I hate Steve Ballmer and the Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I think I speak for everyone when I say the goal here is for the lakers to win a championship before the (bleep) (bleep) clippers. I hate them so much that if I wish nothing but bad luck to bestow upon them.

The clippers do not deserve to be here, they do not deserve to have good players. They have done nothing in 30+ years in there existance to be a free agent destination over the lakers. They were manufactured to be that way. If OkC. Didn’t lose there minds and decided to have a fire sale at the last second than KL would be a laker. I have no respect for ballmer, the clippers or anyone affiliated or a fan of that organization.

(bleep) them. I hope they rot
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
I think I speak for everyone when I say the goal here is for the lakers to win a championship before the (bleep) (bleep) clippers. I hate them so much that if I wish nothing but bad luck to bestow upon them.

The clippers do not deserve to be here, they do not deserve to have good players. They have done nothing in 30+ years in there existance to be a free agent destination over the lakers. They were manufactured to be that way. If OkC. Didn’t lose there minds and decided to have a fire sale at the last second than KL would be a laker. I have no respect for ballmer, the clippers or anyone affiliated or a fan of that organization.

If the Clippers do win, it looks like LG better sponsor a crisis hot line for the despondent fans.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
999 wrote:

If the Clippers do win, it looks like LG better sponsor a crisis hot line for the despondent fans.

I’m not in low spirits. I actually like our laker team. But I absolutely despise the clipper organization. As long as they are in Southern California I want nothing but pain and misery for ballmer and that franchise.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
999 wrote:

Hello 911 help me the Clippers won, I don't want to live anymore

Coach Wooden
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

Ballmer is annoying and over the top but I would love to have him as owner of the Lakers. Dude wants to win, has deep pockets, and isn't afraid to spend.

Can you really fault him/the organization landing KL? They did everything they needed to to get him. If you think there was tampering that was not penalized that is the commissioner's fault, not their's.

Their fans would be annoying if they won a championship. And if they win and he claims this is a Clippers Town who is gonna really buy into that? They're always going to be the Mets/Jets/Nets of LA.
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

What happens if it's Clips v. Boston in the Finals?
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Cheer on the Clippers? Seems like a no-brainer. Everybody hates Boston, and the Clippers are indeed from LA. Also, it's not as though the Clippers are actively marketing against the Lakers, they're just actively marketing in favor of themselves, which is exactly what they ought to be doing. Competition pushes companies/teams to do better. It's beneficial for the Lakers to have another competitive team in LA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Cheer on the Clippers? Seems like a no-brainer. Everybody hates Boston, and the Clippers are indeed from LA. Also, it's not as though the Clippers are actively marketing against the Lakers, they're just actively marketing in favor of themselves, which is exactly what they ought to be doing. Competition pushes companies/teams to do better. It's beneficial for the Lakers to have another competitive team in LA.

I will always root against the Celts.

But the thought of this mental exercise makes me want to hurl.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I’m in the minority here. But I would rather have the lakers chase 18+ championships than see the clippers with one. I don’t think the clippers deserve to win and ballmer doesn’t deserve a championship in Los Angeles. LA is laker town and it always will be.

If the clippers do happen to win a title than I hope for acid rain on the championship parade. (bleep) them
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

Do people really think KL would have come here is the Clippers didn't get PG? He didn't come here for the same reason as PG, doesn't want to play with Lebron. Plain and simple. He used the Lakers as leverage to get a better deal from the Clippers.

IMO had the Clippers had not of gotten PG I still think he would have signed, they just would have made a trade after he signed at some point for another star.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Do people really think KL would have come here is the Clippers didn't get PG? He didn't come here for the same reason as PG, doesn't want to play with Lebron. Plain and simple. He used the Lakers as leverage to get a better deal from the Clippers.

IMO had the Clippers had not of gotten PG I still think he would have signed, they just would have made a trade after he signed at some point for another star.

Yep, otherwise he wouldn't have worked so hard behind the scenes on the alternative to playing on the Lakers. The Lakers were his backup plan. Playing with Lebron+AD he could've rolled off several championships easily, but apparently that not his style.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Yep, otherwise he wouldn't have worked so hard behind the scenes on the alternative to playing on the Lakers. The Lakers were his backup plan. Playing with Lebron+AD he could've rolled off several championships easily, but apparently that not his style.

You put Kawhi's and his uncle's brains together and you're still at about 2/3's of normal IQ...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:

In other words, you have a guess about how you think an alternate reality, which can never be tested, would have turned out.

The value of this kind of thing depends on how much people respect your opinions overall.

I think your guess is worthless.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
^
Seems like Bezos has replaced Larry Ellison as the rich guy on everyone's wish list to buy every sports team, such the Seahawks to the Knicks.

Thought that the Lakers might have some sort of edge, but it's likely just a pipe dream. Seems Bezos would be more intrigued with hoisting a large moon rock from the lunar surface than a Larry O'Brien trophy at Staples.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
^
Seems like Bezos has replaced Larry Ellison as the rich guy on everyone's wish list to buy every sports team, such the Seahawks to the Knicks.

Thought that the Lakers might have some sort of edge, but it's likely just a pipe dream. Seems Bezos would be more intrigued with hoisting a large moon rock from the lunar surface than a Larry O'Brien trophy at Staples.

Not all billionaires want to own a sports team. I wouldn't be surprised if Bezos is one of them. He sounds more like Elon Musk where he wants to achieve bigger goals for humanity.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:24 am    Post subject:

^Their rivalry seems to have the beginnings of a Lakers-Celtics feel to it. When their visions for the future may shape humanity's destiny for centuries to come, it's understandable why terrestrial sporting endeavors might not immediately hold their attention.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
I think Ballmer’s a great owner. He’s smart, passionate, sticks to what he knows, and hires good people.

Ballmer is obnoxious but anyone who wants to posture and pretend they wouldn't take him in a heartbeat over what we have is lying.

I dislike Jeanie, but she's sadly an upgrade to Jimmy (aka Blunderbuss). And the rest of the FO and coaches were assembled bass wacksards, but I think Mitch ran his course. Deng and Moz were acts of sabotage. And Luke? I have no say in who they hire and fire, and they could've waited longer than they did or given Lue what he wanted, ((REMOVED - JMK))
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

The rivalry is only there because the Clippers are constantly trying to compare and beat the Lakers, proclaiming it is a Clippers town, and other silly things like that.

The Lakers are still more nationally televised and the Christmas game is a Lakers HOME game. If the Clippers were the marquee team, then it would be a Clippers home game with Clippers branding everywhere instead of the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
george w kush wrote:

KL has a different mental makeup than AD, he wants to do things his way. AD wants to follow someone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: