Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1422, 1423, 1424 ... 1429, 1430, 1431  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
stats mean (bleep)...watch the game...

This is the sports equivalent of calling something fake news... it's a cop out.

Quote:
specially the last one against Nurkic and the other one with Zubac

Guys get the better of one another on certain nights. Both of those guys you mentioned have matched up with AD multiple times this year:

Game 1: Huge advantage to AD

AD: 30 points (10-17), 12 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 blocks, 2 assists
Nurkic: 4 points (1-5), 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals

Game 2: About even

AD: 18 points (5-14), 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block
Nurkic: 14 points (2-3), 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal

Game 3: Huge advantage for AD

AD: 27 points (10-26), 15 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 assist
Nurkic: 3 points (1-3), 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal

Game 4: AD was in foul trouble, I'd say Nurkic got the better of him.

AD: 13 points (6-11), 5 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 assist, 1 steal
Nurkic: 9 points (3-6), 12 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal

Game 5: Great game by Nurkic, but AD showed up, as well.

AD: 22 points (11-17), 14 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks
Nurkic: 18 points (7-12), 22 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 block, 1 steal

Now for Zu:

Game 1: Domination by AD

AD: 27 points (10-18), 10 rebounds, 4 blocks, 3 assists, 1 steal
Zu: 7 points (3-8), 9 rebounds

Game 2: AD was okay, Zu was better.

AD: 22 points (10-15), 10 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 assist, 1 block
Zu: 22 points (9-13), 19 rebounds, 1 block, 1 assist

Those are the types of guys who have the girth to give AD issues. But I'm not seeing this ownage that you keep referring to. I see big bodies who can help keep him off the glass, and out of deep position.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:56 am    Post subject:

Hate to post the same thing over and over again.

But it's playmaking.
See if he can pass the ball from the high post/ top of the key.
Have off ball screens or back cutters.
That's the new style of play for Centers.
I actually think he can do it. Go from 3 APG to 6-7.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Hate to post the same thing over and over again.

But it's playmaking.
See if he can pass the ball from the high post/ top of the key.
Have off ball screens or back cutters.
That's the new style of play for Centers.
I actually think he can do it. Go from 3 APG to 6-7.

He took major strides this year and they ran actions for it. Now they've gone away from it. Those gaudy assist numbers Cs have is because the offense is actually run through them. They're not breaking dudes down from the perimeter, driving and dishing.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Hope nothing's broken. The reason he didn't come back out was because the swelling wouldn't come down.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:24 am    Post subject:

Will Anthony join the goggle crew? James Worthy. Kurt Rambis. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject:

Yall realize opponent squads are delivering these blows on purpose right? They know once this guy goes down, it's a layup line. If you think the likes of Sabonis and Warriors players don't know where their limbs are in these so-called "double move" scenarios, I have a bridge to sell you. This has been going on for years.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:57 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Yall realize opponent squads are delivering these blows on purpose right? They know once this guy goes down, it's a layup line. If you think the likes of Sabonis and Warriors players don't know where their limbs are in these so-called "double move" scenarios, I have a bridge to sell you. This has been going on for years.

lol. Nurkic got 20/20 on him. Other bigs are just doing what bigs should do. Play physical. AD is longer and bigger than most. he just needs to take a cue from bron and put his shoulder down and drive.
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:

lol. Nurkic got 20/20 on him. Other bigs are just doing what bigs should do. Play physical. AD is longer and bigger than most. he just needs to take a cue from bron and put his shoulder down and drive.

He does that, then he will dislocate his shoulder. He is injury prone, and shouldnt be playing the 5
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:38 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:

He does that, then he will dislocate his shoulder. He is injury prone, and shouldnt be playing the 5
where does bron play if ad is our 4?
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:43 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:

Not to make this long & I believe majority of board & fans know?
The only way to squeeze another Chip out of LBJ’s last year next year is for Rob to acquire a center who can start a.k.a. (Vujevic Bulls) & a quick PG/SG guard to start whether D-lo is back or not. And the biggest elephant in room Ham & eggs/hock/bone. We know Vogel was a scapegoat & big mistake firing him but to hire a rookie H.C. like a Luke Walton/Ham who is more friend than coach & leader is killing us. To this day, I would rather fire him & take our chances for rest of year with Handy or anyone else not named Ham! It can’t be any worse but actually freedom of the locker room stress going on past few months!
HC: Riley
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:57 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Hope nothing's broken. The reason he didn't come back out was because the swelling wouldn't come down.

They are saying corneal abrasion (basically a scratch on the eye). Below video gives lengthy explanation of that condition..but basically corneal abrasion 1-2 days to heal..he should be ready next game

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:08 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:

Not to make this long & I believe majority of board & fans know?
The only way to squeeze another Chip out of LBJ’s last year next year is for Rob to acquire a center who can start a.k.a. (Vujevic Bulls) & a quick PG/SG guard to start whether D-lo is back or not. And the biggest elephant in room Ham & eggs/hock/bone. We know Vogel was a scapegoat & big mistake firing him but to hire a rookie H.C. like a Luke Walton/Ham who is more friend than coach & leader is killing us. To this day, I would rather fire him & take our chances for rest of year with Handy or anyone else not named Ham! It can’t be any worse but actually freedom of the locker room stress going on past few months!

Hopefully you’re right but imho we don’t have superior talent at the top. Last year was fools gold and the 2 teams that gave us trouble were the only 2 healthy teams we faced and the wolves were without gobert. We have been able to lean into the health of our stars excuse the previous years. Not this year and outside of bubble it’s been pretty much the same results.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject:

Hopefully Kareem can hook AD up with some of his goggles that don't fog up
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:35 am    Post subject:

Won't be surprise he is out for year
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:08 pm    Post subject:

I think I read an article that basketball is the leading cause of eye injuries in America. LOL! And these idiots won't wear goggles because what... they don't look cool? James Worthy was cool AF.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:

Don't know if your agenda allows for this, but I'd like to point out that hits to the face aren't accepted forms of contact in basketball. Your post was entirely irrelevant to mine but it's important to squeeze it out I suppose.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

Ok, we all get your shtick by now. You hate Davis. Sure, he has had some injury plagued seasons in the past but this isn’t one of them. He’s been there almost every game. He scratched his eye. That can happen to anyone. Hey, if it happened to you at worked, you might miss a day since you can’t see well.
So, again, we know you hate the guy but any player in the league you love, scratch their eye, they are going to leave the game until it heals.
Period.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:

He doesn't have the handle to consistently dribble drive. I don't recall ever seeing him do a euro step. If he's going to drive more he 100% needs that in his bag. It's Giannis' bread and butter.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:54 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

Ok, we all get your shtick by now. You hate Davis. Sure, he has had some injury plagued seasons in the past but this isn’t one of them. He’s been there almost every game. He scratched his eye. That can happen to anyone. Hey, if it happened to you at worked, you might miss a day since you can’t see well.
So, again, we know you hate the guy but any player in the league you love, scratch their eye, they are going to leave the game until it heals.
Period.

AD is soft ...just ask sabonis, jokic and nurkic

Last edited by Bron2AD on Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:55 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:

Don't know if your agenda allows for this, but I'd like to point out that hits to the face aren't accepted forms of contact in basketball. Your post was entirely irrelevant to mine but it's important to squeeze it out I suppose.
ad needs to dish a little punishment. Basketball is physical. i heard a recent interview with stand van gundy and he pointed to the scores going down. I have no idea if its just the ineptness of the players or if teams are actually playing defense. Players have to evolve. AD is no different.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:00 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
exactly. Sometimes the ref's need to take control of the game. Because an undersized team will continue to foul if you let them get away with everything. Darvin needs to defend his players and take a tech if you have to.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Itsowheeze wrote:
levon wrote:
exactly. Sometimes the ref's need to take control of the game. Because an undersized team will continue to foul if you let them get away with everything. Darvin needs to defend his players and take a tech if you have to.

This is funny. AD is the biggest guy on the court. Hard to feel sympathy. He can play physical too.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

Lakers' Anthony Davis (corneal abrasion) is questionable to play vs. Hawks on Monday. Davis began regaining vision late Saturday night and his eye is believed to be feeling better.

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1769521513664069992?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Kareem goggles from now on.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:00 pm    Post subject:

i never understand the notion that he "refuses" or "dislikes" playing center. this isn't the 90's we talking about, there are only 2 all star centers in the league (Jokic and Embiid). Bam Adebayo is a center traps in a PF body, he's even smaller than AD in physique. majority of centers nowadays are just belong to two categories: 1. big bruising type, just boards, shot block and set hard screens, or 2. skinny bean stalks just camp outside shoot threes. AD scares of playing against them? he is just soft, period. you put a 6'5" Chuck Hayes (for those remember who he was) on AD, and he'd be struggling.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1422, 1423, 1424 ... 1429, 1430, 1431  Next
Page 1423 of 1431
Jump to: