Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1081, 1082, 1083 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
32 wrote:
I expect AD to be a candidate for MVP and DPOY this year. He will be the key to the Lakers winning the championship.

It all comes down to health with him.

He needs to find a way to stay on the floor more consistently.

Maybe he needs better trainers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
32 wrote:
I expect AD to be a candidate for MVP and DPOY this year. He will be the key to the Lakers winning the championship.

AD is just fragile. He hasn't had been seriously injured freaky deaky stuff. Knee to the thigh, finger in the eye, finger jammed by ball, freak accidents. If we stay healthy we're gonna raise #18

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
32 wrote:

I think AD is just fragile. He hasn't had been seriously injured freaky deaky stuff. Knee to the thigh, finger in the eye, finger jammed by ball, freak accidents. If we stay healthy we're gonna raise #18

Yep. He's never been seriously injured in his career. I think he's also a little bit of a hypochondriac.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
32 wrote:

I think AD is just fragile. He hasn't had been seriously injured freaky deaky stuff. Knee to the thigh, finger in the eye, finger jammed by ball, freak accidents. If we stay healthy we're gonna raise #18

Yep. He's never been seriously injured in his career. I think he's also a little bit of a hypochondriac.

Most are. Look at kawai. Dude literally sits when he has a stuffy nose.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
32 wrote:

Most are. Look at kawai. Dude literally sits when he has a stuffy nose.

Derrick Rose was simultaneously injury prone and a hypochondriac.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
24 points per game
10 rebounds
3 assists
2 blocks
1 steal

50+% FG
32% threes
80+% FT's

34-35 minutes per game.

Healthy.

Please AD. Please....

expecting better than that, better 3pt % than Bron, 35-36%, be elite but everything else is butter
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Anthony Davis Has Been Putting In Work With New Trainer This Offseason, Per NBA Source:

This is a great thing!!!! Need that body stronger, better balanced and able to absorb contact!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
32 wrote:

AD is just fragile. He hasn't had been seriously injured freaky deaky stuff. Knee to the thigh, finger in the eye, finger jammed by ball, freak accidents. If we stay healthy we're gonna raise #18

How about the strained calf and groin just the past season? That wasn’t being fragile. Hopefully that groin will be 100% healed this fall.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

AD isn't a tough player at all. Similar to Pau though Pau had a stronger and more stable base. AD is more athletic but he FLAILS incessantly. Mad annoying.

I rather see AD in P&R action as the lob threat than him popping or trying to create his own offense off the bounce.

Now, if AD had Pau's basketball IQ, AD would likely be one of the best PFs of All Time. Think a more athletic Chris Webber:

IMHO, AD wastes a lot of his talent trying to be an on-ball scorer. Stick to passing over the D, setting hard screens and getting easy lob looks at the rim. That will save him a lot of energy on the offensive end which he could channel into becoming an elite rim protector and anchor which would result in him becoming a perennial DPOY candidate.

With Russ and LeBron creating 90% of the offense, what would help this team is if AD took more responsibility for anchoring the Defense. Can you imagine AD and Dwight grabbing 10-15 rebounds/game EACH AND averaging 2-4 BLOCKS/game EACH??? It just wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
32 wrote:

How about the strained calf and groin just the past season? That wasn’t being fragile. Hopefully that groin will be 100% healed this fall.

Those are common injuries. Hopefully he'll get a trainer to strengthen his groin and calf muscles.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

ad is a championship big who had an unreal postseason run, he tried to play hurt.

Kawai, KD, Embiid, klay arent tough if AD isnt.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Davis gave an update on his injury on his Twitch stream when asked by a viewer how he was feeling.

“Groin feels real good. Trust me, we’re going to be ready for next year. We’re going to be right.”

LINK
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis’s agency Klutch Sports has reportedly hired a trainer to help keep AD in proper condition to be available next season 👀

AD has also said on Twitch recently his injured groin now “feels good” and that the Lakers will be “ready for next year” 💪

(@LandonBuford)

I’m willing to bet this is the first time he’s done this…hopefully it’ll make a huge difference
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

In order to find the next Kcp/AC caliber defender in-house, AD’s gotta bring it on the help and interior defense. Our perimeter D of yesteryear doesn’t have the punch it had without the Brow certifying it. It begins and ends with you, BrowDie.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I just want AD to be healthy for the playoffs. MVP and DPOY are meaningless. I consider them as consolation prizes given out by the league to scrubs who couldn't win the ring.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Anthony Davis’s agency Klutch Sports has reportedly hired a trainer to help keep AD in proper condition to be available next season 👀

AD has also said on Twitch recently his injured groin now “feels good” and that the Lakers will be “ready for next year” 💪

(@LandonBuford)

I’m willing to bet this is the first time he’s done this…hopefully it’ll make a huge difference

They and he were too cheap to hire a trainer for him until just now?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
King Randle wrote:

(@LandonBuford)

For real, this (bleep) doesn't make any sense, couldn't stay in the floor in NO making $150 million and you can hire someone for $300k.

I feel like if this doesn't work then he's just meant to play in the bubble......bubble wrap, boom problem solved
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:31 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
In order to find the next Kcp/AC caliber defender in-house, AD’s gotta bring it on the help and interior defense. Our perimeter D of yesteryear doesn’t have the punch it had without the Brow certifying it. It begins and ends with you, BrowDie.

Agreed. Alot easier to hound ballhandlers defensively if you have an elite rim protector backing you up...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:48 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
King Randle wrote:

(@LandonBuford)

No not cheap….he never had a trainer to work on his body the entire off season….balance, chore etc. injury prevention. Sure he had a trainer to work on his game but not focusing on his body.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lousiana Residents are Stocking Up on Everything To Prepare For Hurricane Ida, But the One Thing They Refuse to Buy and Only Thing Left on The Shelves is Anthony Davis' Lime & Jalapeno Ruffles

Such misguided hate. Stop buying tickets, merchandise and putting money in the owners/investors pockets.

Stop blaming AD, Lonzo, Zion, etc.

The one common denominator is incompetent ownership and front office.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
MVP and DPOY are meaningless. I consider them as consolation prizes given out by the league to scrubs who couldn't win the ring.

You're considering them wrong then.

MVP and DPoY are regular season awards that are voted on before the playoffs begin.

They literally have no connection to what happens in the playoffs, so they aren't any kind of consolation prize for not winning a ring.

Many players have won an MVP and ring in the same season. Five players have won DPoY and a ring in the same season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Lousiana Residents are Stocking Up on Everything To Prepare For Hurricane Ida, But the One Thing They Refuse to Buy and Only Thing Left on The Shelves is Anthony Davis' Lime & Jalapeno Ruffles

Such misguided hate. Stop buying tickets, merchandise and putting money in the owners/investors pockets.

I thought it was hilarious.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

the onion couldn't have done better.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Of course we knew you would…being the super pelicans/Clippers fan you are 👍
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Of course we knew you would…being the super pelicans/Clippers fan you are 👍

Speaking of the Onion about the Clippers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1081, 1082, 1083 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 1082 of 1427
Jump to: