Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 914, 915, 916 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

5-1 without him

As long as we keep winning cool
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

Anthony Davis is available to play for tonight’s game in Boston.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/1219294365018939392

Btw a look in on Rob assessing just how sore AD’s butt would be today after the ass kicking.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOr2t72UEAEnX9q?format=jpg&name=large
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:
The crowd is chanting "Let's go Lakers" and Anthony Davis is waving his fingers toward them like an orchestra conductor.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1218743643332317184

Heh, AD can relax when he's out instead of constantly worrying his team is going to lose

Lol AD is loving Laker Nation. It's unlike anything he's ever experienced with the Pels.

these types of things are underrated af imo. imagine going from the lowly pelicans that nobody cares about dont even have fans in their own building.. to the most iconic team in the league. all the love and exposure you could ever need. and the greatest city.

They are also not really true, NO is a solid fan base.

its pretty true. i saw that new orleans arena half empty during every losing season. a solid fan base fills the arena even during down periods.

You lack a basic understanding of the economics of the area. Have you ever spent significant time there?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:
The crowd is chanting "Let's go Lakers" and Anthony Davis is waving his fingers toward them like an orchestra conductor.

Heh, AD can relax when he's out instead of constantly worrying his team is going to lose

Lol AD is loving Laker Nation. It's unlike anything he's ever experienced with the Pels.

these types of things are underrated af imo. imagine going from the lowly pelicans that nobody cares about dont even have fans in their own building.. to the most iconic team in the league. all the love and exposure you could ever need. and the greatest city.

its pretty true. i saw that new orleans arena half empty during every losing season. a solid fan base fills the arena even during down periods.

You lack a basic understanding of the economics of the area. Have you ever spent significant time there?

Sounds complex. Can you explain it to us?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
@ventura have you ever seen laker home games half empty? what about the knicks? or celtics? bulls? trailblazers? jazz? answer that for me. even when these teams have been bad their fans still fill the building. thats what i would consider as solid fan bases.. definitely not new orleans

I’ve seen a lot of Laker games where the attendees don’t watch the game, don’t know who the players are and make a point of being seen. Those “fans” are what others see when they watch Laker games on TV.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
AD's last few seasons

2018-19 -- 56 games played, but didn't miss due to injury

2017-18 -- 75 games played

2016-17 -- 75 games played

really not bad at all tbh

tbh he get a bad rep when his durability has been improving

One significant factor is what happens when a player grows as quickly AD did. He's really just growing into those long wings and length.

He's just getting to that "I'm badder than anyone else maybe one or two guys", if that , stage.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject:

this gave me chills
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1218743911100887040

[Danny Green on the Laker fans on the road] “It’s been amazing. It just shows that this is America’s team. Every building, we have a bunch of fans, a bunch of people cheering for us, rooting for us no matter where we go. And it’s a great feeling.”
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
@ventura have you ever seen laker home games half empty? what about the knicks? or celtics? bulls? trailblazers? jazz? answer that for me. even when these teams have been bad their fans still fill the building. thats what i would consider as solid fan bases.. definitely not new orleans

I’ve seen a lot of Laker games where the attendees don’t watch the game, don’t know who the players are and make a point of being seen. Those “fans” are what others see when they watch Laker games on TV.

If there's ever an example of moving the goal posts, this post is a masterclass on how to do it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

If there's ever an example of moving the goal posts, this post is a masterclass on how to do it.

Ah. Good eye. I'm still trying to learn the art of moving posts. Is this correct: Initial point by OP is that N.O. had half empty crowds. But the 2nd poster moved the goal posts to make it not about half empty crowds, but about disengaged attendants by pointing out that some at Lakers games dont pay attention to the game, even though the arena was full.

Field goal!
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Anthony Davis is available to play for tonight’s game in Boston.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/1219294365018939392

Btw a look in on Rob assessing just how sore AD’s butt would be today after the ass kicking.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOr2t72UEAEnX9q?format=jpg&name=large

He went from questionable to available so I assume this means he is playing?

Yea!
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
this gave me chills
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1218743911100887040

[Danny Green on the Laker fans on the road] “It’s been amazing. It just shows that this is America’s team. Every building, we have a bunch of fans, a bunch of people cheering for us, rooting for us no matter where we go. And it’s a great feeling.”

As a Lakers fan, this makes me happy. As a Chargers fan, this makes me sad.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:

New Orleans is a bad sports town, period. The Saints love is recent and largely a factor of them making the Superbowl after Hurricane Katrina.

- The Jazz left
- The Hornets left
- The Saints were going to move to San Antonio until Hurricane Katrina came
- MLB refused to let a team move there.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Ah. Good eye. I'm still trying to learn the art of moving posts. Is this correct: Initial point by OP is that N.O. had half empty crowds. But the 2nd poster moved the goal posts to make it not about half empty crowds, but about disengaged attendants by pointing out that some at Lakers games dont pay attention to the game, even though the arena was full.

Field goal!

I think VCF was suggesting that random people were shipped from places to the stadium for free to give the appearance of a full stadium - optics.

They do it sometimes in the Olympics. Who wants to see half empty stadiums? No one! So let's ship in a couple of busses of schoolkids and voila, full stadium.

Whether it's a credible point or not is another matter
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Field goal!

The point is that both have the same amount of fans
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Really disappointed in his offensive presence
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

Is it just me or does he seems step slow. I saw a few players blow by him
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Does AD have any defining moves other than a dunk from a pass?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Does AD have any defining moves other than a dunk from a pass?

he used to be great from midrange... and that was coming along a few weeks ago too.. he needs that back
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

we need you to have some Giannis or some KAT in your offensive game; don't need both, but need 1 buddy. Bron needs help.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Field goal!

The point is that both have the same amount of fans

lol!! lakers have arguably the biggest fan base in sports
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject:

The team needs to learn to play with AD and AD needs to learn to play with the team. It's like the team plays differently with AD on the court? Am I misreading things?

I feel Rondo plays different with AD on the court. Was a bit more passive?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

First game back, I wouldn’t worry yet.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The team needs to learn to play with AD and AD needs to learn to play with the team. It's like the team plays differently with AD on the court? Am I misreading things?

I feel Rondo plays different with AD on the court. Was a bit more passive?

Yeah, he was force feeding AD, and if we didn’t have AD, rondo would actually move the ball more, but that’s also his fault because his defender would just dare him to shoot and front AD instead
The lineup of AD, lebron, Rondo, Dwight , KCP was hell, and should never happen again. Teams will just double AD.
Vogel should try to play Ad with Kuzma, KCP, DG/AB, Cook/Daniels, AC.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inverse wrote:

First game back, I wouldn’t worry yet.

In the post game, Coach Vogel said he probably shouldn't have taken AD out after the 2 early fouls because he got out of rhythm.

So sounds like some "jitters" after missing some games. Hopefully the Lakers have a practice scheduled today to help him get back into rhythm.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject:

So remember when AD/Rich put NY on the list...yeah, they still holding out hope haha.

Quote:
If Davis does a “one-and-one” to return to Los Angeles, it would put him back on the marketplace in 2021 when the Knicks should have max space.

“I’ve heard that idea floating around, keeping him shorter term, because of LeBron’s age,’’ one agent said.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/21/knicks-fans-getting-their-only-chance-to-woo-anthony-davis/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Man I just don’t see him leaving us or signing anything less than a 2+1... but these last couple summers has me spooked.

Btw if he does do 1+1s and effectively holds our FO over a barrel...see now that would be a Klutch Tax....taxing that ass.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 914, 915, 916 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 915 of 1427
Jump to: