LG Fantasy Football Cash League 2019: 1st: LakerLanny 2nd: ChickenStu 3rd: Zforce
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Trade deadline is this week. Trade away!
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject:

It’s time to start asking the question: if stews of chicken runs the table, will he be more unbearable than the 1972 dolphins?

Very impressive start sir.
gjackx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
It’s time to start asking the question: if stews of chicken runs the table, will he be more unbearable than the 1972 dolphins?

He likely would be in the Dolphins range...ugh. It's just so hard to go undefeated in fantasy, let's see how it plays out!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:

tried to tell you guys before the season we as owners should Kaepernick him....not only did he draft strong, someone gifted him Mike Evans about a week before Mike Evans exploded....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

gjackx wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

He likely would be in the Dolphins range...ugh. It's just so hard to go undefeated in fantasy, let's see how it plays out!

I'm sure a dud is coming. I just hope it's not during the playoffs, but that's always a possibility. You truly never know with H2H. I told you guys about the biggest league I'm in, and now the guy with the most total points has extended his lead to 90 points over me...and he's now 3-6 on the year, and I'm 7-2. (That's exactly the reason why we don't go by H2H for the trophy!)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

I think we should have an honest discussion before next season about the benefits of a salary cap league over a snake draft league.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

tried to tell you guys before the season we as owners should Kaepernick him....not only did he draft strong, someone gifted him Mike Evans about a week before Mike Evans exploded....

Did we get a reverse David Stern situation? Haha.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Chicken Stu getting ready to take his first loss of the season this week.

You aren't coming to our league and running the table Sir.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Hey, I've run (or is it ran?) the table once...never doubt me!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

do you play him? We can all trade our best players to you for a week.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

With a bow and everything.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

do you play him? We can all trade our best players to you for a week.

Yes, I do but I am still smarting from you doubling the score against me last week.

Pouring it on like that is quite unsportsmanlike!
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo getting some life out of OJ Howard to make me look bad this week.

i sure hate fantasy sometimes haha.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:

I do not get it....OJ should be having 100 yard multiple TD games on the regular. He is a matchup nightmare yet even today the few times they went to him it felt forced.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

I do not get it....OJ should be having 100 yard multiple TD games on the regular. He is a matchup nightmare yet even today the few times they went to him it felt forced.

Arians just hates featuring the TE lol. It's really the only thing that makes sense to me.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject:

^Props to you ChickenStu...my 40 pt QB {Lamar The God Jackson} didn't even make a dent against your squad.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
^Props to you ChickenStu...my 40 pt QB {Lamar The God Jackson} didn't even make a dent against your squad.

Things have gone my way in this league so far. Still a long way to go.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

is that a humble brag? There are like 3 weeks left, and you have pretty much already locked up a playoff slot and bye. The only thing I can see stopping you in the playoffs are some key injuries. It is what it is....just a dominant season for the team you assembled. The thing is there are a few other really good teams this year....just been overshadowed by your performance.

Bet you cannot pull it off 2 years in a row....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

Arians just hates featuring the TE lol. It's really the only thing that makes sense to me.

has to be because I recall in Winstons early years with Koetter calling the plays, Winston went to Cameron Brate a lot....57 receptions and 8 TD's in 2016. Heck, he went to OJ a decent amount before Arians arrived.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

is that a humble brag? There are like 3 weeks left, and you have pretty much already locked up a playoff slot and bye. The only thing I can see stopping you in the playoffs are some key injuries. It is what it is....just a dominant season for the team you assembled. The thing is there are a few other really good teams this year....just been overshadowed by your performance.

Bet you cannot pull it off 2 years in a row....

Seriously, anything can happen. I've seen it, I know it. You can take the best player at each position and I bet you that at least once during the year, such a team would score poorly. And all it takes is for that one time to happen during the fantasy playoffs. Yeah, my team's great, but it guarantees nothing.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

I ended up with maybe the second-most agonizing win in my fantasy football life, in one of my leagues tonight. I needed a 17 from Russell Wilson to win. As the 4th quarter was winding down, I was about .5 short. So as they ran the ball on 3rd down and as Myers put Seattle ahead by 3, I needed SF to answer with a tying FG. And got it. Then I needed Seattle to win the toss. They did. Seattle's first drive had me ahead by 1.6 points...I just needed to avoid any turnover. Of course, I didn't. A rare Wilson INT put me back behind by .4 of a point, and as the 49er defender was running that INT back, it looked like he might go all the way to end it. He didn't, and then the 49ers got stopped inches shy of a first down and so I needed McLaughlin to miss his kick this time. He did. So with Seattle getting it back, I just needed 11 passing yards or 5 rush yards. Seattle went 3-and-out and chose to punt on 4th and 2 with under 2 minutes left, with Wilson getting no yardage, and I thought for sure I was done. Then the 49ers amazingly threw 3 straight incomplete passes, running no time off the clock, and gave the ball back to Seattle. One more chance. Wilson still didn't have the yardage on 3rd down, and that last scramble once again put me ahead. I just needed to avoid a turnover again, and I ended up winning by exactly two points. The last hour of real time was genuinely an agonizing experience.

The most agonizing win I ever had ended in ecstasy, because it was the fantasy finals. I think I've told this story before. It was the Eagles on a Monday night game in Week 16, and I had Zach Ertz and my opponent had the Eagles kicker. The Eagles were mounting a comeback on their final drive, with the matchup completely in doubt. On the last play before the FG, Ertz caught a pass, thus giving me enough points to still be ahead even if the kicker made his kick, because the catch got them close enough to avoid a 50+ yard FG, which would've been worth enough to beat me. There were a few seconds on the clock, and I was up by less than a point. And I'll be darned if the other team didn't try a crazy trick play on the kickoff, and of course they fumbled it and it was returned by the Eagles for a TD with no time left. Had they kicked the PAT at the end of the game, I would've suffered the single-most agonizing defeat in the history of fantasy football. Thank the heavens that they just lined up and took a knee.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I ended up with maybe the second-most agonizing win in my fantasy football life, in one of my leagues tonight. I needed a 17 from Russell Wilson to win. As the 4th quarter was winding down, I was about .5 short. So as they ran the ball on 3rd down and as Myers put Seattle ahead by 3, I needed SF to answer with a tying FG. And got it. Then I needed Seattle to win the toss. They did. Seattle's first drive had me ahead by 1.6 points...I just needed to avoid any turnover. Of course, I didn't. A rare Wilson INT put me back behind by .4 of a point, and as the 49er defender was running that INT back, it looked like he might go all the way to end it. He didn't, and then the 49ers got stopped inches shy of a first down and so I needed McLaughlin to miss his kick this time. He did. So with Seattle getting it back, I just needed 11 passing yards or 5 rush yards. Seattle went 3-and-out and chose to punt on 4th and 2 with under 2 minutes left, with Wilson getting no yardage, and I thought for sure I was done. Then the 49ers amazingly threw 3 straight incomplete passes, running no time off the clock, and gave the ball back to Seattle. One more chance. Wilson still didn't have the yardage on 3rd down, and that last scramble once again put me ahead. I just needed to avoid a turnover again, and I ended up winning by exactly two points. The last hour of real time was genuinely an agonizing experience.

The most agonizing win I ever had ended in ecstasy, because it was the fantasy finals. I think I've told this story before. It was the Eagles on a Monday night game in Week 16, and I had Zach Ertz and my opponent had the Eagles kicker. The Eagles were mounting a comeback on their final drive, with the matchup completely in doubt. On the last play before the FG, Ertz caught a pass, thus giving me enough points to still be ahead even if the kicker made his kick, because the catch got them close enough to avoid a 50+ yard FG, which would've been worth enough to beat me. There were a few seconds on the clock, and I was up by less than a point. And I'll be darned if the other team didn't try a crazy trick play on the kickoff, and of course they fumbled it and it was returned by the Eagles for a TD with no time left. Had they kicked the PAT at the end of the game, I would've suffered the single-most agonizing defeat in the history of fantasy football. Thank the heavens that they just lined up and took a knee.

This story had me on the edge of my seat. Have anymore?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I once had a trade vetoed and I was really, really upset. I was trading away Jahvid Best for Andre Johnson before Week 2's games of the 2010 season. The dude had a lot of WR's and really needed a RB and, at this time early in the season, Best was seen as a rising RB2 type (he was a rookie). Anyway, the league vetoed it and I was livid. (This league has since never vetoed a trade.) So what happened, you ask?

Best went out there that week and literally got me a 50. He didn't do much for the rest of the season after picking up some injuries, but yeah, that was quite an interesting week.
gjackx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I once had a trade vetoed and I was really, really upset. I was trading away Jahvid Best for Andre Johnson before Week 2's games of the 2010 season. The dude had a lot of WR's and really needed a RB and, at this time early in the season, Best was seen as a rising RB2 type (he was a rookie). Anyway, the league vetoed it and I was livid. (This league has since never vetoed a trade.) So what happened, you ask?

Best went out there that week and literally got me a 50. He didn't do much for the rest of the season after picking up some injuries, but yeah, that was quite an interesting week.

I think I will beat you this week if Gurley can get me a 50.....I don't think Gurley gets anywhere close to that though.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

gjackx wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I think I will beat you this week if Gurley can get me a 50.....I don't think Gurley gets anywhere close to that though.

I mean, you have a puncher's chance. You need one of those games where Tucker gets held to a 4 or less (could happen if all they do is score TD's or if they simply can't move the ball at all), and then Gurley scores a couple of TD's.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10
Jump to: