Woj: LAL to workout Dwight, Noah, Gortat, Speights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Center working out with Lakers would you want LA to sign?
Dwight Howard
28%
 28%  [ 35 ]
Joaquim Noah
46%
 46%  [ 57 ]
Mo Speights
10%
 10%  [ 13 ]
Marcin Gortat
13%
 13%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 122

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Not rooting for that (bleep).

🤣😂😆

This. SO much this
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Are the Lakers trying to put together the most unlikable team or what?!?! Let's just bring Larry Bird out of retirement and slap a jersey on him too.

Seriously
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Guys the Lakers already reported they don’t want AD playing big minutes at center because it increases his injury risk. Remember the Lakers bet their future on AD and if he injuried we are screwed for a long time. That being said the other choices are way too risky

Faried. he is too small if center bet him up AD would have to pick up more mi minutes at center

Gorat plain old sucks
Noah was ok but maybe over the hook now

If the above 2 Are below Their potential it means more AD st center r

Yes Dwight has risk

Injuried last few seasons but he expected to play limited minutes and those injuries aren’t career changing like ACL or anything.

Locker room attitude. He isn’t expected to do he a big focus so he will be relieved and perhaps be less of a pain

And if he doesn’t behave Lakers can waive him than consider the above players

Positives

Some upside he is great a lobs that means some pick and roll with the best guy at being the ball handler in pick and roll Lebron

He can hold his own against other big guys. Meaning less use of AD at center

He loves LA some hopefully he will be behaved

“Hopefully” is a prayer, not a plan. Especially considering we will more than likely have to give up assets to Memphis to get him.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

Yes, yes, please!! Do it Rob!!!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Guys the Lakers already reported they don’t want AD playing big minutes at center because it increases his injury risk. Remember the Lakers bet their future on AD and if he injuried we are screwed for a long time. That being said the other choices are way too risky

Faried. he is too small if center bet him up AD would have to pick up more mi minutes at center

Gorat plain old sucks

Yes Dwight has risk

Injuried last few seasons but he expected to play limited minutes and those injuries aren’t career changing like ACL or anything.

Locker room attitude. He isn’t expected to do he a big focus so he will be relieved and perhaps be less of a pain

Positives

Some upside he is great a lobs that means some pick and roll with the best guy at being the ball handler in pick and roll Lebron

Spine surgeries can certainly be career changing..this is 2 for Dwight now.

Watching his early 2018 tape... looks like a different player than who played 9 games for the Wiz last year. 2018 Dwight would be a plus on the court.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Gorat plain old sucks

Yes Dwight has risk

Positives

“Hopefully” is a prayer, not a plan. Especially considering we will more than likely have to give up assets to Memphis to get him.

I think it will be buyout assuming it will happen and yes we have to hope in this case. Unfortunately this season is based on many hopes. We hope Bradley stays healthy and becomes an elite defender. We hope Kuzma takes the next step and becomes a star. We hoped Cosuon stays healthy that is already one hope that didn’t work out.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

When he bolted he single handily set our franchise back years.

Can he even play anymore, I haven’t had any interest in keeping track of him.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

Some of you guys don't get it... The Lakers put themselves in this position when they began their pursuit of LeBron. The team and organization has been gutted and blown to pieces for him.

We aligned with the wrong dude. Dwight Howard is an output of this alignment. We still haven't traded Kuzma for Love yet either... Just hold on... It's coming.

But don't worry... Dwight is just as much of a selfish temperamental locker-room disruption as LeBron. It will be fun to read stories about them fighting over Instagram likes and Twitter posts.

The Lakers did this to themselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Gorat plain old sucks

Yes Dwight has risk

Positives

I think it will be buyout assuming it will happen and yes we have to hope in this case. Unfortunately this season is based on many hopes. We hope Bradley stays healthy and becomes an elite defender. We hope Kuzma takes the next step and becomes a star. We hoped Cosuon stays healthy that is already one hope that didn’t work out.

If you are Memphis and the Lakers are interested in Howard you would let him go for nothing? If I’m the owner you are fired. At least get some picks.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

I'll say this: once upon a time I rooted for the Mailman and Rodman when they put on P&G. I now root for LBJ - after going at it with his stans for years in my defense of Kobe. I think I can root for D12 again. Do it Rambii
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

Not ideal, but I don't hate it. There's not a lot of options at this point.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
To the people who really don't want Dwight. Don't worry. We're cursed. He'll only play a couple games and then he'll injure himself for the season. That's how our luck has been lately.

That's not a curse. The real curse is when Howard injures AD in preseason practice and then has to play 30+ mpg.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
If you are Memphis and the Lakers are interested in Howard you would let him go for nothing? If I’m the owner you are fired. At least get some picks.

LA doesn’t have the salary to deal for Dwight until 12/15. By then they already have the question answered. No way they extract picks from LA. Upside for Memphis is savings on a buyout. Same situation as Tyson last year.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:
To the people who really don't want Dwight. Don't worry. We're cursed. He'll only play a couple games and then he'll injure himself for the season. That's how our luck has been lately.

That's not a curse. The real curse is when Howard injures AD in preseason practice and then has to play 30+ mpg.

I thought darkness was my ally. But I merely adopted the dark. You were born in it. Molded by it. You didn't see the light until you were already a man. By then it was nothing to you but blinding. Shadows betray me, because they belong to you.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

Dwight better have a presser where he apologizes for what he put the Lakers through in 2012 or Lakers fans will boo him out the building his 1st game back in Staples.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Some of you guys don't get it... The Lakers put themselves in this position when they began their pursuit of LeBron. The team and organization has been gutted and blown to pieces for him.

We aligned with the wrong dude. Dwight Howard is an output of this alignment. We still haven't traded Kuzma for Love yet either... Just hold on... It's coming.

But don't worry... Dwight is just as much of a selfish temperamental locker-room disruption as LeBron. It will be fun to read stories about them fighting over Instagram likes and Twitter posts.

Darth, always positive.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Gorat plain old sucks

Yes Dwight has risk

Positives

Yes that is why I am critical that this is media hoopla like the idea of Kawhi was going to the Lakers which we now know is a lot of BS.

As far as I know the Lakers don’t have almost nothing to trade their picks are gone practically.

One thing I am thinking is His Memphis contract is 5.6 million and no one wants it and I don’t know if the Lakers can even trade for their contract for cap reasons. Memphis might be scared if he stays and wants to go tot eh Lakes, he will cause problems around the team and locker room. Something they don’t want for their young guys. Some there is some incentive for them to buyout him out eventually
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

Not much options left. Maybe he can be serviceable for few minutes per game.
Mr. Zero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

SOFT
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I thought darkness was my ally. But I merely adopted the dark. You were born in it. Molded by it. You didn't see the light until you were already a man. By then it was nothing to you but blinding. Shadows betray me, because they belong to you.

This runs on a loop inside my black, icy heart: Dwight's comin'!
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Darth, always positive.

Well... The truth is something we all know. I don't have a problem dealing with it now opposed to later.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

I'd rather play Giannis
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

People rooting for Howard to come back are fascists.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

People rooting for Howard to come back are fascists.

Lots of short memories around here.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Darth, always positive.

He’s not wrong 🤷‍♂️
Lakers are run by the #JamesGang now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17
Jump to: