Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1086, 1087, 1088 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:30 am    Post subject:

I don't like AD's play. He is light weight not good, offensively, just taller, has more length, and faster than everybody on the court. But he's not that good of a shooter, passer, dribbler, and he's a big with no big man moves. Has length, but don't necessarily know how to use it. He wants to be a point, but not that good of a dribbler or passer. Wants to be a shooting guard, but can't really shoot. He's a big, but don't have any technical big moves and doesn't really know how to use his length. He is so frustrating for me to watch. Right now, it just seems like he is passed his prime.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:29 am    Post subject:

Davis is playing like he’s past his prime despite not even being 30. He’s an infuriating player especially if your favorite player is LeBron or Kobe because those guys never took nights off. We’ve been spoiled by their greatness from game to game. AD shows up looking like the best player in the game one night then is quiet as a mouse other nights save for a few blocks. It’s maddening.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject:

AD’s defense need to go up couple notches, his penetrating guard coverage been almost non existent but this is the valley so mid season peak would look closer to champ AD season
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:17 am    Post subject:

He’s still getting pushed around like a rag doll by even point guards. I don’t get how weak this guy is in the paint. Upper body looks bigger. He just plays small and exaggerates contact. This is why bron wants him to play mad. Just naturally soft out there.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
He’s still getting pushed around like a rag doll by even point guards. I don’t get how weak this guy is in the paint. Upper body looks bigger. He just plays small and exaggerates contact. This is why bron wants him to play mad. Just naturally soft out there.

Jae crowder owns him. Its that sad. No idea what happened to bubble AD
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

When LeBron retires, any chance New Orleans would do Ingram for AD straight up?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

They asked him to shoot more threes. Thats a green light to playing soft. Big mistake. Lakers front office is full of idiots. They were gifted two of the best players in the game and only got one championship to show for.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
When LeBron retires, any chance New Orleans would do Ingram for AD straight up?

Lol like thanks for the rental, but can we get our player back now?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
They asked him to shoot more threes. Thats a green light to playing soft. Big mistake. Lakers front office is full of idiots. They were gifted two of the best players in the game and only got one championship to show for.

This page in this thread is going to be hysterical next summer.

As for the 3s....I am not sure if you are aware of how NBA teams work, but the FO does not dictate shot selection to players. That is a coaching decision.

As for the one championship...how many do the Nets have? How many did the Celtics get with their last super team? Only ten teams have won NBA championships in the last 2 decades. It isn't some regular occurrence--unless you're the Lakers with 6 in the last twenty years. And with no AD, there is zero championships since 2010. Facts. So we could have zero or one. I take one.

As to this lamentation of lack of "big man moves," are you guys living in the stone ages? The post game died a decade ago. No one does "big man moves" with any sort of regularity anymore. And the team has spacing issues as is--you want to exacerbate this by posting AD up and neutralizing Lebron and Russ? Genius. Why go out of your way to lower offensive efficiency even more? The post up has gone the way of the dinosaurs because it isn't efficient on a points per possession basis. Like every other aspect of the modern world, big data analytics rules--so you can lament the loss of the beauty of the post up game, but it is unlikely to come back without some rule changes to increase the success rate of this shot attempts.

Like the rest of the team, AD will get into all-star form in a few more weeks. All the emoting is wasted and just some weird virtue signaling that you're a fellow chicken little acting like it's your first NBA season.

Seriously, trade him back for Ingram? Y'all are hilarious.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

This page in this thread is going to be hysterical next summer.

As for the 3s....I am not sure if you are aware of how NBA teams work, but the FO does not dictate shot selection to players. That is a coaching decision.

As for the one championship...how many do the Nets have? How many did the Celtics get with their last super team? Only ten teams have won NBA championships in the last 2 decades. It isn't some regular occurrence--unless you're the Lakers with 6 in the last twenty years. And with no AD, there is zero championships since 2010. Facts. So we could have zero or one. I take one.

As to this lamentation of lack of "big man moves," are you guys living in the stone ages? The post game died a decade ago. No one does "big man moves" with any sort of regularity anymore. And the team has spacing issues as is--you want to exacerbate this by posting AD up and neutralizing Lebron and Russ? Genius. Why go out of your way to lower offensive efficiency even more? The post up has gone the way of the dinosaurs because it isn't efficient on a points per possession basis. Like every other aspect of the modern world, big data analytics rules--so you can lament the loss of the beauty of the post up game, but it is unlikely to come back without some rule changes to increase the success rate of this shot attempts.

Like the rest of the team, AD will get into all-star form in a few more weeks. All the emoting is wasted and just some weird virtue signaling that you're a fellow chicken little acting like it's your first NBA season.

Seriously, trade him back for Ingram? Y'all are hilarious.

I wouldn't trade him back for BI. LOL! But I am disappointed so far. I truly thought he was on the rise, and would reach and surpass Tim Duncan level. Such dominance would make him Batman, and Bron can ease into a Robin role as he rides into the sunset. That's not happening. In year 4 of Bron's contract, we are still going as far as he takes us, and that's not good. I am a bit pessimistic since this season hasn't played out year. Maybe he takes the mantle this season, but if he doesn't, I don't ever see it happening. It'll be a case of "he is what he is."
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

He’s exceeded my expectations more often than not since lacing up with the Purple and Gold. So he’ll get the benefit of the doubt from me.

I’ll only revisit the convo if we have a disappointing post season and he underperforms.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

He needs to get out of his head.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject:

The best word I can think of to describe AD's play is uninspired. He does not move with a sense of purpose. I'm hoping he's getting in basketball shape mentally as well as physically.

Hoping to see an "angry" AD play like LeBron called him.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:52 am    Post subject:

Hopefully Russ is able to push AD like he said he would (and AD welcomed this), but sadly I think the only person that can push him is himself.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject:

we love AD, just wanna see him dominating... again
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
The best word I can think of to describe AD's play is uninspired. He does not move with a sense of purpose. I'm hoping he's getting in basketball shape mentally as well as physically.

Not going to happen unfortunately. he is just not that type of player who wants to dominate. He wants to play easy but to put numbers and not to be main guy. We have to accept that because it will not change. There is no that eye of the tiger in his eyes. He is just great player but not dominant player.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

That's a good word. As much as I hated KG, you would love him if he was on your team. Just non-stop motor every night like Kobe. Jawing at everybody, you don't have to wonder if KG was in the moment. He was, every game. I never realized how laid back Anthony Davis is.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

That's a good word. As much as I hated KG, you would love him if he was on your team. Just non-stop motor every night like Kobe. Jawing at everybody, you don't have to wonder if KG was in the moment. He was, every game. I never realized how laid back Anthony Davis is.

AD is not built that way and never will. He is who he is….brings it some nights and not others. He admits it “I didn’t come ready to play….it’s on me.” This is who he is…prefers the perimeter much more than the inside. Sorry he’s soft most of the time. Can’t change who he is. One thing for certain and no one can dispute. Giannis is 10x the player AD is. Hungrier, passionate, tough minded. No way AD could ever win a title with the Buck roster. Dispute this until you’re green in the face….Giannis is the greater of the two and it’s not close.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

AD is not built that way and never will. He is who he is….brings it some nights and not others. He admits it “I didn’t come ready to play….it’s on me.” This is who he is…prefers the perimeter much more than the inside. Sorry he’s soft most of the time. Can’t change who he is. One thing for certain and no one can dispute. Giannis is 10x the player AD is. Hungrier, passionate, tough minded. No way AD could ever win a title with the Buck roster. Dispute this until you’re green in the face….Giannis is the greater of the two and it’s not close.

Yup I'm not a fan of Giannis at all, and even then I wouldn't put AD and Giannis in the same sentence. Defensively though, AD isn't too far off
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

10x is a bit rough. AD has had seasons and stretches of equal two way impact. Bubble AD was significantly more impressive, OVER THE FULL PLAYOFFS, than Giannis last season.

We shouldn't say "x player couldn't do y" when injuries played a major role in what the Bucks accomplished, however impressive.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

I've observed a few other greats who were like that. The first that comes to mind is Shaq. If we combine AD's disposition with his newly signed fat contract, we have a guy who is going to need a spur in the side from time to time from either LeBron or Westbrook.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

10x is a bit rough. AD has had seasons and stretches of equal two way impact. Bubble AD was significantly more impressive, OVER THE FULL PLAYOFFS, than Giannis last season.

We shouldn't say "x player couldn't do y" when injuries played a major role in what the Bucks accomplished, however impressive.

Yeah, I haven't been a fan of AD's uninspired and lackadaisical effort ever since the bubble ended but let's not get insane here.. He's still a top player and like you said when he's firing on all cylinders like he was during the entire Playoffs in 2019 i'd take that AD over anyone in the NBA and quite easily.

I completely get the frustration and obviously Giannis is the better player since he just won a Championship and has that high motor and all out attitude nearly every game. 10x's better though? Nahhhhhh...

I will say i'm very curious to see how AD ramps up this season though, if he continues to look better and better throughout the year only to start dominating on both ends towards the end of the year and through the Playoffs i'll be completely fine with that. It's def. not ideal and i'd rather see a bit more fire in him early but as long the beastly AD comes out when it matters I can at least somewhat understand and accept it.

It was a bit of a bad look when the older guys in Westbrook and Bron were clearly putting on a show and plenty of effort in that last pre-season game at times while the guy right in the middle of his prime looked like he was mentally in another entire place giving minimal effort.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Asking him to play further from the rim was a mistake. He needs to go back to operating closer to the basket more often. That was his bread and butter, getting easy baskets with lobs and putbacks. He looks stronger now so he should be even more dominant now in the paint than he ever was in New Orleans. Rondo used to throw a lot of lobs to AD when they were both with the Pelicans.

His rebounding has declined every year since being traded to LA, specifically his offensive rebounding last season. He took too many shots outside the paint and he seems to be continuing that trend this preseason. This needs to be corrected as we go further into the season especially when he's playing with Lebron James, Westbrook and Rajon Rondo.. he should be feasting and getting the easiest baskets of his career and not settling for mid-range jumpers a good portion of the time.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Asking him to play further from the rim was a mistake. He needs to go back to operating closer to the basket more often. That was his bread and butter, getting easy baskets with lobs and putbacks. He looks stronger now so he should be even more dominant now in the paint than he ever was in New Orleans. Rondo used to throw a lot of lobs to AD when they were both with the Pelicans.

His rebounding has declined every year since being traded to LA, specifically his offensive rebounding last season. He took too many shots outside the paint and he seems to be continuing that trend this preseason. This needs to be corrected as we go further into the season especially when he's playing with Lebron James, Westbrook and Rajon Rondo.. he should be feasting and getting the easiest baskets of his career and not settling for mid-range jumpers a good portion of the time.

Vogel wanted him to attempt 5 3's a game. Though ideally it keeps the defense honest, it isn't his strong suit. Rather than them thinking he will develop it, I wonder if there is an underlying compromise. You give LBJ and AD the green light and they will take contested or rushed 3's in times that they're winded.

They also don't have a stretch big unless you consider Melo one. It was annoying hearing "AD is our stretch big from alone fans. They'll need another big for some of AD's minutes to stretch so he can be utilized as you say. That or when these guards get healthy look for q deal for a stretch big if not defensive wing.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Fact is the jump shot just isn’t falling like it did in the bubble. If that doesn’t come back it really limits our offense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1086, 1087, 1088 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1087 of 1425
Jump to: