QFTOS Pelicans, Celtics, and Spurs - Anthony Davis Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Pels fans are braindead. How do they not like that deal?

They got Lavar Ball....

Lavar - The gift that keeps on giving.

Only a matter of time before Lavar starts trashing Alvin Gentry’s rotations
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

This is hilarious!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Because we completely overvalue our own assets

And they devalue them...none of them are a bright and shiny, appeared in the playoffs, Tatum.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

I (bleep) love it. In one year the Celtics and the Spurs have taken L after L after L after L. Celtics should have pulled the trigger on all their assets a long time ago. Spurs should have dealt Kawhi to us instead trade him to Toronto where he wins another title while you're left with pedestrian DeRozan and uhnm.... Poetl? Yeah that guy. Didn't even get Siakam who's looking like a better player than DD. Thank you Ainge. Thank you Pop. Your incompetence got us to this point. A dynasty is brewing.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I brought some Steak y'all! Got all the salt we need from those quotes. Now, where can we get some pepper???
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
I (bleep) love it. In one year the Celtics and the Spurs have taken L after L after L after L. Celtics should have pulled the trigger on all their assets a long time ago. Spurs should have dealt Kawhi to us instead trade him to Toronto where he wins another title while you're left with pedestrian DeRozan and uhnm.... Poetl? Yeah that guy. Didn't even get Siakam who's looking like a better player than DD. Thank you Ainge. Thank you Pop. Your incompetence got us to this point. A dynasty is brewing.

Yup they would've gotten a promising young nucleus and tons of draft picks from us instead of weak ass Derozan, but Pop was too much of a hater. (bleep) him.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

Sweeter words haven't been spoken!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Yup they would've gotten a promising young nucleus and tons of draft picks from us instead of weak ass Derozan, but Pop was too much of a hater. (bleep) him.

Yup, this is where being obsessively over the top against another entire franchise finally backfires.. Couldn't have happened to a more petty head coach.. The next banner is for you Pop while we hopefully win it with Kawhi as well <3
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

To be fair, looking at their guard rotation of Forbes/Murray/White, adding Ball/Hart didn't make sense, and there was no #4 pick involved. DeRozan seemed a better choice than Ingram+Kuzma+helping a rival create a superteam.

Ainge is on an unbelievable streak of bad luck. Started the year with Memphis' pick (conveyed to 2020), their own pick, a future Clippers' pick which was likely to convey to 2020, and Sacramento's...which ended up 22nd, 20th, and 14th.

And of course his top trade target wasn't allowed to be traded for until this July due to an obscure CBA clause...at the deadline, Ainge may have been able to sway the Pels with just draft picks and Horford/Brown (or Hayward had he played better), but the Rose Rule prevented it. And Sacramento/Clippers were too good, while Memphis was too bad.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject:

What a turn of luck for Boston. All these moves and an East final. Now back to
mediocrity or rebuilding.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:
Quote:

LaVar Ball on Lakers trading Lonzo: "I guarantee... it will be the worst move the Lakers ever did in their life and they will never win another championship."

Hopefully this was the last time we ever have to hear from that scum bag.

After suffering this fool for 2 years, tears are delicious!!!
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject:

PEople don't realize the magnitude of this trade !
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

The salt in the Celtics reddit, wonderful
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

To be fair, looking at their guard rotation of Forbes/Murray/White, adding Ball/Hart didn't make sense, and there was no #4 pick involved. DeRozan seemed a better choice than Ingram+Kuzma+helping a rival create a superteam.

Ainge is on an unbelievable streak of bad luck. Started the year with Memphis' pick (conveyed to 2020), their own pick, a future Clippers' pick which was likely to convey to 2020, and Sacramento's...which ended up 22nd, 20th, and 14th.

And of course his top trade target wasn't allowed to be traded for until this July due to an obscure CBA clause...at the deadline, Ainge may have been able to sway the Pels with just draft picks and Horford/Brown (or Hayward had he played better), but the Rose Rule prevented it. And Sacramento/Clippers were too good, while Memphis was too bad.

"helping a rival create a superteam"

Why does this matter to teams?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Some more quotes from the other side:

BOSTON CELTICS (the disappointment is real)
Quote:
what a haul for the lakers too. An arguable top 5 player entering his prime who will re-sign in LA for lonzo, ingram, a 4th pick they shouldnt have gotten anyway, and some first round picks that wont mean much.

Quote:
Guess I can finally buy a Smart jersey then. Lakers fans are about to be even more obnoxious though

Quote:
Cant believe people are celebrating this

Quote:
Davis would have left and look at what the lakers gave away. Ball, Ingram, hart, and 3 first round picks? For a guy who's got an injury history, complains and hasnt done anything in the post season? I'm sorry but (bleep) that. If had to give away all that to get him and he leaves at the end of the year, then you can say goodbye to a winning record for a while. Atleast with what we have now we can get a winning record and do some things. It was not worth it if they wanted brown, Tatum, smart and 3 first rounders. It just wasnt.

Quote:
Wowww didn't even give up Kuzma. I'm kinda shocked Ainge wouldn't top this deal. He must have really believed there was no way he'd resign and/or they were demanding both the Jay's.
It sucks that we didnt make moves for Paul George or Kawhi because we were so focused on this (bleep) but at least it's over. (bleep) AD, (bleep) Rich Paul.

Quote:
That deal’s better than anything we could offer without giving up Tatum. No way would Ainge offer Tatum without confidence AD would re-sign.
Lakers basically got to keep Kuzma because (bleep) Rich Paul.

Quote:
At least I can look forward to cheap tickets for my last year living in Boston

Quote:
Is no one else disappointed? AD was our best shot at a title (and keeping Kyrie). Now, who knows what our future holds.

Quote:
Yer (bleep) the Lakers. Sick of them tampering the (bleep) out of anyone with talent

Quote:
First Bruins now this

Quote:
I don’t see how Boston is going to seriously compete for the East now. We will be another 1st or 2nd round exit next year

Quote:
On the bright side, Brad will do a better job coaching next year since he'll have a bunch of young, scrappy underdogs, instead of star players, which he can't coach.

Quote:
I can like lonzo now

Quote:
Well it's official. He (Danny Ainge) failed. Defend him if you please. This was the last domino. I listened to Larbrd plead with me that this has always been about Davis.
I agreed I'll wait until the end and the end times is here. Fire Danny. Hire Masai at all costs. GM more important than Stevens that's for sure.
No Paul George, Butler, Davis, Cousins, Kawhi. Fire Danny!

NEW ORLEANS PELICANS (I can't find any Pelicans fans - half the comments on the Pels boards seem to be from Lakers fans)
Quote:
Lonzo Ball obviously is talented but ever since the (bleep) talking I didn't want him here even without father shenanigans. Ingram is cool if the health isn't a concern. Picks are sweet.

Quote:
Lakers fans saying it’s too much. I’m satisfied

Quote:
How the (bleep) did we get 3 (THREE) first rounders?

Quote:
Lol the worst part about this is that everyone is praising it instead of (bleep) on it, so you just know this trade is going to stink down the line.
Only great trades are the ones that everybody calls fleeces. Boogie, PG, etc.

Quote:
Now you've got to deal with the Lonzo stans. Prepare to be assaulted any time you say something about him that isn't the highest of praises.

Quote:
Those dudes are nuts forreal. You thought Lakers fans were bad? People stay on the Balls balls like nothing else.

Quote:
The irrational love for Lonzo is absolutely insane. Never seen anything like it

Quote:
No way Griffin is done in my opinion. I love this haul as is so far, but wouldnt be surprised to see some of these assets flipped

SAN ANTONIO SPURS (they still can't let go of Kawhi)
Quote:
I enjoy the fact no one even cares to talk about the Finals winners anymore.

Quote:
Almost exactly what the Spurs wanted. I'm super curious why that never went through when the Lakers had Kawhi who was a top 5 player along with Davis. As well as being on a much cheaper contract.

Quote:
This is a huge win for both sides, but a bigger win for NOLA. Lakers automatically the favorites to be next years champions, plus that depth surrounding Zion would make NOLA a potential playoff team in his first year. The effects of this trade is gonna give us fits the next few years.

Quote:
It’s pretty much a win-win for both sides. Lakers get AD, keep Kuzma, and have around 27-32 million cap space to either throw a max offer or fill up the bench.
Pelicans get draft picks, 3 young players, to build around Zion/Jrue to compete right now. They can also trade the 4th overall pick to get more draft capita.
And before anyone says how the Spurs could have gotten this type of deal are lying to themselves. Pop didn’t want to trade with LA, and Kawhi tanked his trade value. The Spurs probably could have gotten only Ingram, Kuzma, Salary Filler, and 2018 1st Round Pick.

Quote:
Pop didnt really want to deal with the lakers thats why he asked for kuz plus several picks and swaps. So to say that they got the same as we wanted is just false. Pretty sure lakers would have given that package for kawhi too but we didnt accept.

Quote:
Me thinks Jimmy Buckets or Kemba will be joining them shortly tbh.

This is better than sex.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
K2 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

They got Lavar Ball....

Lavar - The gift that keeps on giving.

Only a matter of time before Lavar starts trashing Alvin Gentry’s rotations

It will be interesting to see who the Pels want us to draft next week. If it's Culver or Garland, Zo's going to have to fight for minutes because Jrue's starting. Then Lavar will be trashing his teammate.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

Everyone must pay!!!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

This is a fun thread - THANK YOU BadGuy and Staccatos!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

"At least we have culture" coming from anywhere in Texas is hilarious.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

The Celtic fan rants are the best of all - what a great Happy Father's Day present to all us Laker fan Dads!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Thanks for this.

I can't help but remember that old thread about who would win a championship next between the Lakers and Celtics. It seemed so tilted in Celts direction, then whoosh, their window shut and now we're the favorites.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

"helping a rival create a superteam"

Why does this matter to teams?

I probably should've added "conference" before rival. It's like how losing a game in conference play can make a three game difference in the standings vs that team, as opposed to a normal loss only costing one game.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

I came back just for this

Tasty tears
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Thanks for this.

I can't help but remember that old thread about who would win a championship next between the Lakers and Celtics. It seemed so tilted in Celts direction, then whoosh, their window shut and now we're the favorites.

Oh How Sweet It Is!

#BannersOverBillboards
j. shuttlesworth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
Some more quotes from the other side:

BOSTON CELTICS (the disappointment is real)
Quote:
what a haul for the lakers too. An arguable top 5 player entering his prime who will re-sign in LA for lonzo, ingram, a 4th pick they shouldnt have gotten anyway, and some first round picks that wont mean much.

Quote:
Guess I can finally buy a Smart jersey then. Lakers fans are about to be even more obnoxious though

Quote:
Cant believe people are celebrating this

Quote:
Davis would have left and look at what the lakers gave away. Ball, Ingram, hart, and 3 first round picks? For a guy who's got an injury history, complains and hasnt done anything in the post season? I'm sorry but (bleep) that. If had to give away all that to get him and he leaves at the end of the year, then you can say goodbye to a winning record for a while. Atleast with what we have now we can get a winning record and do some things. It was not worth it if they wanted brown, Tatum, smart and 3 first rounders. It just wasnt.

Quote:
Wowww didn't even give up Kuzma. I'm kinda shocked Ainge wouldn't top this deal. He must have really believed there was no way he'd resign and/or they were demanding both the Jay's.
It sucks that we didnt make moves for Paul George or Kawhi because we were so focused on this (bleep) but at least it's over. (bleep) AD, (bleep) Rich Paul.

Quote:
That deal’s better than anything we could offer without giving up Tatum. No way would Ainge offer Tatum without confidence AD would re-sign.
Lakers basically got to keep Kuzma because (bleep) Rich Paul.

Quote:
At least I can look forward to cheap tickets for my last year living in Boston

Quote:
Is no one else disappointed? AD was our best shot at a title (and keeping Kyrie). Now, who knows what our future holds.

Quote:
Yer (bleep) the Lakers. Sick of them tampering the (bleep) out of anyone with talent

Quote:
First Bruins now this

Quote:
I don’t see how Boston is going to seriously compete for the East now. We will be another 1st or 2nd round exit next year

Quote:
On the bright side, Brad will do a better job coaching next year since he'll have a bunch of young, scrappy underdogs, instead of star players, which he can't coach.

Quote:
I can like lonzo now

Quote:
Well it's official. He (Danny Ainge) failed. Defend him if you please. This was the last domino. I listened to Larbrd plead with me that this has always been about Davis.
I agreed I'll wait until the end and the end times is here. Fire Danny. Hire Masai at all costs. GM more important than Stevens that's for sure.
No Paul George, Butler, Davis, Cousins, Kawhi. Fire Danny!

NEW ORLEANS PELICANS (I can't find any Pelicans fans - half the comments on the Pels boards seem to be from Lakers fans)
Quote:
Lonzo Ball obviously is talented but ever since the (bleep) talking I didn't want him here even without father shenanigans. Ingram is cool if the health isn't a concern. Picks are sweet.

Quote:
Lakers fans saying it’s too much. I’m satisfied

Quote:
How the (bleep) did we get 3 (THREE) first rounders?

Quote:
Lol the worst part about this is that everyone is praising it instead of (bleep) on it, so you just know this trade is going to stink down the line.
Only great trades are the ones that everybody calls fleeces. Boogie, PG, etc.

Quote:
Now you've got to deal with the Lonzo stans. Prepare to be assaulted any time you say something about him that isn't the highest of praises.

Quote:
Those dudes are nuts forreal. You thought Lakers fans were bad? People stay on the Balls balls like nothing else.

Quote:
The irrational love for Lonzo is absolutely insane. Never seen anything like it

Quote:
No way Griffin is done in my opinion. I love this haul as is so far, but wouldnt be surprised to see some of these assets flipped

SAN ANTONIO SPURS (they still can't let go of Kawhi)
Quote:
I enjoy the fact no one even cares to talk about the Finals winners anymore.

Quote:
Almost exactly what the Spurs wanted. I'm super curious why that never went through when the Lakers had Kawhi who was a top 5 player along with Davis. As well as being on a much cheaper contract.

Quote:
This is a huge win for both sides, but a bigger win for NOLA. Lakers automatically the favorites to be next years champions, plus that depth surrounding Zion would make NOLA a potential playoff team in his first year. The effects of this trade is gonna give us fits the next few years.

Quote:
It’s pretty much a win-win for both sides. Lakers get AD, keep Kuzma, and have around 27-32 million cap space to either throw a max offer or fill up the bench.
Pelicans get draft picks, 3 young players, to build around Zion/Jrue to compete right now. They can also trade the 4th overall pick to get more draft capita.
And before anyone says how the Spurs could have gotten this type of deal are lying to themselves. Pop didn’t want to trade with LA, and Kawhi tanked his trade value. The Spurs probably could have gotten only Ingram, Kuzma, Salary Filler, and 2018 1st Round Pick.

Quote:
Pop didnt really want to deal with the lakers thats why he asked for kuz plus several picks and swaps. So to say that they got the same as we wanted is just false. Pretty sure lakers would have given that package for kawhi too but we didnt accept.

Quote:
Me thinks Jimmy Buckets or Kemba will be joining them shortly tbh.

This is better than sex.

Um....not sure about that one...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: