Not only do we have Potentially the best Duo...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject:

Too many questions marks next to a lot of theses names to get over excited for me. Kuzma's development and Cousins health and commitment will be key aswell as Lebron and Davis's health. There is a wide range of possible outcomes for this squad. From missing the playoffs to possibly winning a chip.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject:

I love how someone tries to post something positive and like clockwork the glass half empty folks come in here and focus on one or two negative things, sometimes without any basis in fact. It's like being served a great meal and complaining the garnish was missing.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject:

Shoot Like Kobe wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Shoot Like Kobe wrote:
Lol at Caruso 48%. Prime example of overrating counting stats at face value.

OR

Maybe Alex has actually progressed to the point where he has become a pretty good high energy bench player

LOL

And he dropped 32 points as a rookie. Keep on smiling.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
It's funny how there is no numbers next to KCP.

It just shows you how useless he is.

Career high 38% from 3 on 5.6 attempts per game.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

This might be the team lebron is remembered for.

Luke Shaq and Kobe
Jordan, pippen and Rodman

There is no equivalent to this man on the current squad.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject:

LeBron gonna be like Showtime Magic the puppet master and AD can be Kareem, ok maybe prime KG (Kuz - Worthy, Bradley - B.Scott, Green - Coop... I hope... I wish!)... 3 finals 2 rings before LeBron contract is up
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject:

TrueLies wrote:
I think we just have a whole lot of big names right now. Cousins/Bradley/Rondo/Dudley/KCP were all at a point in their career great, but not so much now. Resigning Caruso/McGee and getting Green were our best moves

Yea we have many players who are known for their past performances. Hope they can still have similar production thus coming season
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
TrueLies wrote:
I think we just have a whole lot of big names right now. Cousins/Bradley/Rondo/Dudley/KCP were all at a point in their career great, but not so much now. Resigning Caruso/McGee and getting Green were our best moves

Yea we have many players who are known for their past performances. Hope they can still have similar production thus coming season

All good, some reclamation project but basically Rondo, Dudley, Boogie are minimum signing, Bradley is exception (slightly below avg) and KCP is slightly above avg salary. Let’s Go win that chip
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject:

Best Lakers 1-2 punch since Kobe/Pau.

I'm looking forward to a more point forward oriented LBJ. Last year was a bit weird deferring to guys at times.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I worry when players 3-13 are very comparable on a roster. Reminds me of LBJ's last team in CLE and Boston last year.

If you use a steady rotation. No matter what. 3-4 players who can contribute are out of the rotation and that can breed discontent. Even players getting bench minutes can get upset.

Our coaching staff has it's work cut out for them. At least Hollins is known for keeping vet players happy.

I've been playing around on what the Lakers might or could do. Here are some starting lineup ideas:

1. LBJ, Green, Kuz, AD, DC. This leaves the bench without a main guy who can come in and set others up. We'd be looking at something like Rondo / Caruso, Bradley, KCP, Mcgee and depending they want either a Dudley or Cook as the bench mob. I'm not a fan of that rotation.

2. Bradley, Green, LBJ, Kuz, AD. AD probably doesnt want this, however. But Leaves DC on the bench to be the center piece of an inside-out game via the bench with shooters.

3. Bradley, Green, LBJ, AD, Mcgee. This is my personal favorite right now to start (and possibly end) games because of defense and a balance with guys who can hit the 3 - only downside is this has ok, but not great overall 3 point shooting (Green is the exception) - for that we need Cook and Daniels. Leaves Kuz and DM to lead the bench and even be around-mid game to work with AD and LBJ depending on lineups. Will have shooters that can obviously rotate in at different times to hit 3's.

There's others but those are the ones I've been playing with.

Number 3 is my personal favorite as well. I think it makes the most sense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bradley, Green, LBJ, AD, Mcgee.

This is also my projected starting 5.

You will then have Boogie/Kuz feasting on 2nd units.

KCP will get plenty of open shots and I think (hope) Caruso is running that unit. You would have decent perimeter defense b/w Caruso/KCP.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
Too many questions marks next to a lot of theses names to get over excited for me. Kuzma's development and Cousins health and commitment will be key aswell as Lebron and Davis's health. There is a wide range of possible outcomes for this squad. From missing the playoffs to possibly winning a chip.

Why is Lebron health a question mark?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
I love how someone tries to post something positive and like clockwork the glass half empty folks come in here and focus on one or two negative things, sometimes without any basis in fact. It's like being served a great meal and complaining the garnish was missing.

Like the person who trashed KCP or the one who says Caruso fg% was reach. It’s what he shot. I didn’t make it up or say that he’ll repeat it but what he % shows is that he can be a 3 pt threat. The high 30s would be awesome.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Vin wrote:

No reason in particular except being the main guy on our team at an advanced age in a progressively younger man's league. He'll be forced to work harder as the athletic/speed advantages he had over others reduces and since he doesn't have MJ/Kobe-type moves to compensate... so there's more risk of injury as he grows older. I'm not saying he can't overcome this btw... he could by playing different than he has in the past... just trying to answer your question is all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Vin wrote:

No reason in particular except being the main guy on our team at an advanced age in a progressively younger man's league. He'll be forced to work harder as the athletic/speed advantages he had over others reduces and since he doesn't have MJ/Kobe-type moves to compensate... so there's more risk of injury as he grows older. I'm not saying he can't overcome this btw... he could by playing different than he has in the past... just trying to answer your question is all.

Yeah, basic age related suscepitibility to injury.

However, I'd argue that KL/PG have a higher potential to get injured (non-age related). In fact PG13 is still injured and recovering from two shoulder surgeries.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

However, I'd argue that KL/PG have a higher potential to get injured (non-age related). In fact PG13 is still injured and recovering from two shoulder surgeries.

:fingers_crossed:
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

:fingers_crossed:

Eh. Rather beat them fair and square. But PG13's racking up quite a lot of surgeries and injuries the past 2 summers.

KL we all know his history.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Vin wrote:

Kobe or MJ didn’t have certain advantages that Lebron has like his body. Kawhi has played less games than AD per season. PG isn’t an iron man either
Sharoon Francis
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Made this team on 2k

Lebron/rondo
Bradley/KCP
Green/Kuzma
Davis/Kuzma
Cousins/javale

These are the 9 guys in my rotation. I just pick them teams and watch the computer play it out. Beating down 01 lakers right now 73-38 with 2 mins left in the 2nd.

Blew out the 96 bulls 143-87

Next up is the 85 showtime lakers.

Luke Shaq and Kobe
Kareem and Shaq

Right now it’s the Heatles but I really think this will be an all-time great team.

Rondo, Bradley, cousins are really underrated signings. I love our bench

Could you please run these tests again, with the following lineup instead:

Lebron/rondo
KCP/Bradley
Green/Kuzma
Davis/Kuzma
Javale/Cousins

(Only switched Javale and KCP to starting lineup, to be more realistic on expectations.)

Last edited by Sharoon Francis on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Made this team on 2k

Lebron/rondo
Bradley/KCP
Green/Kuzma
Davis/Kuzma
Cousins/javale

These are the 9 guys in my rotation. I just pick them teams and watch the computer play it out. Beating down 01 lakers right now 73-38 with 2 mins left in the 2nd.

Luke Shaq and Kobe
Kareem and Shaq

Right now it’s the Heatles but I really think this will be an all-time great team.

Can you run a 2019-2020 season sim?

Yes we won. 2k thinks we have a legit big 3. Cousins puts up prime gasol numbers and he’s only a 83. He’s around 18/8 every game.

Our bench brings something. They all have well defined roles and they are good at them. Avery Bradley is perfect as a starting point since lebron does all the ball handling.

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

Sharoon Francis wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Made this team on 2k

Lebron/rondo
Bradley/KCP
Green/Kuzma
Davis/Kuzma
Cousins/javale

Luke Shaq and Kobe
Kareem and Shaq

Could you please run these tests again, with the following lineup instead:

Lebron/rondo
KCP/Bradley
Green/Kuzma
Davis/Kuzma
Javale/Cousins

(Only switched Javale and KCP to starting lineup, to be more conservative on expectations.)

Sure

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Like the person who trashed KCP or the one who says Caruso fg% was reach. It’s what he shot. I didn’t make it up or say that he’ll repeat it but what he % shows is that he can be a 3 pt threat. The high 30s would be awesome.

I just prefer to look at the overall picture, which seems mostly positive at the moment, rather than focus on a few possible weak spots in the rotation. Especially now, in the off season before the team gives us actual, verifiable reasons to p & m.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

Our future potential is horrible. There'll be no bridge between now and when Lebron is done. We need young talent.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Our future potential is horrible. There'll be no bridge between now and when Lebron is done. We need young talent.

Well. AD is 26. But I hear you. It would have been nice to have gotten that 23-24 year old future star to pair with AD. Who could that have been?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Vin wrote:

Age. He just had the first major injury of his career. This is when player's bodies typically start breaking down. Lebron might be a cyborg though so we'll see. He seems to be built more in the Karl Malone mold, who played until 40.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: