Who is the third most important player on the team?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the third most important player on the team?
Danny Green
32%
 32%  [ 21 ]
Kyle Kuzma
32%
 32%  [ 21 ]
DeMarcus Cousins
25%
 25%  [ 16 ]
Javale McGee
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Avery Bradley
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Quinn Cook
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rajon Rondo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kentavius Caldwell Pope
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jared Dudley
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 64

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Who is the third most important player on the team?

And who’s 4th and 5th?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

I got Danny, if he's last season DG.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

This question is the biggest problem with our team. With no clear hierarchy after our big 2. It's a breeding ground for discontent. Moreso for our bench rotation. They'll be 2-3 people out of the rotation in a given set of games. And those players will feel personally they are good enough to be playing.

Daniels and Caruso aren't even on this list. Who knows how much Kostas improves this year as well. It's not like Dudley is a stud backup 3.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Green over Cousins. Danny Green's ability to guard the other team's best swingman and drill open 3's gets him the vote over DMC's potential.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
This question is the biggest problem with our team. With no clear hierarchy after our big 2.

Our hierarchy is (1) Lebron, (2) AD and (3) everyone else shut up and do your job as assigned. We'll be fine.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Our hierarchy is (1) Lebron, (2) AD and (3) everyone else shut up and do your job as assigned. We'll be fine.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Green is the most important, but Cousins could make us scary if he returns to form. So, how optimistic are you?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Wow, only one vote for Kuzma so far.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Gotta be Kuz right? Cousins is the only other guy in the discussion.

Danny Green lol. If Green is our 3rd best player, then he better finally reach his ceiling as an all nba talent in his 10th year or whatever it is. Lol. Or LeBron turns back the clock to his Miami days and AD becomes Shaq.

I don’t mean any disrespect to Green, he’s a solid role player. We just better have 1 if not 2 more impactful guys on the squad.

Nice to know Jared Dudley is on LG.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:

Danny Green lol. If Green is our 3rd best player, then he better finally reach his ceiling as an all nba talent in his 10th year or whatever it is. Lol. Or LeBron turns back the clock to his Miami days and AD becomes Shaq.

I don’t mean any disrespect to Green, he’s a solid role player. We just better have 1 if not 2 more impactful guys on the squad.

Were you the one Kuzma vote?

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
PartyMan wrote:

Were you the one Kuzma vote?

I was the 2nd 😎
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kikanga wrote:
This question is the biggest problem with our team. With no clear hierarchy after our big 2.

Reminds me of LBJ's last year in Cleveland. Won't be surprised at all when 3-4 guys get moved at trade deadline. Hopefully Cousins overachieves. We'll need it if we're serious about trying to win a chip.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

LOL @ whoever voted for Dudley...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Kuz at worst is what he was last year and at best he gets back to his rookie efficiency.

Either way, I don't see him potentially having the impact of Boog. If he get back to himself, the league has no answer
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Im going to go with Bradley. He's most likely penciled in as the starting PG by default the starting PG slot so I can easily see us sinking or swimming based on how well he plays.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Reminds me of LBJ's last year in Cleveland. Won't be surprised at all when 3-4 guys get moved at trade deadline. Hopefully Cousins overachieves. We'll need it if we're serious about trying to win a chip.

I think it's not uncommon. Last year, the Raptors had Kawhi, Lowry, and a bunch of guys all at about the same level. Worked out fine for them.

I don't see why some people think there needs to be a "clear hierarchy." Honestly, I am not even sure what they mean by a hierarchy -- who gets to take more shots, who gets to use the sauna first after the game?

I wouldn't try to predict if we will make any trades. All depends on how the team is doing.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

Danny Green - defense and shooting to complement LBJ/AD

Followed by:

Kuz - you know he can erupt for 40; can he develop a defense?

Cousins - Second year post achilles. I doubt he will, or can, defend well. Can he still score and play a role in Vogel's offense? AD's support of Cousins tells me to keep an open mind.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
I got Danny, if he's last season DG.

Hopefully he's last year's regular season DG.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
I think it's not uncommon. Last year, the Raptors had Kawhi, Lowry, and a bunch of guys all at about the same level. Worked out fine for them.

I don't see why some people think there needs to be a "clear hierarchy." Honestly, I am not even sure what they mean by a hierarchy -- who gets to take more shots, who gets to use the sauna first after the game?

I wouldn't try to predict if we will make any trades. All depends on how the team is doing.

Siakim was better than Lowry by the end of the season. Gasol was made a clear priority once traded for. And Ibaka was moved to the bench. Lin and McCaw were cut out of the rotation whenever Van Fleet and Powell were healthy. Players need a consistency in role and minutes to get the best out of them.

Cavs started the 2017-2018 season with I. Thomas, Derrick Rose, Dwayne Wade, Shumpert, JR Smith and Calderon (actually played more than a quarter most games) all on their roster as guards. And depending on "who was hot" they all got varying minutes game-to-game. I. Thomas didn't start the season due to his injury, but started playing in January. This happened a month later:

Quote:
The Cavaliers traded nearly half their team just before the trade deadline
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/2/8/16991762/cavaliers-trades-list-isaiah-thomas-george-hill-rodney-hood
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

I'm just confused about the rotation we'll be running outside of the 4 man big rotation (AD, Boogie, Kuz, McGee).

Which 6 players will be our starting and backup PG, SG, and SF? LBJ, Green, KCP, and Bradley are getting payed too much to not play. But who gets the final 2 spots between Cook, Rondo, Caruso, Daniels, and Dudley. If KCP shoots like crap again and still gets minutes, players are gonna be ticked off as well.

At least Hollins is known for managing egos well. We'll be putting that skill to test this year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I'm just confused about the rotation we'll be running outside of the 4 man big rotation (AD, Boogie, Kuz, McGee).

Which 6 players will be our starting and backup PG, SG, and SF? LBJ, Green, KCP, and Bradley are getting payed too much to not play. But who gets the final 2 spots between Cook, Rondo, Caruso, Daniels, and Dudley. If KCP shoots like crap again and still gets minutes, players are gonna be ticked off as well.

At least Hollins is known for managing egos well. We'll be putting that skill to test this year.

I'd run this:

Boogie (24) | McGee (14) | Davis (10)
Davis (22) | Kuzma (26)
LeBron (30) | Green (12) | Kuzma (6)
Green (14) | KCP (22) | Bradley (12)
Bradley (14) | Rondo or Caruso (18) | Cook (16)

Daniels and Dudley are used in specific situations.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

I picked Bradley for the defense. There are so many good pgs in the West like Donovan Mitchell, Lilliard, Curry, etc. Someone has to guard these guys and if Bradley can just keep them at their season average and prevent them from going off, that would be a very important contribution.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

We'll probably start the season with 10 guys getting at least 10 minutes each.
Whether and how many minutes will go to guys like Daniels, Dudley, Caruso, etc. get will depend on they look in preseason and together.

Vogel probably has an idea of what he wants to do, but I doubt anything is set in stone.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Siakim was better than Lowry by the end of the season. Gasol was made a clear priority once traded for. And Ibaka was moved to the bench. Lin and McCaw were cut out of the rotation whenever Van Fleet and Powell were healthy. Players need a consistency in role and minutes to get the best out of them.

Cavs started the 2017-2018 season with I. Thomas, Derrick Rose, Dwayne Wade, Shumpert, JR Smith and Calderon (actually played more than a quarter most games) all on their roster as guards. And depending on "who was hot" they all got varying minutes game-to-game. I. Thomas didn't start the season due to his injury, but started playing in January. This happened a month later:

Quote:
The Cavaliers traded nearly half their team just before the trade deadline
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/2/8/16991762/cavaliers-trades-list-isaiah-thomas-george-hill-rodney-hood

Sure, there are just so many minutes and they have to be divided out somehow. And those divisions often are different at the end of the season than the start. If that's all people mean by hierarchy, it will sort itself out.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

Guys I don’t quite view the question as who is the third most important player. I view it as who will the other team allow to be the third most important player on any given night? Let me explain.

We all know Lebron can score but can also distribute the ball and run a great fast break, rebound... AD also is a great ball handling but also great basketball IQ. If he gets the ball at the top of the key he can decide where the ball needs to go or take it himself.

The defense is going to have pick their poison. If they want to stop AD from rolling to the basket, they may have to commit a weak side defender off the weak side leaving Danny green open. Or they may decide to have their center help then cousins can be the star of the night. Or they leave Kuzma open. Or the other team may have a slow big. So the Lakers May want a lot of fast breaks so that is where Lebron and AD can really shine. and green can sit at the 3 during these fast breaks if they try to pack the paint to stop these 2.
Golden state did this a lot with Klay Thompson but they didn’t have someone like Ad and Lebron.

Point is with the high basketball IQ of AD and Lebron and even Cousins the ball decides who will get the ball and scoring opportunities. We may even see a case where lebron and AD score 25 plus points nightly with the third guy changing from Green Kuzma and Cousins nightly

And the minutes may change nightly. If the other team has a weak center they may have cousins play more minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: