THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers can consistently get anywhere near 30-20, (tonight they were 33-25) combined out of their two-headed center position, I think they will be just fine..!

Go Dwight!
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Dude is a beast 💪 yet a major foul 🧲.

Can't really rely on Dwight for more than 20 hard fought mins with his over aggressive play though. This is where Boogie is key in a playoff run with our other centers limited.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

I asked Dwight Howard about his defense of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope on Instagram that's going around, and here's the full transcript of what he had to say.

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1194866321445404672

Dwight's reply is in the link. Beautiful stuff
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Can't really rely on Dwight for more than 20 hard fought mins with his over aggressive play though. This is where Boogie is key in a playoff run with our other centers limited.

I think 15-20 is the sweet spot. We don’t need him getting worn down.

Between him and Javale splitting time at the 5, both of them should continue to play well and have that effort we need out of them.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Such a good signing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I asked Dwight Howard about his defense of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope on Instagram that's going around, and here's the full transcript of what he had to say.

Saw that on IG and I gained even more respect for the man.

While I also would love to trade KCP lol, that answer was all class and genuinely heart warming.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Between him and Javale splitting time at the 5, both of them should continue to play well and have that effort we need out of them.

Yup agreed. This is why when folks were saying start him, I wasn’t convinced. I think playing limited minutes means he doesn’t worry about foul trouble, he just goes out and plays hard and he knows and seems to have accepted his role.

He literally only has one play this whole season where I was like ok dude relax (when he tried to dribble from top of key and score by himself and turned ot over last night vs GS). But it was a blowout and people tend to do silly things when they arent too concerned with the outcome.

I am trying to think of the last star player to flourish in a role player capacity off the bench like this.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Yup agreed. This is why when folks were saying start him, I wasn’t convinced. I think playing limited minutes means he doesn’t worry about foul trouble, he just goes out and plays hard and he knows and seems to have accepted his role.

He literally only has one play this whole season where I was like ok dude relax (when he tried to dribble from top of key and score by himself and turned ot over last night vs GS). But it was a blowout and people tend to do silly things when they arent too concerned with the outcome.

I am trying to think of the last star player to flourish in a role player capacity off the bench like this.

we need him to be that 'spark' off the bench, his hustle is contagious
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
drae wrote:

Saw that on IG and I gained even more respect for the man.

While I also would love to trade KCP lol, that answer was all class and genuinely heart warming.

He has matured. It is obvious, but it is also Frank Vogel. He is bringing this culture. I was skeptical on Frank at first, but when I first saw his introduction PC I was super impressed with his words, and it was obvious this is what Frank was about. His Indiana team was not that talented. They were legit contenders. However after his failure in Orlando, I thought perhaps players did not buy into Frank. Now after seeing this team, I think they do. Orlando was the exception because it was a very young team. Vogel is all about this stuff. There's not a negative thought in that dude's brain. He is 100% behind his guys and believes in his team. Each player is given a role and a chance to keep correcting mistakes. This is what he did with Kuzma. Kuzma is thriving now after a few tough games. With KCP he is still behind him, because he knows KCP can defend and is an athlete (love that move yesterday by KCP where he avoided the contact and finished at the basket, very athletic play) and we need defensive wings.

That said, easy to have each other's back when everyone is winning. We are relatively winning most of our games. We need to hit some adversity, and then we will see what this team is really about. Who comes through then. Who backs each other. Who still believes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

AGAIN, WHO IS THIS DUDE!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Quote:
“Because we’re a family. We talk about Lakers Nation, we talk about winning a championship, and we need everybody on the same page. KCP is my teammate. He’s my brother. And he’s a part of this family. We don’t talk bad about nobody that’s on our team,” Howard said.

“We’re gonna need KCP to win this championship, and I don’t think it’s right for anybody to wish any type of harm or any type of danger on my teammate. Of course there’s going to be nights where guys miss shots, miss layups but we need to set a standard,” Howard continued. “If we want to win a championship, everybody has got to have that same championship mentality. We’ve got to be on the same page. If we’re on the same page as an organization and as a fanbase and as a team, there’s nothing that we can’t accomplish.

“I don’t really like anybody talking about my brother like that. We shouldn’t do that. The fans should not do that. We’re together in this. If we win, everybody wins. That’s just how I look at it.”
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

He is Comeback Player of the Year if the season ended today.

I think McGee is feeling the heat and he really balled up hard yesterday also.

The combination of the two at that price? Pelinka = Winning
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Quote:
“Because we’re a family. We talk about Lakers Nation, we talk about winning a championship, and we need everybody on the same page. KCP is my teammate. He’s my brother. And he’s a part of this family. We don’t talk bad about nobody that’s on our team,” Howard said.

“We’re gonna need KCP to win this championship, and I don’t think it’s right for anybody to wish any type of harm or any type of danger on my teammate. Of course there’s going to be nights where guys miss shots, miss layups but we need to set a standard,” Howard continued. “If we want to win a championship, everybody has got to have that same championship mentality. We’ve got to be on the same page. If we’re on the same page as an organization and as a fanbase and as a team, there’s nothing that we can’t accomplish.

“I don’t really like anybody talking about my brother like that. We shouldn’t do that. The fans should not do that. We’re together in this. If we win, everybody wins. That’s just how I look at it.”

Dwight needs to post in here every time the garbage about some player being garbage starts after one bad game. The man gets it more than a lot of the fans.

In any case, after this transformation I'm pretty sure he has a career as a motivational speaker ahead of him after basketball.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

Its crazy how Dwight is an emotional leader for this team. I love this dudes mindset right now. We are lucky to have him.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Quote:

This is Dwight's good twin, it's the only explanation. They're not the same person.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
There was whatever we hoped was the best case scenario for Dwight and this is about triple that. Just unreal.

https://twitter.com/unwrittenrul3s/status/1194885082604982272?s=21
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Ya u can see McGee feeling the pressure from Dwight
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I'd like him to shoot freethrows closer to his career average. He's now at 52%, but if he's somewhere around 58%, that would be great. I realize that's only a couple points difference, but I'm afraid teams will be tempted to do the hack-a-Dwight. With Dwight-AD-Lebron-Green-Bradley on the court late in games, we might have the defensive lineup in the league.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Ya u can see McGee feeling the pressure from Dwight

False.. you should watch his post-game interview with Trudell. Those two are totally happy to be viewed as one collective player and they're always up cheering and celebrating for one another.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I'd like him to shoot freethrows closer to his career average. He's now at 52%, but if he's somewhere around 58%, that would be great. I realize that's only a couple points difference, but I'm afraid teams will be tempted to do the hack-a-Dwight. With Dwight-AD-Lebron-Green-Bradley on the court late in games, we might have the defensive lineup in the league.

Not might, that I think it will be. Especially if you have Caruso in there licking his chops ready to defend and do what he does best. You could go with Caruso instead of Green at times to really lock in, or you could even slide Green over to the 3 with Caruso in there for Dwight and roll with an AD Lebron 5-4 lineup that has more speed and spacing. This would really kill any shot of someone going the hack a Dwight route.

Wonder what Rondo's D will be like on this team. Bradley has had an re-emergence as a defensive player, wonder if Rondo could as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I think so too. There were rumors and rumblings some weeks ago about Cousins being able to come back this year so McGee might be the odd man out if that happens.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

This is Dwight's good twin, it's the only explanation. They're not the same person.

Yeah there’s got to be some kind of clone/body switch plot going on here.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I think so too. There were rumors and rumblings some weeks ago about Cousins being able to come back this year so McGee might be the odd man out if that happens.

It would be cool to keep all 3 and we possibly could next season. Injuries happen and Cousins if he is light like he was trying to be, can play some 4 and AD can rest. Gives us a lot of options, and ridiculous length, skill and size. I would try my best to get Cousins right (and light, see Dwight) for 20-21. He is skilled enough to play 10-12 min at 5, and a few minutes at the 4. This is enough for him, and he will be very appreciated by the fans and coaches just like Dwight is, if he buys in and accepts that role.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Part of me is just cautious that the "real" Howard will show his true face and be the chemistry killer that he had been most of his career and his "act" getting annoying over the course of a season, especially during the bad times of the year during losing streaks or bad moments. Yet, he is up their as the best part of the Lakers season so far and actually being mature, along with being a leader and enforcer on this team. It's like why couldn't we get this guy in his first Lakers stint? But, he had to hit rock bottom in order to get this Dwight Howard today. Crazy thing would be that he would most likely be out of the league had Cousins not got hurt, no other team was interested in signing him or taking a chance on him this summer.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Part of me is just cautious that the "real" Howard will show his true face and be the chemistry killer that he had been most of his career and his "act" getting annoying over the course of a season, especially during the bad times of the year during losing streaks or bad moments. Yet, he is up their as the best part of the Lakers season so far and actually being mature, along with being a leader and enforcer on this team. It's like why couldn't we get this guy in his first Lakers stint? But, he had to hit rock bottom in order to get this Dwight Howard today. Crazy thing would be that he would most likely be out of the league had Cousins not got hurt, no other team was interested in signing him or taking a chance on him this summer.

I honestly think the Clippers FO is shrewd enough to have looked into him like the Lakers did. Fortunately the Lakers scooped him up first.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:

This is like the 100th time I have seen fans saying that Howard will eventually show his old self, I mean come on it’s obvious that the guy is a changed person.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 89 of 137
Jump to: