OFFICIAL Zach Norvell THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

lounger wrote:
pio2u wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Zach Norvelle with 11 points and 8 assists vs Sacramento today.

Maybe he can play a little point guard?

made the game-winning trey too.

Ice in his veins?

That would be PG Jordan Howard who made 5 straight 4th qtr 3's to bring his team back from down 20 with less than 8 minutes. Some DEEP ones too. They better get this guy in camp. He scored 25 on floaters, falling left like Lou Will, pulling up, and Damian range 3's once the team realized he should be the go to guy. 17 4th qtr points put his team in position to win in the end. I was impressed!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Howard, Norvell, Holman, maybe Mathias. those are the guys I'm interested in
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sam Vecenie
@Sam_Vecenie
·
6h
I had Norvell as a top-40 guy in this class. He’s had a really really strong start to the Summer League that makes me wonder if he can maybe help LA a touch this year given what will likely be a team without a ton of depth
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I didn't see the game but was mighty impressed by Jordan Howard's 3-pt stats (and Zach as well)

Question for anyone who watched the game:

is Jordan a spot up shooter or is he shooting as he is moving?
Is Jordan a shooter w quick release? (ala Svi?)

Thanks in advance
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
I didn't see the game but was mighty impressed by Jordan Howard's 3-pt stats (and Zach as well)

Thanks in advance

Jordan is a very small 6' PG. Buuut dude is a legit shotmaker, I have no idea who's better between him and the dude the Celtics drafted in the 40s Waters. He's impressed the crap out of me. Even in the midrange and floaters his shots look good. He shoots 3s on the move
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Jordan is a very small 6' PG. Buuut dude is a legit shotmaker, I have no idea who's better between him and the dude the Celtics drafted in the 40s Waters. He's impressed the crap out of me. Even in the midrange and floaters his shots look good. He shoots 3s on the move

Thank you for keeping it real.. and also for keeping an eye on the chowderhead picks
Him being on OUR summer league team, doesn't give us first dibs, so I sure hope someone from FO is looking to lock him up, rather than scoping all the private parties upstairs, looking for the menage-e-trois (AD, KL, LJ)
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Thanks in advance

My layman's opinion going off the highlights... he seems small and not very athletic/strong. I doubt he can provide value to the first team off the bench.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Thanks in advance

My layman's opinion going off the highlights... he seems small and not very athletic/strong. I doubt he can provide value to the first team off the bench.

Gotcha! Thanks
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Thanks in advance

He is very good at probing and dissecting the defense for openings to penetrate or stop and pop. This is a skill in itself.

Really nice handles and body control to create space to get his shot off. Not a quick release and has a lower shot pocket but with the space he creates he is able to comfortably get his shot in most cases. Shot also has a high arc which helps.

Hasn't shown true PG type skills (vision, passing) but is adequate in this area.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Thanks in advance

I think the 1st was straight away. 2nd was a catch and shoot from the right wing. Another was a distant heat check straight away. Another off a pick was a catch and shoot where he came from the paint and went up to the top for another catch and shoot; last was deep left wing, I think slightly fading. It was a very impressive display. They weren't stand still jumpers.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Quote:
Sam Vecenie
@Sam_Vecenie
·
6h
I had Norvell as a top-40 guy in this class. He’s had a really really strong start to the Summer League that makes me wonder if he can maybe help LA a touch this year given what will likely be a team without a ton of depth

He needs to work on his right hand. Primarily drives to his left. Also needs a floater instead of attempting to finish at the rim all the time.

Needs to work shooting off the dribble.

Can be effective this year as a spot up shooter. Also in these 3 games has played within the offensive system.

Physically he can compete against NBA athletes and he does not hurt the team defensively
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Thanks in advance

I think the 1st was straight away. 2nd was a catch and shoot from the right wing. Another was a distant heat check straight away. Another off a pick was a catch and shoot where he came from the paint and went up to the top for another catch and shoot; last was deep left wing, I think slightly fading. It was a very impressive display. They weren't stand still jumpers.

He appears to be a rhythm type shooter who works best coming off movement. Unlike Norvell who seems best off a catch and shoot.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Quote:
Sam Vecenie
@Sam_Vecenie
·
6h

He needs to work on his right hand. Primarily drives to his left. Also needs a floater instead of attempting to finish at the rim all the time.

Can be effective this year as a spot up shooter. Also in these 3 games has played within the offensive system.

Physically he can compete against NBA athletes and he does not hurt the team defensively

his feet were actually looking slow today, I think his hips are also indicted in this --- which also hurts his burst off the dribble on O. Got burned a couple times today guarding the ball. was worrisome to me. After i originally liked his pressure D instincts in the first game --- but now see the athletic flaws coming through.
I actually think Howard is just as good if not better of a prospect. Holman has a chance to develop into something too. Pretty rare to get 3 guys who have rotation potential at some point and I think we have that.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:26 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I actually think Howard is just as good if not better of a prospect. Holman has a chance to develop into something too. Pretty rare to get 3 guys who have rotation potential at some point and I think we have that.

Re: Howard... honestly, when watching the highlights, the thought crossed my mind that having a guy so small on the summer league team is pointless from the perspective of trying to develop guys who can help the first team. Sure, he had a nice showing... but that's just a good personal moment for him... and means nothing to the first team. Really doesn't.

In terms of rotation potential, I think these guys might have it. So I'm hoping they get the bulk of the minutes.

Marcus Allen (G)
Miller-McIntyre (G)
Norvell (G)
Mathias (G)
Cacok (F)
Caroline (F)
Holman (F/C)
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Re: Howard... honestly, when watching the highlights, the thought crossed my mind that having a guy so small on the summer league team is pointless from the perspective of trying to develop guys who can help the first team. Sure, he had a nice showing... but that's just a good personal moment for him... and means nothing to the first team. Really doesn't.

In terms of rotation potential, I think these guys might have it. So I'm hoping they get the bulk of the minutes.

Marcus Allen (G)
Miller-McIntyre (G)
Norvell (G)
Mathias (G)
Cacok (F)
Caroline (F)
Holman (F/C)

then why was Tremont Waters like a consensus top 50 prospect according to NBA teams? being 6' and under is tough, but there are traits that make it work and actually advantageous in some ways -- and Howard is making his small size look advantageous in terms of passing angles and creating space. and you have to be able to shoot the crap out of the ball. and he can do that. not just from 3 but this guy is a bucket w every type of shot

Cacok had finishing yips the first game and his college fans says he gets that around length , and he's tiny for his position. Caroline thinks he's far more skilled off the dribble than he is.. Allen is solid. and Miller idk. these are the fringe guys that i don't care for
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Marcus Allen (G)
Miller-McIntyre (G)
Norvell (G)
Mathias (G)
Cacok (F)
Caroline (F)
Holman (F/C)

Used to think similarly but too many small guards are popping up on NBA rosters with some having significant impact.

Also not sure what you mean by first team.

All either 6' or less in height.

Patty Mills
JJ Barea
Fred VanVleet
Kyle Lowry
Yogi Ferrell
Chris Paul
Frank Mason
Isaiah Thomas

Just drafted
Tremont Waters
Carsen Edwards

Jordan's brother Markus should be drafted next year.

I am sure most herel would not mind having a few of these players on the Lakers

edit: forgot about Muggsy Bogues and Spud Webb
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Quote:
Sam Vecenie
@Sam_Vecenie
·
6h

his feet were actually looking slow today, I think his hips are also indicted in this --- which also hurts his burst off the dribble on O. Got burned a couple times today guarding the ball. was worrisome to me. After i originally liked his pressure D instincts in the first game --- but now see the athletic flaws coming through.

I see the average athleticism with lack of burst or explosiveness. I think he sees the court well on defense and does not overplay for the steal but I see he would have issues with quicker guards.

Holman has really nice lateral movement imo. Able to mirror his man well from what I have seen. Also his rim protection as a help defender is very good.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject:

Ya Holman has real potential. As a PF for his first 3-4 years though , he’s 210lbs..but he can really block shots, and jumper has legit potential. He and AD on the court together would swat a lot of shots , and he could space it for AD. Couple years. Easy 2 way contact imo
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

A deleted comment that didn't age well after KL joined the Clippers.

--Anonymous

Last edited by Annihilator on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnackilleOatmeal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm still shocked he went undrafted; our scouting department is excellent in finding late 2nd round/undrafted gems like this one
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

Zach Norvell Jr. stats thru 2 SL games

10.0 Pts, 29% FG, 2.0 rebs, 3.5 asists
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

22 points tonight vs warriors.

Michael Redd 2.0.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
22 points tonight vs warriors.

Michael Redd 2.0.

Michael Redd when Redd was a rookie? Sure, I'll accept that take.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Norvell was impressive, dude has nice offensive game. Showed it in summer league too
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

We need Norvell and Tucker to show promise and replenish the youth stock. Too bad every coaching regime makes decisions based on politics, seniority, etc. Norvell has looked better than some of our 8 figure players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10
Jump to: