THANK YOU DANNY GREEN (Traded to Philadelphia, from OKC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Maybe the worst big money player we hav3 had since Brian Grant.

Nah, Brian Grant was long cooked even before he got here in the Shaq trade, Danny Green still has plenty of tank left, it’s all mental with Green while Grant was physically and mentally done as a player.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Maybe the worst big money player we hav3 had since Brian Grant.

I thought that was Mosgov and Deng
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

Danny Green is a much better player then Mozgov and Deng and definitely better then Grant it’s all mental with Green right now once he settles down you will see his Impact showing more in games, let’s respect our players.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Danny Green isn't making the type of money the other guys did (cap percentage wise).
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Danny Green is a much better player then Mozgov and Deng and definitely better then Grant it’s all mental with Green right now once he settles down you will see his Impact showing more in games, let’s respect our players.

Honestly, he's an EXTREMELY streaky shooter so while the struggles from deep have been bad I could kind of write that off and hope he hits that confident groove going into the Playoffs.

The problem though is his effort has been borderline pathetic on the defensive end especially for all 3 games of the bubble thus far. It took until the 3rd game to finally realize it might be a good idea to take advantage of the closing defense at times when you're struggling and drive closer to the basket to get an easier shot when you're ice cold. These last two things should not be such an issue with a proven veteran like him with imo. I have no doubt he will have a great 3 point shooting game at some point but how may awful games will it take to get that good one? Like I say with Kuz as long as he puts the consistent effort in other aspects of the game i'm fine with bad shooting nights, they happen. While Kuz is now showing that Green's other aspects of his game which even just require simple effort and a little bbiq he's failing at. That's my concern personally. Maybe he's waiting until the actual Playoffs which would be a nice surprise but pretty bad when you got a guy like Lebron out there playing his ass off on both ends.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

For his career, Deng was probably better than Green. Deng just sucked for us.

As far as Green, he had one playoff for a ring team where he shot 48% for 3s and another playoff for a ring team where he shot 33% for 3s.

Green can go hot or cold in an instance. I don't know if it's "mental." He's just a streaky 3-point shooter, like many guys, and since 70% of his shots are 3-pointers the streakiness is very obvious with him.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:19 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sorry IG...settle down? He hasn't settled down since the finals last year. Let's respect our players? No...lets be honest on how are players are playing and consider the fact Green has slowed down fast. Again..6 ppg and 32% shooting in the finals... This year 8 ppg 36% from 3's...what is that? 2 three pointers a game and a field goal? For $15 million....not to mention subpar defense. We should have let him sign with Dallas...The guy is a $5 million a year player at best right now. I will be the first to apologize if he turns it around...not just one game..a good play-off run. Otherwise good luck trading this guy in the off season at $15 million. I don't care how good a guy he is in the locker room...so is Jarred Dudley.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject:

Maybe if Green gave up his TV/pod show and concentrated on basketball...
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sorry IG...settle down? He hasn't settled down since the finals last year. Let's respect our players? No...lets be honest on how are players are playing and consider the fact Green has slowed down fast. Again..6 ppg and 32% shooting in the finals... This year 8 ppg 36% from 3's...what is that? 2 three pointers a game and a field goal? For $15 million....not to mention subpar defense. We should have let him sign with Dallas...The guy is a $5 million a year player at best right now. I will be the first to apologize if he turns it around...not just one game..a good play-off run. Otherwise good luck trading this guy in the off season at $15 million. I don't care how good a guy he is in the locker room...so is Jarred Dudley.

Some of you guys are sounding like you're off your rocker. Danny Green is far from a streaky shooter. He's shot under 36% from 3 all of twice in 11 seasons while shooting over 40% in 5 seasons. He's currently not having a great shooting year, but he's still shooting 37% from 3 on the season. The thing that's streaky is his attempts, not his consistency.

Now that said, he's been bad during the bubble. However I'm sure the law of averages will kick in and he'll go on a hot streak, hopefully when we need it most. Despite his offensive struggles, his defense has been pretty good at times
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject:

You mean one of the decent defenders on the team and a guy that barely gets his number called on a set play for a shot, isn't hitting?

Maybe it's just me, but the time intervals between shots is really long. How does a player get rhythm?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

Yeah I understand Green has been a disappointment, but knowing that he has so much playoff experience and success I’m hopeful he’s gonna bring it during the playoffs.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
You mean one of the decent defenders on the team and a guy that barely gets his number called on a set play for a shot, isn't hitting?

Maybe it's just me, but the time intervals between shots is really long. How does a player get rhythm?

I get you Mike....but that's why IMO $30 million for 2 years for what he brings is way over paying..$30 million for a decent defender, a gut that barley shoots and goes a long time between shots. AC gives you the same for a fraction of the price.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I get you Mike....but that's why IMO $30 million for 2 years for what he brings is way over paying..$30 million for a decent defender, a gut that barley shoots and goes a long time between shots. AC gives you the same for a fraction of the price.

As opposed to losing him for $12mil to Dallas and replacing him with...?

$15mil imho is actually current value. Toronto optimized him better than the Lakers currently do.

I'd rather not run the team like the Houston Rockets. It's not like LAL needs to penny pinch when going for a championship run.

King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

$15mil imho is actually current value. Toronto optimized him better than the Lakers currently do.

I'd rather not run the team like the Houston Rockets. It's not like LAL needs to penny pinch when going for a championship run.

Fair enough...agree to disagree. I think it's a huge over pay..I would have given it to Terrence Ross, JJ Redick, Jeremy Lamb, Seth Curry if thy were willing to wait for Kawhi's decision...maybe they wouldn't have but I sure would have at least tried to call them first.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Fair enough...agree to disagree. I think it's a huge over pay..I would have given it to Terrence Ross, JJ Redick, Jeremy Lamb, Seth Curry if thy were willing to wait for Kawhi's decision...maybe they wouldn't have but I sure would have at least tried to call them first.

I disagree, only because those are the guys that'll get targeted in the playoffs.

Danny Green is surprisingly effective against Kawhi.

King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I disagree, only because those are the guys that'll get targeted in the playoffs.

Danny Green is surprisingly effective against Kawhi.

Let's discuss after they match up in the play-offs....I very much hope you're right.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Nice to see him finally making some shots. Kept us in the game.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

It hurts me watching him run.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Green sucks ass.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Grandpa Simpson icon is right...
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Grandpa Simpson icon is right...

I thought he just had good posture.
But it turns out he's just... I don't know.
Watching him try to chance down a ball going out of bounds and just giving up on it. lol.

But glad he hit his shots today.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Trash
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Reminds me of Mike Miller when he was on the heat... But hopes he comes up big like Miller.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

haha it looks like he's out there trying to run in some house slippers. I remember earlier in the season a friend was telling me that his little cousin cracks up every time he sees danny and is pretty much all he cares about when the games on .

Nice to see him in the last two games make much better reads offensively though. He's had some nice passes and some nice drives when the defense over pursuits. Still not living up to his defensive reputation much at all but he was not quite as bad which if he plays more at this level im completely satisfied considering how much worse it can easily get as we have all seen.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Why is Green so famous to begin with? He’s never averaged more than 11 ppg.

Hit two big threes tonight though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 20 of 44
Jump to: