Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1423, 1424, 1425 ... 1429, 1430, 1431  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:14 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i never understand the notion that he "refuses" or "dislikes" playing center. this isn't the 90's we talking about, there are only 2 all star centers in the league (Jokic and Embiid). Bam Adebayo is a center traps in a PF body, he's even smaller than AD in physique. majority of centers nowadays are just belong to two categories: 1. big bruising type, just boards, shot block and set hard screens, or 2. skinny bean stalks just camp outside shoot threes. AD scares of playing against them? he is just soft, period. you put a 6'5" Chuck Hayes (for those remember who he was) on AD, and he'd be struggling.

Nurkic and Sabonis are basically hall of famers vs AD.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Anthony Davis has met the 65-game Criteria.

Davis is now eligible for postseason honors.

He is on pace to play the most games since 2017-18.

Happy for AD. Hope he stays healthy.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:35 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i never understand the notion that he "refuses" or "dislikes" playing center. this isn't the 90's we talking about, there are only 2 all star centers in the league (Jokic and Embiid). Bam Adebayo is a center traps in a PF body, he's even smaller than AD in physique. majority of centers nowadays are just belong to two categories: 1. big bruising type, just boards, shot block and set hard screens, or 2. skinny bean stalks just camp outside shoot threes. AD scares of playing against them? he is just soft, period. you put a 6'5" Chuck Hayes (for those remember who he was) on AD, and he'd be struggling.

Quote:
Domantas Sabonis has averaged 13.3 points, 10.6 rebounds and 4.5 assists in 10 games versus Anthony Davis in his career.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/domantas-sabonis-vs-anthony-davis-stats

Quote:
Jusuf Nurkic has averaged 11.7 points, 10.4 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 21 games versus Anthony Davis in his career.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/jusuf-nurkic-vs-anthony-davis

"Basically hall-of-famers" 🤡
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:55 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Quote:
Domantas Sabonis has averaged 13.3 points, 10.6 rebounds and 4.5 assists in 10 games versus Anthony Davis in his career.

Quote:
Jusuf Nurkic has averaged 11.7 points, 10.4 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 21 games versus Anthony Davis in his career.

sabonis has never lost to AD IIRC. Or AD as a laker.

Who cares about career. Nurkic just had a 20/20 game against him. IIRC.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who cares about career when you can cherrypick one game to support a dumb narrative against a player whose team you're ostensibly a fan of?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:26 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who cares about career when you can cherrypick one game to support a dumb narrative against a player whose team you're ostensibly a fan of?

You are adding career avg. Sabonis hasn’t lost to AD much. I’m not 🍒 picking as much as acknowledging the recent matchup. No one is saying nurkic/Sabonis > AD.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

You are adding career avg. Sabonis hasn’t lost to AD much. I’m not 🍒 picking as much as acknowledging the recent matchup. No one is saying nurkic/Sabonis > AD.

Sabonis has never lost to AD.
https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/anthony_davis_vs_domantas_sabonis.htm

Early in Sabonis's career (2016-2017). AD dominated the matchup despite always losing.

Since 2018, there has only been 1 game where AD clearly won the matchup. Sabonis has surpassed or matched AD's production head to head otherwise.

Of course AD > Sabonis overall. But less than a handful of bigger Centers in the league regularly outplay AD head to head. Sabonis is one of them.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:45 am    Post subject:

it's wild that AD has played in 112 of our last 119 games. (knock on wood). he should be first team all defense at the very least since he played 65 games already. way less falling to the floor, way less scary situations this year on top of playing like top 10 player, hope he can keep it up.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject:

honestly seems to me like his defense has not been as good this year. maybe fatigue given the additional minutes load + offensive burden
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:16 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
it's wild that AD has played in 112 of our last 119 games. (knock on wood). he should be first team all defense at the very least since he played 65 games already. way less falling to the floor, way less scary situations this year on top of playing like top 10 player, hope he can keep it up.

our defense the last bunch of games has been terrible. I think we are 15th which is mediocre.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
honestly seems to me like his defense has not been as good this year. maybe fatigue given the additional minutes load + offensive burden

Because our perimeter sucks. It ducks more than pre trade last year because Denis, Russ, and Pat were better keeping teams out the lane. Look at the warriors game, once he left it was over with and Ham is basically asking him to cover for everyone over making everyone hold their ground sans Bron who has been fine one on one. We got three guys who all say let me out score you on the perimeter. And when Prince played he couldn’t bother anyone
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:34 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Starting 5 of Reaves, Russell, Rui and Lepartime proably has something to do with that. Davis cannot defend everyone himself. Defense will always require a team effort.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

our defense the last bunch of games has been terrible. I think we are 15th which is mediocre.

Not just the last bunch of games. And you are correct about ranking 15th (tied with the Bulls). We are actually 0.5 points worse than the league average. No All-Defensive team for AD.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:31 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
tox wrote:

Starting 5 of Reaves, Russell, Rui and Lepartime proably has something to do with that. Davis cannot defend everyone himself. Defense will always require a team effort.

No, but AD often does defend everyone himself. I haven't seen that as much.

The thing that really is noticeable to me is that his rim protection seems far worse. Players attack him and challenge him. Last year, by the playoffs I literally expected a stop if any player not named Jokic went directly at AD. Every single time.

Some time early this season, I started to notice players attacking the rim and AD not always winning those battles.

I'm not saying AD is not an All-NBA defender. And he'd look much better with actual defensive support. But I also think he's slipped noticeably from last year where he looked very clearly to me like the best defender in the NBA. YMMV.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Joel Embiid’s injury and disqualification from All-NBA, only 34 games played, elevates Nikola Jokic (#1 seed, west) to first team, Demontas Sabonis (#6 seed, west) to second team, Anthony Davis (#9 seed, west) might get third team honors.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Not just the last bunch of games. And you are correct about ranking 15th (tied with the Bulls). We are actually 0.5 points worse than the league average. No All-Defensive team for AD.

Ok, did DG and Dillion brooks gave back their All defensive team honors yet?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:21 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Davis and a bunch of chuckers. He will probably not get what he deserves because of the team stats. They should do that on offense too. If you put up all star numbers on a bad team you cannot make the all star team.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:16 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Every year we get gaslit into thinking Davis isn't a transcendent defender, and then he becomes the best defender in the world in the postseason. What the basketball media has done to the perception of this guy's career is such a shame.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:25 am    Post subject:

36/16 on 15 of 21 is great. Reminds me of shaq like dominance that we used to see in big games. 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block.

Had 15 and 8 in the first quarter. His dominant start helped keep the Pacers close for when we eventually pulled away in the 3rd, only to let them back in with him on the bench to start the 4th.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Davis and a bunch of chuckers. He will probably not get what he deserves because of the team stats. They should do that on offense too. If you put up all star numbers on a bad team you cannot make the all star team.

i am willing to bet that AD will get all NBA and all nba Defense team honors this season, probably not first team, but second team defense, 3rd team all nba is a lock.
Dillion brooks got 2nd team all defense last year with houston ranked 29th in defensive ratings. DG made it while warriors were 17th.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject:

AD has been named Western Conference Player of the Week.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't getting a lot of breaks on calls, but also wasn't letting that effect him. He played some TOUGH minutes, running up and down the court at the wild pace the game was at times.

He rebounded his ass off, 23 and 7 offensive rebounds.

He hurt his knee in the 4th quarter but still played another 20 minutes on it. Made some game saving blocks. Defended seemingly everybody tonight.

He didn't shoot a good percentage tonight, but he was making his floater, a few 3's, and all of his free throws. The last ones were major, sealing the win as it made the last possession futile for the Bucks.

Great game from the defending player of the week
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Wasn't getting a lot of breaks on calls, but also wasn't letting that effect him. He played some TOUGH minutes, running up and down the court at the wild pace the game was at times.

He rebounded his ass off, 23 and 7 offensive rebounds.

He hurt his knee in the 4th quarter but still played another 20 minutes on it. Made some game saving blocks. Defended seemingly everybody tonight.

He didn't shoot a good percentage tonight, but he was making his floater, a few 3's, and all of his free throws. The last ones were major, sealing the win as it made the last possession futile for the Bucks.

Great game from the defending player of the week

He protected the paint and kept Gianni’s under control on the 2nd half/OTs, dropping 3s was the icing on the cake, monster game
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:02 pm    Post subject:

He’ll brick all game and then start hitting in the 4th.

Way to stick with it
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:03 pm    Post subject:

It's about that time of year again.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1423, 1424, 1425 ... 1429, 1430, 1431  Next
Page 1424 of 1431
Jump to: