2019-2020 PELICANS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 4465

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Lmfao Lonzo is a bench guy?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2017
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
Lmfao Lonzo is a bench guy?

he is either shooting 10 threes or just passing the ball,he s got
to find a specific way of playing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 4465

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

greek laker wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
Lmfao Lonzo is a bench guy?

he is either shooting 10 threes or just passing the ball,he s got
to find a specific way of playing.


Still remember lavar proclaiming his son is better than Steph.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2017
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

BI great again but he wouldt find 25-30 shots with AD and LBJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7425
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

greek laker wrote:
BI great again but he wouldt find 25-30 shots with AD and LBJ


He wouldn't need them to be effective.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 5365

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
greek laker wrote:
BI great again but he wouldt find 25-30 shots with AD and LBJ


He wouldn't need them to be effective.


And I loved his defensive effort last season. We were a pretty good defensive team before injuries. BI is exactly the kind of wing defender we need against the Clippers. Wish NO was as high on Kuzma as guys in the media like SAS who said we should keep him instead of Ingram.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 12552

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

They gave up 130 points to a team that averages 104.

On the flip side, they scored almost effortlessly against the best defense in the league.

Pels are horrible defensively. They need Favors and Zion.

BI is clearly playing like a superstar, but it doesn't matter how many points he scores when the defense gives up that many points.

Still, I'm excited for him. He's 22 and scoring like one of the best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13705

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

BI is a good player - we knew that.

Lonzo is looking like a role player - certainly not a future all star.

Hart is what he is.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17552
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
T
Pels are horrible defensively. They need Favors and Zion.

BI is clearly playing like a superstar, but it doesn't matter how many points he scores when the defense gives up that many points.


The way Jahil Okafor plays defense, it's like he doesn't realize his NBA career is on the bubble.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5539
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
greek laker wrote:
BI great again but he wouldt find 25-30 shots with AD and LBJ


He wouldn't need them to be effective.


I agree, if things worked out differently, where we could have traded for AD and kept Ingram (maybe if KCP would have been willing to go there and the Pelican's wanted him), then BI would have played a very good 3rd banana to LBJ and AD, especially if his shot improvement carried over to the Lakers. He would be our SG and be a better scoring version of Green we have now.

But in the real world, he was the trade bait the Pels wanted, and he has shined in showcasing himself as a scorer in the league. Will the Pel's give him a big payday like Randle and DLO got?
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: Let's do this...the Lakers are back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7425
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
greek laker wrote:
BI great again but he wouldt find 25-30 shots with AD and LBJ


He wouldn't need them to be effective.


I agree, if things worked out differently, where we could have traded for AD and kept Ingram (maybe if KCP would have been willing to go there and the Pelican's wanted him), then BI would have played a very good 3rd banana to LBJ and AD, especially if his shot improvement carried over to the Lakers. He would be our SG and be a better scoring version of Green we have now.

But in the real world, he was the trade bait the Pels wanted, and he has shined in showcasing himself as a scorer in the league. Will the Pel's give him a big payday like Randle and DLO got?


If they don't someone else will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 108890

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
greek laker wrote:
BI great again but he wouldt find 25-30 shots with AD and LBJ


He wouldn't need them to be effective.


I agree, if things worked out differently, where we could have traded for AD and kept Ingram (maybe if KCP would have been willing to go there and the Pelican's wanted him), then BI would have played a very good 3rd banana to LBJ and AD, especially if his shot improvement carried over to the Lakers. He would be our SG and be a better scoring version of Green we have now.

But in the real world, he was the trade bait the Pels wanted, and he has shined in showcasing himself as a scorer in the league. Will the Pel's give him a big payday like Randle and DLO got?


If they don't someone else will.


For sure. Teams like ATL, even Charlotte will pay him the $ if the Pels won't.
_________________
5 more wins. For Kobe!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15497

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
greek laker wrote:
BI great again but he wouldt find 25-30 shots with AD and LBJ


He wouldn't need them to be effective.


I agree, if things worked out differently, where we could have traded for AD and kept Ingram (maybe if KCP would have been willing to go there and the Pelican's wanted him), then BI would have played a very good 3rd banana to LBJ and AD, especially if his shot improvement carried over to the Lakers. He would be our SG and be a better scoring version of Green we have now.

But in the real world, he was the trade bait the Pels wanted, and he has shined in showcasing himself as a scorer in the league. Will the Pel's give him a big payday like Randle and DLO got?


If they don't someone else will.


For sure. Teams like ATL, even Charlotte will pay him the $ if the Pels won't.


Knicks would max him too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 108890

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

20m/Jules
maxed BI.

Knicks = alternate Lakers universe.
_________________
5 more wins. For Kobe!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Dec 2018
Posts: 641

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
greek laker wrote:
BI great again but he wouldt find 25-30 shots with AD and LBJ


He wouldn't need them to be effective.


I agree, if things worked out differently, where we could have traded for AD and kept Ingram (maybe if KCP would have been willing to go there and the Pelican's wanted him), then BI would have played a very good 3rd banana to LBJ and AD, especially if his shot improvement carried over to the Lakers. He would be our SG and be a better scoring version of Green we have now.

But in the real world, he was the trade bait the Pels wanted, and he has shined in showcasing himself as a scorer in the league. Will the Pel's give him a big payday like Randle and DLO got?


If they don't someone else will.


For sure. Teams like ATL, even Charlotte will pay him the $ if the Pels won't.


Knicks would max him too


ATl got Cam Reddish and Hunter this year......

Jordan be cheap with his money...

Knicks, maybe. However, it seems they are only going for the top dogs in 2020 or giving out dumb short term contracts (like this season)....

I read about a potential sign and trade with DLO though in recent weeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17552
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Back to back losses to the Thunder.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137768
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Hayes is going to be really good.
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2764

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Ingram May average 28 points per game, but the Pels may not win 28 games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15497

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Ingram May average 28 points per game, but the Pels may not win 28 games.


They might have Ball-Ball-Ball BBB next season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17552
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
h2omike wrote:
Ingram May average 28 points per game, but the Pels may not win 28 games.


They might have Ball-Ball-Ball BBB next season


I don't think they'll be bad enough but they do have some assets to try and trade up.

Wouldn't it be funny if they traded Lonzo so they could draft Lamelo?
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17552
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Pels lose by 46 to the Mavs.

It sounds like even Joel is getting tired of Lonzo's unwillingness to drive. 1-9 so far with 7 misses from behind the arc.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 53515

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

6-17.

People talking about Anthony Davis not being able to carry this Pels team.
The talent we traded him for can not even keep them competitive.

At least AD kept the Pels competitive. They would hover around .500 and made the playoffs a few times. This same sort of cast. Holiday. Some other players. It's nothing special AD had. There's a reason he wanted out of NOR.

Once they get Zion though, and Ingram has learned how to play winning basketball with Zion. Maybe 2021-22 that season, I can see them being really good. Next year with Zion, they should be competitive again. The season after that, I can see them actually being a playoff team. The Lakers with Ingram, Ball, Kuzma were looking at the same sort of time line. Only by then you have no Lebron.
_________________
26-1-2020
Never forgotten
Mamba mentality will live on forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 108890

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

OMG nearly a 50 point loss???
_________________
5 more wins. For Kobe!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 44444

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

6-17, lost tonight by 46 points.

Yikes.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17552
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Pistons hand the Pels their 9th straight loss on a last second game winner by DRose. That was one of the few games they were supposed to win this month. The Pels are now just one game ahead of the Dubs with 7 of their next 10 games on the road. Their next two games are road games against the Bucks and Sixers.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB