Troy Daniels Waived (Troy says Goodbye - pg.8)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
"TREY" DANIELS!!!!

LOL. Great nick name!

Having spent all of last year watching the Lakers, I nearly went into shock when his three's kept dropping.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile my namesake is still bricking his treys (3-12)! TD could be a Godsend for our bench mob this year.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject:

Daniels, Green, Bradley, Dudley, and Norvell Jr. were all good signings.

Pope, Rondo, Cook, and McGee is where they went wrong.

- Pope because he's too expensive.

- Rondo and Cook because they really needed a point guard who could not only run an offense (like Rondo) and shoot (like Cook), but also create their own offense.

- And McGee because, with Davis playing Center full-time there was no need for another center at McGee's price point.

Not including Payton and Malone, Daniels, Dudley, and Norvell Jr. are two of the best value contracts the Lakers have had in a very long time.

Very savvy signings as they waited for Leonard.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject:

He stepped up last night, good for him. Need those value contracts to compete in this league.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Him and Lebron had the highest +\-. Daniels and Green in the same line up with Davis at the C is just too much firepower for anyone including the clips.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

It's a big bonus if he can stay a rotational player and keep hitting those 3's at a good clip. Especially if he can put in the effort on defense.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

Easy to play him when his shot is dropping. Career 40% shooter from 3. I just think he's so one-dimensional that he should be on a short leash if he's having an off night like against the Clippers. Nice game last night though. It's so refreshing to see the ball go through the net after so many years of being at the bottom of the league from 3.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Easy to play him when his shot is dropping. Career 40% shooter from 3. I just think he's so one-dimensional that he should be on a short leash if he's having an off night like against the Clippers. Nice game last night though. It's so refreshing to see the ball go through the net after so many years of being at the bottom of the league from 3.

Yeah man. Seeing our players make their free throws is another refreshing change from recent years.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

That’s why he’s a role player on a min contract tho.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Yeah man. Seeing our players make their free throws is another refreshing change from recent years.

For sure! I used to treat getting free throws as a turnover
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

That’s why he’s a role player on a min contract tho.

Yeah I was happy with the signing. A lot of people said we didn't need him but I said you can never have too many shooters. It's just how Vogel decides to use him. I think all the guards outside of Bradley/Green should be on a tight leash. Outside those two, ride whoever has the hot hand. Last night TD shot 4-8 from 3. That'll get it done.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

He's better than KCP. Even on defense at least Daniels is putting in effort without picking up dumb fouls. KCP has that fake hustle on D that results in fouls usually. Meanwhile, he's 0-9 shooting on the season, complete liability.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

I'm a huge believer of daniels.. I think coach Vogel figured this out because yesterday I saw this line up

Caruso
Daniels
Green
LeBron
Davis

When Kuzma comes back this will be our new best line up

Daniels
Green
Kuzma
LeBron
Davis

The offense looked crispy! Only that type of spacing will save you from all those 6"9 guys the clippers have.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

--Anonymous
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Finally!
And LBJ changed his free throw form. So far, so good.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

He's better than KCP. Even on defense at least Daniels is putting in effort without picking up dumb fouls. KCP has that fake hustle on D that results in fouls usually. Meanwhile, he's 0-9 shooting on the season, complete liability.

While I'm not a huge fan of KCP I've found myself coming to his defense a few times. I cringed a little when Staples center boo'd him at the free throw line last night . He would've put up another donut game if he hadn't hit that 2nd FT. For now he's really making me look foolish, but I still don't think he's as bad as he's played the first two games. He wasn't even this bad last season. Daniels is definitely more useful rn.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

Troy Daniels signing looking NOICE to quote the venerable Stu Lantz.

This dude can shoot the pill my Laker Brothers and Sisters.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Daniels, Green, Bradley, Dudley, and Norvell Jr. were all good signings.

Pope, Rondo, Cook, and McGee is where they went wrong.

- Pope because he's too expensive.

- Rondo and Cook because they really needed a point guard who could not only run an offense (like Rondo) and shoot (like Cook), but also create their own offense.

- And McGee because, with Davis playing Center full-time there was no need for another center at McGee's price point.

Not including Payton and Malone, Daniels, Dudley, and Norvell Jr. are two of the best value contracts the Lakers have had in a very long time.

Very savvy signings as they waited for Leonard.

I think McGee and Cook were both fine signings, Rondo was okay - I think people are way too negative on him. If he could give 15 MPG then I think it's a good signing. KCP signing was mind boggling though.

McGee was signed before both Cousins and Howard btw and at the price for both how can you argue McGee/Howard center rotation is bad? Also who said AD would be playing center full-time?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Really impressive defensive effort from him against Utah. If he can keep that up, his shooting becomes even more valuable.
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Hit your shots.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Guy needs to make open looks or he’ll be inactive for many games.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject:

I still believe in this signing, even if he eventually is out of the rotation. It's depth guys like this that help teams win championships.

If a rotation shooter goes down, Daniels can fill-in and contribute right away with an edge after being on the end of the bench.

This was a great signing.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

Don’t think the guy has ever played in high pressure situations. This might mean he’ll be more of a bust shooting wise when on the road.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Don’t think the guy has ever played in high pressure situations. This might mean he’ll be more of a bust shooting wise when on the road.

If he was on Dallas playing us he would have drained everyone of those 3 pointers
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Guy needs to make open looks or he’ll be inactive for many games.

Yeah, I remember him missing 3 wide open looks off the top of my head. He's getting paid to hit those shots. I just keep reminding myself he's a 40% shooter from deep through 6 seasons. Hopefully the law of averages wins out and not the laker shooter curse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: