THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
JaVale says he's starting. First test for Dwight...

"LakeShowWorld

@LakeShowWorld
Follow Follow @LakeShowWorld
More
“He (@JaValeMcGee) was very clear that he expects to be the starting center for the Lakers."

https://twitter.com/LakeShowWorld/status/1174884887515414529

Starting spots are earned not preordained, especially for a guy who wasnt that good for the majority of last season.

JM better come ready to fight for a starting spot and be ready to fight for a 🏆, because nothing is give-in in the nba.

Well last time all he had to do was pout and the Lakers traded away the person that won the starting spot from him.

With that kind of situation it's easy to understand he thinks he's destined for that starting position.

Dwight's a better version of him so if he pouts if Dwight wins the starting spot from him, the solution is trading him.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

"The Lakers want to integrate center DeMarcus Cousins back into the team’s culture, and he is expected to be around the roster during the LeBron James-led minicamp in Las Vegas this week, league sources said."

✍️@ShamsCharania

Doesn’t appear Boogie will be released any time soon
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

There’s no reason to waive Cousins now, wait until we need a roster spot.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
There’s no reason to waive Cousins now, wait until we need a roster spot.

How does the ocean say hello?
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
"The Lakers want to integrate center DeMarcus Cousins back into the team’s culture, and he is expected to be around the roster during the LeBron James-led minicamp in Las Vegas this week, league sources said."

✍️@ShamsCharania

Doesn’t appear Boogie will be released any time soon

he'll most likely be back next year for the min(low risk, AD's boy) so makes sense to keep him around the team
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Oh no guys the Clippers may have a big man of their own to challenge us..not!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854934-clippers-rumors-lac-to-work-out-joakim-noah-after-lakers-signed-dwight-howard
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

The Antonio Brown of the NBA, thought DMC was off to the pokey as soon as his doctor allowed him to fly cross country to turn himself into authorities.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Oh no guys the Clippers may have a big man of their own to challenge us..not!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854934-clippers-rumors-lac-to-work-out-joakim-noah-after-lakers-signed-dwight-howard

Lol. Yea this ain’t 2008. (bleep) Noah
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

Can’t believe I’m backing up dwight.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Can’t believe I’m backing up dwight.

that you JaVale?
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Dwight with LeBron and AD together at the WNBA playoffs, Cook and Kuz too.

https://twitter.com/showtimeforum/status/1176671182877102080?s=21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/stadium/status/1176867094333444097?s=21
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

GREAT! - as long as D39 doesn't start jacking up 3s.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

GREAT! - as long as D39 doesn't start jacking up 3s.

He won't...and actually Green should think twice about launching 3's himself.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Dwight's gonna be dangerous if he can be any version of Draymond.

He's already an elite rebounder...

I'm aware that he's an habitual sooth sayer, HOWEVER I'm at full mast right now over this up and coming season.

We got one of the best athletes in the league saying he's ready to start doing all the dirty work to win....

Last edited by Kava on Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

It's all in Dwight's head. He's scary good if he can focus on doing the simple things
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

I bet Draymond is going to (bleep) talk Dwight all season for "hating" him lol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
It's all in Dwight's head. He's scary good if he can focus on doing the simple things

-says every coach of his.

The talent has always been there. That is not disputable. Prime Dwight was a problem for teams. It's post-prime Dwight that needs to come to terms with reality.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

Sit-down @Stadium interview with @DwightHoward: On believing he would never be a Laker again, battling LeBron for years and now teammates, playing center next to Anthony Davis (or even being the water boy) and much more.

I’m sorry guys I don’t know how to post the 10 minute video. But please if anyone had any doubt where Dwight’s head is at watch the video. Do it with an objective mind and see what u think. I think he’s genuine and he’s going to have a very productive year for us. Yes I’m rooting for him cuz I think he’s very important to our success and I just want this team to win
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

Here it is I think

https://watchstadium.com/videos/dwight-howard-sits-down-with-shams-charania-to-discuss-his-return-to-the-lakers/
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Sit-down @Stadium interview with @DwightHoward: On believing he would never be a Laker again, battling LeBron for years and now teammates, playing center next to Anthony Davis (or even being the water boy) and much more.

I’m sorry guys I don’t know how to post the 10 minute video. But please if anyone had any doubt where Dwight’s head is at watch the video. Do it with an objective mind and see what u think. I think he’s genuine and he’s going to have a very productive year for us. Yes I’m rooting for him cuz I think he’s very important to our success and I just want this team to win

I’ve been down the road with Dwight saying the right things too many times to believe this will be different. He’ll have to show it on the court and off it with his teammates and coaches. Regarding his comments about his first Lakers stint, I so wish for once he can just take responsibility for how he handled the whole season. It’s easy to do and would go a long way. But he just can’t do it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

I’m not gonna speak for any one but I think a lot of fans are willing to give Howard a chance to prove himself, it’s obvious that he looks genuinely more excited and focused then he was when he 1st got here because of immature issues.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Thanks for posting the full interview.

Everyone loves a good redemption story. This is one will be among the best!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I’ve been down the road with Dwight saying the right things too many times to believe this will be different. He’ll have to show it on the court and off it with his teammates and coaches. Regarding his comments about his first Lakers stint, I so wish for once he can just take responsibility for how he handled the whole season. It’s easy to do and would go a long way. But he just can’t do it.

Since Dwight left the Lakers, he has been to the conference finals in the west. He has been to the playoffs four times IIRC. He has been an all-star a few times. The Lakers have had zero all-stars aside from Kobe, and zero playoff appearances. He left at the time because it was clear that the team was not going to win anything in the short term and then in the longterm there was not a good plan presented by Jim and Mitch - and others at the time who there. People act as if he went to play on his own team. He went to play second fiddle to James Harden. Now he has failed as a championship second fiddle, and that is something he needs to accept. Being a role player on a championship team is something he needs to adopt or he is out of her. But I do not blame him for leaving, not now, not way back then.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Since Dwight left the Lakers, he has been to the conference finals in the west. He has been to the playoffs four times IIRC. He has been an all-star a few times. The Lakers have had zero all-stars aside from Kobe, and zero playoff appearances. He left at the time because it was clear that the team was not going to win anything in the short term and then in the longterm there was not a good plan presented by Jim and Mitch - and others at the time who there. People act as if he went to play on his own team. He went to play second fiddle to James Harden. Now he has failed as a championship second fiddle, and that is something he needs to accept. Being a role player on a championship team is something he needs to adopt or he is out of her. But I do not blame him for leaving, not now, not way back then.

I don’t blame him for leaving either. I’m glad he left. My beef is with how he conducted himself while he was here. He never owns up to it or takes responsibility. It’s always a long missive about how injured he was (because Dwight is a misunderstood hero who gave it his all) and that everyone had an ego (see? It wasn’t just me!)

It’s never him. At every stop. Every team. It’s always circumstances or misunderstandings or miscommunications and he’s always eager to find others to share the blame with. Just own it dude.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 53 of 137
Jump to: