong. I kind of hope it blows up in the Patriots face. A passing game built around Gordon and Brown....what could go wrong....


I still think Edelman gets the most targets per game. I could be wrong but maybe the biggest loser in this is James White. They kind of needed him to have a big passing-game role last year. Perhaps now that will change. In any case, I feel like Edelman is Brady's security blanket.


If that turns out to be true I think it will blow up in the Patriots face. If AB isn't number 1 he will be disgruntled and we know what that means.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Nov 2017
Posts: 287

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
It is what it is, but it just feels all kinds of wrong. I kind of hope it blows up in the Patriots face. A passing game built around Gordon and Brown....what could go wrong....


I still think Edelman gets the most targets per game. I could be wrong but maybe the biggest loser in this is James White. They kind of needed him to have a big passing-game role last year. Perhaps now that will change. In any case, I feel like Edelman is Brady's security blanket.


If that turns out to be true I think it will blow up in the Patriots face. If AB isn't number 1 he will be disgruntled and we know what that means.


Weren't they saying about Randy Moss?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51359
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
It is what it is, but it just feels all kinds of wrong. I kind of hope it blows up in the Patriots face. A passing game built around Gordon and Brown....what could go wrong....


I still think Edelman gets the most targets per game. I could be wrong but maybe the biggest loser in this is James White. They kind of needed him to have a big passing-game role last year. Perhaps now that will change. In any case, I feel like Edelman is Brady's security blanket.


If that turns out to be true I think it will blow up in the Patriots face. If AB isn't number 1 he will be disgruntled and we know what that means.


Weren't they saying about Randy Moss?


Yeah. If AB follows Randy's path there are going to be a whole lot of disappointed Patriot haters. IIRC Moss was the #1 receiver when he played with NE.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 11294

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Another troubled star receiver goes from Oakland to New England. Will AB succeed like Moss, or fall flat on his face? That is the question...


"I'm ready." - Eli Manning
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 8012
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Moses wrote:
Another troubled star receiver goes from Oakland to New England. Will AB succeed like Moss, or fall flat on his face? That is the question...


Doesn't seem like much of a question. He's still AB...


Of course he still has the talent, but I don't think for one second that the Patriots would suffer any of his foolishness. If this is to work it's gonna require him to be on his best behavior and for him to get out of his own way in that regard.
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers, Tide

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 11093

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AB posted a video of the moment he found out he was released.

What a baby.

https://youtu.be/o-gwWVYmW7Y


I wish I had it that good. Must be nice to complain about working at a job that could pay over $50 million for the next 3 years. And then complain that they don’t want you. They must really hate all the Raider players that will be making a lot less than $50 million.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6494

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
It is what it is, but it just feels all kinds of wrong. I kind of hope it blows up in the Patriots face. A passing game built around Gordon and Brown....what could go wrong....


I still think Edelman gets the most targets per game. I could be wrong but maybe the biggest loser in this is James White. They kind of needed him to have a big passing-game role last year. Perhaps now that will change. In any case, I feel like Edelman is Brady's security blanket.


If that turns out to be true I think it will blow up in the Patriots face. If AB isn't number 1 he will be disgruntled and we know what that means.


Weren't they saying about Randy Moss?


Yeah. If AB follows Randy's path there are going to be a whole lot of disappointed Patriot haters. IIRC Moss was the #1 receiver when he played with NE.


AB's not going to put up the same kind of numbers he put up in Pittsburgh.

1) Brady can't throw deep well

2) NE's system is geared towards the quick short passes. I don't know if that's AB's game. It's more Edelman's game.

3) NE's system seems complicated to pick up. Lots of star receivers have struggled when coming to this system (Chad Ochocinco)

4) NE likes to spread the ball around. No one really gets 10+ targets a game. Even when Moss was putting up insane numbers, he probably did it on 5+ targets only. Gronk probably never got 10+ targets a game.

My prediction - AB gets 80-90 catches for 1,100+ yds. He's no longer in the conversation for best WR in the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51359
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

How many lives does AB have? He ain't no cat. I think this is the end of the trail for AB. If Belichick can't pull him to the curb I don't think another organization will take a chance on him. I wouldn't bet the condo Brown will work out in New England.

Here’s Why Antonio Brown Can’t Play For The Patriots Sunday Night

LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 23751

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I wouldn't bet the condo Brown will work out in New England.


I'm not sure he'll finish the season in New England.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 29418

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I wouldn't bet the condo Brown will work out in New England.


I'm not sure he'll finish the season in New England.


It’s certainly possible.

But it’s being reported NE had already tried trading with Oakland for AB earlier during the offseason but OAK wasnt willing.

So theres apparently been mutual interest for some time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51359
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I wouldn't bet the condo Brown will work out in New England.


I'm not sure he'll finish the season in New England.


It’s certainly possible.

But it’s being reported NE had already tried trading with Oakland for AB earlier during the offseason but OAK wasnt willing.

So theres apparently been mutual interest for some time.


That was my thought when I posted did he do a Kwahi Leonard. I had a sneaky feeling he was trying to get to the Patriots all along.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 136818
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Moses wrote:
Another troubled star receiver goes from Oakland to New England. Will AB succeed like Moss, or fall flat on his face? That is the question...


Doesn't seem like much of a question. He's still AB...


An AB that quit on his last two teams.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 18493
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

Antonio Brown and Gronk had the same agent. Draw your own conclusions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 3 of 76
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB