Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1139, 1140, 1141 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Tatum is only 23, and AD is nearing 30 plus he's injury prone. Tatum's game suits modern day NBA, AD has the size, but he rarely uses it on offense. AD can be taken out of the game on both ends (including defensive end) if someone punks him early and often on the court. picking Tatum over AD is a no brainer. i don't think Celtics is that stupid to pull the trigger.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Tatum is only 23, and AD is nearing 30 plus he's injury prone. Tatum's game suits modern day NBA, AD has the size, but he rarely uses it on offense. AD can be taken out of the game on both ends (including defensive end) if someone punks him early and often on the court. picking Tatum over AD is a no brainer. i don't think Celtics is that stupid to pull the trigger.

Since when did a 28year old became 30+

Come on man…. In Chris berman voice
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
AD is a more meaningful player on both ends than Tatum and it isn't even close. Especially in the playoffs.

with lebron. wouldn't tatum be nice next to Lebron? I imagine if the opportunity was there AD for tatum that most people would do it.

Oh no way. While I agree AD can play better than he has at the start the year, his two way impact is very understated on this board. The defense should improve once he returns because our team defense is better than it was at the start of the season.

Also, aside from his jumpshot %, AD was still putting up great numbers. If that's him playing bad, I take AD over Tatum.

he couldn't carry us when bron was down. So like everyone says about russ, AD's numbers were hollow.

No one is carrying anyone on this team. LeBron's MVP numbers still have us below .500 with AD out.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

In a perfect world..... sigh. Pass the pipe.

Out: AD and THT
In: Tatum and Richardson

Starters: WB/MONK/TATUM/BRON/DWIGHT
Bench: Nunn/Bradley/Richardson/Ariza
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Celtics feel like they are on the verge of making a move. You could at least rationalize getting AD to their fanbase.

Im sure Jaylen is the guy they would rather move, but I have to believe AD can net better.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think the current FO has the guts to trade the big 2 on this team, maybe if we get a new GM then that’s a different story..
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

In a perfect world..... sigh. Pass the pipe.

Out: AD and THT
In: Tatum and Richardson

Starters: WB/MONK/TATUM/BRON/DWIGHT
Bench: Nunn/Bradley/Richardson/Ariza

Maybe closing lineup would be: NUNN/STANLEY/TATUM/BRON/DWIGHT
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t think the current FO has the guts to trade the big 2 on this team, maybe if we get a new GM then that’s a different story..

This is 100% true. The ex agent has no guts
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Ive said that. If rob really wanted to be a gangsta and prove he is in charge he does a move like this. However it has to make sense for us. Like AD for Trae seems interesting but is he enough?
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Ive said that. If rob really wanted to be a gangsta and prove he is in charge he does a move like this. However it has to make sense for us. Like AD for Trae seems interesting but is he enough?

So trade LeBron? That will never happen, there are players you hold on to no matter what. Players like MJ, Kobe, Durant, LeBron don't get traded because trade value doesn't exist when it comes to those names.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:23 am    Post subject:

The AD hate here is ridiculous
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:37 am    Post subject:

I'm not trading AD, he's been playing below level, but he isn't the problem...he and bron have shown they can effectively co-exist....the player who can't is WB and that's problematic given his salary......the only way we make a big move like that if LeBron want's out to go win a chip and the Lakers accommodate...which I actually wouldn't mind depending on what the return...would be good for LBJ (who got us a chip) and good for Lakers (assuming it was a good return).....then seen if you can move WB in the Summer which might be more feasible given he's an expiring....even better maybe without Bron and WB getting to dominant the ball more, he looks better and we get some better value from a trade than just an "expiring".....this is all fantasy land of course
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

No, but they have the brains NOT TO. Unlike some other people here...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject:

If you trade AD, the best deal you can get is a re-build package like OKC got for Paul George. So like 4 draft picks or something and 1 young prospect. Now that may make sense from an "asset" perspective considering most of us would agree that unless we do something magical with the WB contract/situation (Calling Mitch's magic wand) we're sort of stuck being a lower playoff team until 2023. So from an asset perspective maybe it makes sense to make deal.

The issue is the Lakers probably want to continue to be in the playoffs and probably after coming off a 6-7 year lottery tour where they were always saying they were not re-building/tanking (but actually were by default of FAs always saying no to them) that they will want to get a FA in 2023. If you want any shot at vet FAs in 2023 that can still play, you need a good player and a good team.

So in the end, I think the best move for the Lakers even if the championship window of AD/Bron is closed, is to keep AD until you see what you can get in FA in 2023. However here is the important thing. You need to build the team's offense more geared towards AD's needs, and far less towards WB/Bron. We've shifted away from that, and that is why AD has suffered in part to. 2 years ago we made it a focus to get AD the ball. The last few years we've shifted more into "let the guard create the offense". First with Dennis then with WB.

It won't happen, but I would much prefer we see the season out with Bron running the point, Monk/THT/Ellington/Bradley/Reaves/Stanley as wings around AD inside as a 5, and Bron at the point. Sure you won't get KCP/Danny Green/Rondo level play of 2 years ago, but you'll be a balanced team using your superstars right. You're just (bleep) up the mix by adding a "point" guard in there. Use some smaller guards that can defend the point while Lebron runs the point on offense. ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If you trade AD, the best deal you can get is a re-build package like OKC got for Paul George. So like 4 draft picks or something and 1 young prospect. Now that may make sense from an "asset" perspective considering most of us would agree that unless we do something magical with the WB contract/situation (Calling Mitch's magic wand) we're sort of stuck being a lower playoff team until 2023. So from an asset perspective maybe it makes sense to make deal.

The issue is the Lakers probably want to continue to be in the playoffs and probably after coming off a 6-7 year lottery tour where they were always saying they were not re-building/tanking (but actually were by default of FAs always saying no to them) that they will want to get a FA in 2023. If you want any shot at vet FAs in 2023 that can still play, you need a good player and a good team.

So in the end, I think the best move for the Lakers even if the championship window of AD/Bron is closed, is to keep AD until you see what you can get in FA in 2023. However here is the important thing. You need to build the team's offense more geared towards AD's needs, and far less towards WB/Bron. We've shifted away from that, and that is why AD has suffered in part to. 2 years ago we made it a focus to get AD the ball. The last few years we've shifted more into "let the guard create the offense". First with Dennis then with WB.

It won't happen, but I would much prefer we see the season out with Bron running the point, Monk/THT/Ellington/Bradley/Reaves/Stanley as wings around AD inside as a 5, and Bron at the point. Sure you won't get KCP/Danny Green/Rondo level play of 2 years ago, but you'll be a balanced team using your superstars right. You're just (bleep) up the mix by adding a "point" guard in there. Use some smaller guards that can defend the point while Lebron runs the point on offense. ]

Youre speculating. If AD is this all powerful why couldn't he net another teams star?

Hypothetically is Kat and Anthony Edwards better than Kat and AD?

Jaylen/tatum or jaylen/AD

Cp3/booker Cp3/AD

Gobert/ Spida Gobert/AD

If AD is really top 5 he should be able to get us most guys not named freak, ja, Luka, Steph, KD
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Youre speculating. If AD is this all powerful why couldn't he net another teams star?

Hypothetically is Kat and Anthony Edwards better than Kat and AD?

Jaylen/tatum or jaylen/AD

Cp3/booker Cp3/AD

Gobert/ Spida Gobert/AD

If AD is really top 5 he should be able to get us most guys not named freak, ja, Luka, Steph, KD

This year and last he is barely top 20
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I never understood the rationale behind "getting another playmaker".

LeBron as a PG was fantastic during our title run. Dude led the league in assists.

LeBron as a PG + AD + quality wings = success

Other PG's should only see playing time if LeBron's resting
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject:

Why are you guys talking about trading AD?! Beyond the fact that he's an upside top-5 or, at least, top-10 player, cashing him in now makes no sense. Unless you get another top-5 player, which ain't happening, this sets off a massive rebuild--and New Orleans controls our draft capital for the next 4 years! It makes absolutely no sense.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Why are you guys talking about trading AD?! Beyond the fact that he's an upside top-5 or, at least, top-10 player, cashing him in now makes no sense. Unless you get another top-5 player, which ain't happening, this sets off a massive rebuild--and New Orleans controls our draft capital for the next 4 years! It makes absolutely no sense.

he isn't an alpha, 1A guy so for him to be anything we will eventually need to get him another alpha. Bron is clearly that now, but we arent getting a huge break mid-season to fully get the best of Bron late season.

Of course you don't trade him for pieces unless one is a sure fire future star.

If he is top 5/ top 10 then he should be able to get us another elite guy in trade.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

he isn't an alpha, 1A guy so for him to be anything we will eventually need to get him another alpha. Bron is clearly that now, but we arent getting a huge break mid-season to fully get the best of Bron late season.

Of course you don't trade him for pieces unless one is a sure fire future star.

If he is top 5/ top 10 then he should be able to get us another elite guy in trade.

There's this old saying: buy low sell high.
With the Lakers floundering and with him having had little sustained play this season, he will trade well below his true value. It's just the way economics works.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject:

Unless AD gets us Giannis,Jokic,Luka, maybe even Morant…I wouldn’t want to trade him. But it does make me nervous that this guy goes down every year with injuries. That’s the story of his whole career.

His health is what makes me open to seeing what he could fetch in a trade.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Unless AD gets us Giannis,Jokic,Luka, maybe even Morant…I wouldn’t want to trade him. But it does make me nervous that this guy goes down every year with injuries. That’s the story of his whole career.

His health is what makes me open to seeing what he could fetch in a trade.

we ain't getting any of those guys. AD is not that good.

tatum
Anthony edwards
Booker
Spida
maybe Trae
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject:

because this is LG where fans trade anyone, just like NBA2K..lol
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

No. Where is AD? Where was AD last years playoffs? he is not available enough to rely on.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

No. Where is AD? Where was AD last years playoffs? he is not available enough to rely on.

yeah, it is frustrating, but the Lakers won't trade him no matter what.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1139, 1140, 1141 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next
Page 1140 of 1433
Jump to: