Are you a Laker fan AND a Clipper fan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you/did you root for the Clippers
Yes
4%
 4%  [ 9 ]
No
95%
 95%  [ 187 ]
Total Votes : 196

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

When I watch the Lakers I can experience a range of emotions.

When I watch the Clippers it is just one: Boredom.

I just cant. Not even with free tickets.

Now I just want to beat their arses. So I suppose I now have two emotions with them: Boredom and dislike.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

safari_in_cali wrote:
Clippers fans fall into the following categories:

- Fans of other teams who relocated to LA and embraced the Clippers because they always hated the Lakers.

- People who couldn't afford to go to Lakers games and found a way to watch other NBA teams for cheap by getting discounted Clippers tickets. Being at a game and not rooting for any team is not fun, so naturally they started rooting for the home team and calling themselves Clippers fans.

- People who consider themselves contrarians who like being unpopular just because they don't want to be a part of the crowd.

- Children whose parents fall into one of the three above categories.

toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject:

I could never root for the Clippers, they are one of four teams that i never liked (Celtics, Spurs and Kings being the other three).

For them it would be much better to move somewhere else (San Diego or Seattle), because no matter how good they are, they will never have any significant support in LA.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject:

Yeah, you who answer "yes" to this question should identify yourselves. This thread is just for fun and posterity. It's not like you'll be doxxed and then forced to watch you and your family members dragged, screaming, out of your beds into the moonlight and thrown into vans bound for separate uncharted gulags where you tacky pieces of crap will be sterilized and worked to death so that those who carry genes that could create someone who might root for the Clippers can be destroyed for the good of mankind.

The Order of Jerry's Temple is watching
loseyourname
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject:

I watched the Ralph Lawler/Bill Walton telecasts back in the 90s. I remember the old Loy Vaught led teams and feeling vaguely happy when they did well, but I didn't really care. Maybe like watching a local high school I didn't attend. But once I was an adult, there was no way to root for a franchise owned by Donald Sterling. It isn't the players faults, but he was a flat-out bad person and it was a great day when he was forced to sell. I don't know much about Ballmer and imagine word would be out if he was just straight evil like that, but he doesn't seem very likable.

All of their four good seasons or whatever it has been have mostly coincided with Lakers rebuilding years, though, so it's not like I feel real animosity toward them, even now. You're not a rival until you've faced off in the playoffs at least a few times.

Great for them and all that they signed a top free agent for literally the first time in franchise history. What's it going to mean, though? Media might fawn over them for a couple years, but is a real fan base going to come from this? Will they sustain this or are they going to be like the Cavaliers and luck out that a generational player is hometown and decides to play there, but they disappear back into obscurity as fast as they ascended? We'll see. They aren't worth hating yet.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

I don't like the Clippers, nor their uniforms colors, logo design, mascot, goofy owner, but especially not the fans. You will not find a bigger collection of obnoxious losers anywhere on the planet. When they're winning its like those subterranean termites that come out of the ground after it rains and the sun comes out. When they're losing you can't find a single trace of them. They don't have the courage to rep Clipper gear unless winning. The Clippers need to get the hell out of LA IMO.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Yeah, you who answer "yes" to this question should identify yourselves. This thread is just for fun and posterity. It's not like you'll be doxxed and then forced to watch you and your family members dragged, screaming, out of your beds into the moonlight and thrown into vans bound for separate uncharted gulags where you tacky pieces of crap will be sterilized and worked to death so that those who carry genes that could create someone who might root for the Clippers can be destroyed for the good of mankind.

Right here. One of the 8 stooges😂

I bleed purple and gold but I also root for the Clippers against other teams. I like the punchline. Players who donned purple and gold and played for us for awhile will always be a Laker for life. Players who put up the Clips jersey will never want to be associated with them except maybe Loy Vaught. Also we take care of our players while Sterling used to collect draft picks, develop them and sell them for more draft picks. Hes very particular on handing nice contracts. To his credit, he made the right call like laugh about Mo Taylor and Kandi man asking for ransom. He did paid Brand though. This is the reason players hated playing for him unless they are there to put up numbers. Players go to us to win.

But now they gonna be my most hated team.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
I don't like the Clippers, nor their uniforms colors, logo design, mascot, goofy owner, but especially not the fans. You will not find a bigger collection of obnoxious losers anywhere on the planet. When they're winning its like those subterranean termites that come out of the ground after it rains and the sun comes out. When they're losing you can't find a single trace of them. They don't have the courage to rep Clipper gear unless winning. The Clippers need to get the hell out of LA IMO.

This is true
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:

I bleed purple and gold but I also root for the Clippers against other teams. I like the punchline. Players who donned purple and gold and played for us for awhile will always be a Laker for life. Players who put up the Clips jersey will never want to be associated with them except maybe Loy Vaught. Also we take care of our players while Sterling used to collect draft picks, develop them and sell them for more draft picks. Hes very particular on handing nice contracts. To his credit, he made the right call like laugh about Mo Taylor and Kandi man asking for ransom. He did paid Brand though. This is the reason players hated playing for him unless they are there to put up numbers. Players go to us to win.

Sweet. At least we now know 2 of the 8.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

The problem with most Clippers fans in my experience, the moment they do something good or they don't do something good, they come and try to rub it in your face. Why is it that Clippers fan always come barking up our tree? We don't say anything to a Clippers fans as they have been after thoughts.

Clippers Nation on Twitter recently tried to call out the Lakers in a tweet about signing Avery Bradley.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

From day 1, as an L.A. native I always liked the Pirates and Angels. I used to root for the Cowboys (long ago), while the Vikings were my favorite. I always followed the Kings, but I enjoyed the Ducks winning a trophy before the Kings did.

Needless to say, I don't need anyone telling me how or who to root for. Do it your way, and I'll do it mine.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

We need a new emoji added to the database... one that has a Lakers smiley-face throwing up all over a Dippers smiley-face.
elBJ
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

Not a fan of either former San Diego team.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

HELL TO THA MUTHA (bleep) NO!!!!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

last clipper team i had respect for was in 2006 because that was a team they built on there own....

since 2012 they benefited from the trade veto. kicked out there cheap owner and replaced him with an obnoxious troll who emulates the lakers and stole our hall of famer as an executive (bleep) THE CLIPPERS I WANT THEM GONE OUT OF LOS ANGELES FOR EVER!!!
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Bruh I never met any die hard Lakers fan that also root for the Clips. It’s just mostly casual fans who root for home teams. Believe that.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

49 years in the NBA and nothing but futile losing year after year... Hell No I could never root for the Clippers. It makes me so uncomfortable, to even stop on any channel broadcasting that team, TV or Radio, I run past. Truth is I will watch any NBA game except the Clippers. Clipper fan's make me want to ware a hazmat suit when they start talking about "their team".
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

short answer is no. Long answer is no, you can’t be a fan of both teams
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
epak wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Bruh I never met any die hard Lakers fan that also root for the Clips. It’s just mostly casual fans who root for home teams. Believe that.

Yep. BTW, I didnt mean you were the other, if that's what it sounded like. We already know who the #1 Clippers fan on here is.

Also, I had to re-read the OP. He's definitely not rooting for the Clips.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
CRoost wrote:
epak wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Yep. BTW, I didnt mean you were the other, if that's what it sounded like. We already know who the #1 Clippers fan on here is.

Also, I had to re-read the OP. He's definitely not rooting for the Clips.

Yup. I'm much wiser and older. Under no circumstances would I root for the Clippers.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

Are you a lion AND a caterpillar?
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

BUCK THAT!!! NO!!!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

They deserve a place to call home.

And that place should be BFE during the summer.

That they were able to weasel a deal into our arena has always rubbed me raw.

Boston, SA, Queens, Aaron Mintz, PG, #2, Giants, Donkeys, and then at the bottom of my list is the Paperclips.

#BannersOverBillboards
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Lol @ at the 8 people who voted yes. Delete your accounts.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

who voted yes? immediate ban.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: