The Sixers scare me more than the Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Any team that relies heavily on a player who doesnt/can't shoot relatively well from outside the paint doesn't scare me in a 7 game series.

Hello, Philly. Hello, Milwaukee.

I’m surprised people are so high on them. They lost two elite shot makers and overpaid Harris and Horford (who is a bit redundant). Who is the closer on this team? They’re big and tough but I think they will struggle to generate offense, especially in late game situations.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

In before the ol’ Allen Iverson quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

76ers are the epitome of paper champions. They look great on paper, but watch them play on the court and you will understand why they underachieve so often.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

until Simmons can hit a jump shot im not afraid of the sixers at all.
Peppe89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

With Al Horford, the Sixers have a great chance to get the #1 seed because we can limit Joel Embiid’s minutes during the regular season, we have a former all-star as a spot starter and Kyle Oquinn as his backup when Joel rests for load management, and a bit of an insurance policy in case the unmentionable happens. Remember, the Raptors still have Marc Gasol (25m) and Serge Ibaka (21m). Combined, Joel and Horford are younger, better, and cheaper. Oh, and as far as Jimmy Butler as veteran presence, I’m sure Brett Brown prefers having by all reports the classiest dude in the NBA as betting tips told me. Al Horford even enhances Joel Embiid’s development, being one of the few people in the league who can actually guard him successfully--there practice battles should be legendary and Joel should learn a lot (hopefully incorporating a deadly yet simple right hand jump hook, if i had anything to say about it)
rmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

Well, we wouldn't have to be afraid of the Sixers until the NBA Finals. I can deal with that when the time comes.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ya they're in the top tier of teams, LAL, LAC, Phil. one of those is winning it all

People are really under estimating the loss of Jimmy and JJ Redick. Yes, Philly improved in some areas but they lost a lot.

I personally like Richardson a lot.. And Tobias should have a better year.. I'm in on them. Maybe I'm underestimating Jimmy cuz I'm not a fan of his declining game.. and I know JJ is a great release valve , always can run a play for him..

I'm not a fan of Butler either but without him they weren't sniffing the ECF last season. Until proven otherwise, none of their guys have shown to have any dog in them. It showed in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: