SPECULATION: Lethal Shooter hired as Lakers shooting coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
It goes in a lot.. but it has a ton of wasted motion considering he takes it far on top of his head.. which takes longer. He doesn’t teach that to his clients but all of his tips for techniques that compliment a stroke motion seem to be things that help his stroke specifically. Like he’s against the hand being under the ball, and a player’s first step after he shoots being a relaxed step backwards. These things don’t work for his cumbersome form specifically, but work for other players, other shooting coaches teach these things. I think being a shooting coach is about having a big toolbag, and finding what fits that player’s form. He seems outright against a lot of tools.....

His shot is a bit unorthodox but it does go in.

About the hands under the ball, I saw his video about hand placement but on his shot it does appear his hand goes under and the ball flight has a consistent high arc suggesting the wrist needs to be under to get this result.

Your thoughts.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Talks about having it rough so I am assume he was not getting a gig because perhaps he's not very good...

just my thought...
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Why didn't we hire him while Zo was still here?

Don't know if he works miracles,

Hard to work with a guy whose been injured for three straight summers and a lot of the regular season. Not expecting to see great improvement in Zo's shooting again this season.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Talks about having it rough so I am assume he was not getting a gig because perhaps he's not very good...

just my thought...

no he's been working with a lot of NBA guys and probably college guys too. As far as clientele his resume is good, he's not a new comer and I bet he's been living well from all the pro clients he's had. Probably just talking about humble beginnings. He's had offers from teams before and turned them down like a lot of skill coaches do, because it's just easier schedule wise and life wise to be like an individual contractor
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
It goes in a lot.. but it has a ton of wasted motion considering he takes it far on top of his head.. which takes longer. He doesn’t teach that to his clients but all of his tips for techniques that compliment a stroke motion seem to be things that help his stroke specifically. Like he’s against the hand being under the ball, and a player’s first step after he shoots being a relaxed step backwards. These things don’t work for his cumbersome form specifically, but work for other players, other shooting coaches teach these things. I think being a shooting coach is about having a big toolbag, and finding what fits that player’s form. He seems outright against a lot of tools.....

His shot is a bit unorthodox but it does go in.

About the hands under the ball, I saw his video about hand placement but on his shot it does appear his hand goes under and the ball flight has a consistent high arc suggesting the wrist needs to be under to get this result.

Your thoughts.

Personally don't like his shot cuz all of the wasted motion, but it's consistent and it goes in. He's got techniques he talks about that help players relax before going into their shooting motion - and with his cumbersome shot, he seems impervious to contests, and I bet it's because of the breathing/relaxation techniques he teaches.. He gets good arc, good trajectory, good shot prep which he always harps on.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

just my thought...

no he's been working with a lot of NBA guys and probably college guys too. As far as clientele his resume is good, he's not a new comer and I bet he's been living well from all the pro clients he's had. Probably just talking about humble beginnings. He's had offers from teams before and turned them down like a lot of skill coaches do, because it's just easier schedule wise and life wise to be like an individual contractor

Rather have Glen Rice, Ray Allen, Peja, Nash...people that actually shoot well and have a proven history.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Lethal shooter

Sounds like the ultimate used car salesman of shooting coaches
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

I started following him on IG about a year and a half ago and he seems to have worked with a lot of people in the league. If the Lakers did hire him, I assume they consulted Kuz, KCP and Mcgee as he worked with all them recently.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Lethal shooter

Sounds like the ultimate used car salesman of shooting coaches

Maybe average shooter would have been better
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

So we sign a shooting coach after we trade the youth. This FO, smh
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

just my thought...

Rather have Glen Rice, Ray Allen, Peja, Nash...people that actually shoot well and have a proven history.

Joel Embiid wrote:
So I’m chilling one night, and I go on YouTube, and I’m thinking I’m about to figure this shooting thing out.

I go to the search box like….

HOW TO SHOOT 3 POINTERS.

Nah.

HOW TO SHOOT GOOD FORM

Nah.

Then the light bulb went off, man. I typed in the magic words.

WHITE PEOPLE SHOOTING 3 POINTERS.

Listen, I know it’s a stereotype, but have you ever seen a normal, 30-year-old white guy shoot a three-pointer? That elbow is tucked, man. The knees are bent. The follow-through is perfect. Always. You know how in America, there’s always an older guy wearing like EVERLAST sweat-shorts at the court? That guy is always a problem. His J is always wet.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/joel-embiid-its-story-time
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

just my thought...

Joel Embiid wrote:
So I’m chilling one night, and I go on YouTube, and I’m thinking I’m about to figure this shooting thing out.

HOW TO SHOOT 3 POINTERS.

Nah.

HOW TO SHOOT GOOD FORM

Nah.

Listen, I know it’s a stereotype, but have you ever seen a normal, 30-year-old white guy shoot a three-pointer? That elbow is tucked, man. The knees are bent. The follow-through is perfect. Always. You know how in America, there’s always an older guy wearing like EVERLAST sweat-shorts at the court? That guy is always a problem. His J is always wet.

So Steve Nash then.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Hire Steve Nash
forzaCOREA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

check his ig, i been following him for awhile.

https://www.instagram.com/lethalshooter/
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Maybe try doing some research before trashing the guy. He's a very well known celebrity shooting coach. There are lots of celebrity clients, college athletes and NBA players he's worked with. He's worked with Steph, KCP, Candace Parker, Nolan Smith, Kent Bazemore, Stephen Jackson and many others.

Please stop bashing this guy. I actually know him and he's a great dude. From my area near Washington D.C

Pretty sure Steph's father is the one who taught Steph.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Ed Palubinskas
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Ed+Palubinskas

^^Got Shaq to near 80% free throws for a stretch.. but Shaq wanted to eat him so he got fired and back ot 50% he went
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Maybe try doing some research before trashing the guy. He's a very well known celebrity shooting coach. There are lots of celebrity clients, college athletes and NBA players he's worked with. He's worked with Steph, KCP, Candace Parker, Nolan Smith, Kent Bazemore, Stephen Jackson and many others.

Please stop bashing this guy. I actually know him and he's a great dude. From my area near Washington D.C

Pretty sure Steph's father is the one who taught Steph.

Worked with and taught fundamentals is different
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

just my thought...

Joel Embiid wrote:

HOW TO SHOOT 3 POINTERS.

Nah.

HOW TO SHOOT GOOD FORM

Nah.

The worst is when they look like this dude
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Was going through his Tweets. He has a photo with Anthony Davis on June 7 and says "this is a Summer that will go down in History".

I think he knew that the trade was happening a week before it happened.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure KCP's 3pt% improved a lot after working with Lethal Shooter. Unless I read something wrong
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
I'm pretty sure KCP's 3pt% improved a lot after working with Lethal Shooter. Unless I read something wrong

not sure when in the season he started but on the season he was actually 5% worse than the season before
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

why not get him in the team as a player if he knows that much about shooting? just stand in the corner and shoot all day.
Anyhow we don't have enough money for actual nba players
on and off bench we will have lot of coaches
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: SPECULATION: Lethal Shooter hired as Lakers shooting coach?

818fan wrote:
https://twitter.com/LethalShooter__/status/1140682039089176576
Quote:
@LethalShooter__

GOD always had a plan for me and yes it’s been rough but I TRUST the path he has for me. Can’t believe I woke up to another offer to be a NBA Shooting Coach. My ENTIRE life is devoted to The Art of Shooting and changing percentages. To be on staff will be priceless. Stay TUNED🙏🏾

11:06 AM - 17 Jun 2019

This tweet was posted yesterday and later in the day he posted a picture inside the Laker facility.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9XZnt4VUAAdrAF.jpg:large

I heard he’s working with Davis so maybe
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
LKA wrote:

not sure when in the season he started but on the season he was actually 5% worse than the season before

Yeah but iirc there was a point up to about December I believe when KCP was really bad. And after working with LS he got his 3% up to a respectable amount. I could be wrong but I swear I saw this.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
LKA wrote:

Yeah but iirc there was a point up to about December I believe when KCP was really bad. And after working with LS he got his 3% up to a respectable amount. I could be wrong but I swear I saw this.

I def. saw that as well and can't recall the exact dates but I remember his biggest games of the season came after working with him along with his shot looking much better.

I don't know much about the guy other then hearing good things about him a few times over the last year or so but he clearly has the respect of quite a few well known players in the NBA, College and the WNBA so i'd def. welcome him to the Lakers. The coaching staff is starting to look a lot more solid then I was expecting after the firing of Luke so I can't complain.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: