Do you think LeBron will try to get Melo to take vet minimum?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

Melo's definitely going to come...

Which makes Kuzma redundant.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

Melo retired
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Nah, Melo is going to be the Knicks big free agent signing .

In all seriousness, this thread will probably turn into the “Welcome Carmelo Anthony” thread in two weeks. LA loves guys with brand recognition and I’m sure we’re going to start hearing about what great shape Melo has gotten in
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

Y’all ate acting like we can do better than melo off the bench lol we broke and beggars can’t be choosers.

Melo could easily become sixth man of the year and redeem his career here in LA. The absolute best thing about having Anthony Davis in the paint is that we can funnel everything towards him and he’ll cover up a lot of weak perimeter defense. Kuzma, lebron and Anthony ain’t such a big deal anymore with Davis on board.

I can see rondo coming back for the min too

With Davis on board we may have the inside track on cousins. If he took the RE for one season that would be crazy. Imo he didn’t prove enough this season to get the contract he wants. So maybe he take another 1 years deal to show what he’s got.

Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Y’all ate acting like we can do better than melo off the bench lol we broke and beggars can’t be choosers.

Melo could easily become sixth man of the year and redeem his career here in LA. The absolute best thing about having Anthony Davis in the paint is that we can funnel everything towards him and he’ll cover up a lot of weak perimeter defense. Kuzma, lebron and Anthony ain’t such a big deal anymore with Davis on board.

With Davis on board we may have the inside track on cousins. If he took the RE for one season that would be crazy. Imo he didn’t prove enough this season to get the contract he wants. So maybe he take another 1 years deal to show what he’s got.

So Cousins too? Did you watch any of the playoffs, because he struggled on defense and despite some good moments he overall he labored to move on both ends and made multiple mistakes trying to do too much.

Honestly I wonder how Davis felt about playing beside Randle first. He can be boneheaded too but his activity level is a plus on both ends. Would he accept a 4 yr/ $60-80m contract? Dependent on 3rd max decision of course.

Add McGee or Lopez for the min for depth.

Some of the names being suggested are frustrating. Same as the mentality that the Lakers have so backed themselves into a corner that “beggars can’t be choosers” is an accepted solution.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

But that’s going to get Davis in foul trouble more often.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

So what the heck happened to Melo that he became so bad? Was it injuries. age, complacency, attitude?

If he got in the right mindset and physical conditioning, could he get it back and be productive?

Can he still shoot 3's? I remember he used to light up the Lakers from long range. He seemed automatic if he was left open. I can't really say that about Kuzma at this point.

If the price was cheap enough, seems like a good instant offense option.

Do you think we can also resign McGee for more defensive help so AD isn't the only lane defender/shot blocker?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
So what the heck happened to Melo that he became so bad? Was it injuries. age, complacency, attitude?

If he got in the right mindset and physical conditioning, could he get it back and be productive?

Can he still shoot 3's? I remember he used to light up the Lakers from long range. He seemed automatic if he was left open. I can't really say that about Kuzma at this point.

If the price was cheap enough, seems like a good instant offense option.

Do you think we can also resign McGee for more defensive help so AD isn't the only lane defender/shot blocker?

Attitude is top of the list for me. He acted "entitled' with every team he played for. Never a team player of sacrifice for the team mentality. Even his latest struggle were based on his need to be more involved when he didnt deserve it or deliver when they tried to work him in.

So no, he won't have some miraculous change of heart or be willing to be a minimal role player. He disrupts by his attitude.

As for the center question. Hope they can re-sign McGee. And another center or two. Lakers don't have one on the roster. Davis or Wagner are PFs and need a true center to play off of for chemistry purposes. Ideally I'd love to see a tandem of any of McGee, Loony, Lopez, Dedmon, Noel and maybe throw Chandler in as the third. All depends on how they choose to spend their limited dollars.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

dam that boy's gut is going to be HUGE by now. it was already poking out last summer and its only getting worse. haha
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

I think Lebron is much smarter than that. He had to have learned his lesson from past experiences by now that over the hill players who refuse to accept a lesser role do much more harm than good.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I'd rather eat my shoes

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

Forgot he was still in the league.
But yes, could be part of the whole package, get his boy a ring.
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

Apparently he wants to go back to the Knicks. This probably means he isn’t coming to LA, as the Knicks will probably end up offering him a max contract when Kyrie and KD ignore them.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Forgot he was still in the league.
But yes, could be part of the whole package, get his boy a ring.

Melo is Done. ! He's not help, he's a burden. Melo the last few seasons
Vs Kuz

Melo Kuz
3's 33-34% 33.5%
FT's 70-82% 73%
FG's 43% 45%

I'll give the younger those minutes. NOW, what we do need are true snipers,
not Melo.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Cousins proved that he's slow, can't defend, and that some guy named Kevon Looney is better than him, even with a chest/shoulder injury.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

If we are depending on Melo to contribute enough to be a sixth man of the year candidate, then something has gone very, very wrong and we are likely to be in major trouble. Melo is crispy done and he’s a horrific defender. I wouldn’t mind him off the bench as a third string guy, but same thing as last year applies: if he was willing to settle for that, he’d still be in OKC or Houston.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

Melo
Jamal
IT

That’s 3 instabucket off the benches (shooting contest, no defense), LeBron need to sweet talk all three into min contract, space jam 2 cameo or something
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Depends if Melo wants to come for vet. Minimum, play backup, and get a shot at a ring.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

I actually like the idea as long as he understand his role, the microwave off the bench . Smoke it when he’s hot and warm the bench when he’s not. If he starts to show his ego then just cut him.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Do you think LeBron will try to get Melo to take vet minimum?

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Not a joke....not asking if you think we should or shouldn’t. Asking if you think it might happen

Yeah I thought about this too. Probably.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
I actually like the idea as long as he understand his role, the microwave off the bench . Smoke it when he’s hot and warm the bench when he’s not. If he starts to show his ego then just cut him.

At this stage Melo is not better than Kuzma, we should make better
use of our money.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
CRoost wrote:

At this stage Melo is not better than Kuzma, we should make better
use of our money.

He’s not gonna cost us anything but vet minimum. You need another microwave beside Kuz. It’s a long season, the role suits him best.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

The only drawback I see on Melo is his age, 35. He'll be able to fit the needed shooter role. If we can get him for vets minimum, I believe 2018 is $2,222,803, I'd go for it. No long term, 1 year.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The only drawback I see on Melo is his age, 35. He'll be able to fit the needed shooter role. If we can get him for vets minimum, I believe 2018 is $2,222,803, I'd go for it. No long term, 1 year.

I'd pull a hard pass on Melo. I think there are better options out there. And if
Melo arrives, he would want minutes, minutes he not good at; Ref. him in
Houston.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I could see Melo coming aboard on a 1 year vet min deal.

10-14 minutes as a spot up shooter and bully defender and we should be cool.. His motivation would be at an all time high playing along side AD n LBJ.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: