Will Lebron go RINGLESS as a Laker after tonight's recent events?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Will Lebron go RINGLESS as a Laker after tonight's recent events?

The Clippers now have two allstars(one just coming off a finals MVP), both young and in thier primes who also play excellent D, a better bench, better roles players, better coach, better management and owner with super deep pockets.

Lakers on the other hand have an aging Lebron and AD who always misses game due to injury. Oh yeah they also have Jared Dudley.

They also sent away a ton of draft picks.....

Do you think Lebron wins a ring as a Laker? The Clippers were already pretty good last year without any stars and now they have 2 very good ones. With KD in the east and Klay out, the west is wide open.....

BTW I wonder if Lebron had any idea of the possibility of this happening tonight....Dude showed up at a summer league game all blinged out, almost like he wanted to be seen. I personally don't think he goes to that game to be on camera if he knew Kawhi not signing was a possibility. With how much this guy loves the media, it wouldn't surprise me if he purposely wore all that jewelry to be shown on camera calling Kawhi congratulating him...

And someone just below me in the thread mentioned AD is on a one year deal. Totally forgot about that. If this season isn't a success(going deep in the playoffs/finals), AD could easily go somewhere else. Imagine if Jerry West managed to get AD next offseason? Talk about the nail in the coffin.

We'd then have a 36 year old Lebron. Can't imagine too many all-stars wanting to play with a guy that is that old.

We're in a for a scary ride, buckle up...

Last edited by george w kush on Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject:

Yes.
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject:

chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Will Lebron go RINGLESS as a Laker after tonight's recent events?

george w kush wrote:
The Clippers now have two allstars(one just coming off a finals MVP), both young and in thier primes who also play excellent D, a better bench, better roles players, better coach, better management and owner with super deep pockets.

Lakers on the other hand have an aging Lebron and AD who always misses game due to injury. Oh yeah they also have Chris Dudley.

They also sent away a ton of draft picks.....

Do you think Lebron wins a ring as a Laker? The Clippers were already pretty good last year without any stars and now they have 2 very good ones. With KD in the east and Klay out, the west is wide open.....

BTW I wonder if Lebron had any idea of the possibility of this happening tonight....Dude showed up at a summer league game all blinged out, almost like he wanted to be seen. I personally don't think he goes to that game to be on camera if he knew Kawhi not signing was a possibility. With how much this guy loves the media, it wouldn't surprise me if he purposely wore all that jewelry to be shown on camera calling Kawhi congratulating him...

1. Ok this is being overblown. Doc Rivers gets way to much credit for his lone championship. That was due to KG, Pierce, Allen and Thibs. We have a good coaching staff. Vogel, Hollins and Kidd. I will take those 3 over Doc.

2. Clippers way over achieved last season. Folks here keep listening to the media. The Clippers took GS to 6 games only because GS took them lightly. And yes they over achieved.

3. PG13 is not that good. He just had shoulder surgery. He could not win with Westbrook. All of a sudden he will win with Kwak. These Clippers over achieved. Now they will not get the same touches with these 2 players. Its how they blend in. Will they take a back seat. Ask Boston, when Kyrie came back.

4. Kwak just got a championship. He is a great player, but played out of his mind because it was a contract year and he played loose. In addition, everyone acts like LBJ is done. He is still the best in the world. He is rested and fully healthy. I will take the Brow and Bron over Kwak and PG13 any day. And Kwak only won because KD was hurt. Everyone knows that. And so does he. Philly now would take Toronto.

5. Way to much respect for Ballmer. He is a clown. He was forced out of Microsoft and only is rich due to William Gates, the mastermind behind the beginning of Microsoft. He ran Microsoft to the ground. Then Nadella took over and the stock took off. I wonder why.

Last edited by chains on Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject:

I hate to be pessimistic but yes.its very possible.

We are one significant bron or AD injury away from being in the same position as last year except with less picks.

It terrifies me that AD is on a 1 year deal.

He will test free agency and if we thought kawhiwatch was bad....wait until we could potentially lose him for nothing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject:

Sadly yes! The clippers are the favorites to win it all in the next couple of years
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject:

AD >>> PG no?
McGee >>Harrell no?
Clippers still don’t have a play maker unless you’re counting on George to do what Lebron does.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject:

AD >>> PG no?
McGee >>Harrell no?
Clippers still don’t have a play maker unless you’re counting on George to do what Lebron does.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject:

At the risk of this comment being linked back to in the event we win a championship this year...I would trade LeBron for Ben Simmons asap.

I would then later fire Pelinka as the fall guy for trading LeBron(a ruse so AD re-signs next summer).

I'd rather have Simmons/AD going forward than LeBron/AD for the next couple years.

And that Clipper team is about to bulldoze the league, barring injury.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject:

I think so.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject:

We seriously (bleep) up waiting for Kawhi while everyone else got better..We didn't need a 3rd superstar what we needed was quality role players who could defend and shoot..(bleep) hell man im pissed.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
We seriously (bleep) up waiting for Kawhi while everyone else got better..We didn't need a 3rd superstar what we needed was quality role players who could defend and shoot..(bleep) hell man im pissed.

We need a (bleep) PG. I would have killed for Mike Conley.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
At the risk of this comment being linked back to in the event we win a championship this year...I would trade LeBron for Ben Simmons asap.

I would then later fire Pelinka as the fall guy for trading LeBron(a ruse so AD re-signs next summer).

I'd rather have Simmons/AD going forward than LeBron/AD for the next couple years.

I dont see them dominating at all unless they sign some quality players on top of those 2..Kawhi left a better team to join the clippers..He will have to do way more as a clipper than he did as a Raptor..No more load managment he'll have the ball in his hands to create along with PG..Raptors had multiple ball handlers who could create for themselves and others..Clippers dont have that.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

Clippers just did to us what Brooklyn did to the Knicks.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

Car54 wrote:
AD >>> PG no?
McGee >>Harrell no?

Kawhi just won a title with Pascal Siakam and Kyle Lowry as his best teammates.

Think he'll find a way to compete with Paul George and Lou Williams.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
TMG wrote:

We need a (bleep) PG. I would have killed for Mike Conley.

This x10000 we should have gone for these type of players..Hell i'd kill for Beverly or DLO

Now whats left? We dont even have a legit PG and i hope to god Rondo doesn't come back to start.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

Be careful what you ask for. They can still make trades you know....and it is Jerry West and not Rob 'signing KCP is like bread falling from the sky' Pelinka.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:

You can't win with Simmons, the guy who refuses to attempt shots on your team.

LeBron/AD is way better and then when LeBron's contract expires the Lakers have set it up so they'll have cap space to chase someone else.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Clippers just did to us what Brooklyn did to the Knicks.

The difference is that we have two of the top players in the league, while the Knicks have DSJ and Knox.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject:

It's very likely that the answer is yes.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject:

Sometimes I wonder whether you guys even root more for this team to win or for you to be proven right.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

You can't win with Simmons, the guy who refuses to attempt shots on your team.

LeBron/AD is way better and then when LeBron's contract expires the Lakers have set it up so they'll have cap space to chase someone else.

Someone else that will just take us for a ride and then sign on a different team
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject:

The issue is we dont have any way of improving our roster except to use Kuz. Lebron is aging. There is a good chance that in two years, we are basically the Los Angeles version of the 2018 Pelicans. Lakers took a huge gamble and lost. Lebron is going to have to pay the price for that as well.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject:

LBJ's never won a chip without a big 3. Not sure at age 34-35 he'll do it now.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject:

He might.

Outside of Klutch clients, no one is looking eager to join 35 year old Lebron.

Can’t blame Warriors super team anymore...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: