Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 808, 809, 810 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
parsons777 wrote:
We are going to face a very difficult choice around the trade deadline...

Come on with the negativity... it's one game in which other than Green and Dudley, nobody could was hitting shots (Cook, Daniels, KCP), we kept turning it over, we had some bad calls go against us, and we're missing Kuzma.

I agree we have weaknesses but AD, short of us totally missing the playoffs or losing in the 1st round is not leaving. You think he's going to go sign with RJ, Dennis Smith and the Knicks?

He and LeBron played horribly in the 4th and Vogel made some questionable decisions.

We'll be fine enough to keep AD.

I still think the more likely outcome is he signs a 2+1 and walks in 2022 when Lebron's deal expires. He'll only be 29 and will be eligible for a 35% max.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
2019 wrote:
parsons777 wrote:

Come on with the negativity... it's one game in which other than Green and Dudley, nobody could was hitting shots (Cook, Daniels, KCP), we kept turning it over, we had some bad calls go against us, and we're missing Kuzma.

I agree we have weaknesses but AD, short of us totally missing the playoffs or losing in the 1st round is not leaving. You think he's going to go sign with RJ, Dennis Smith and the Knicks?

He and LeBron played horribly in the 4th and Vogel made some questionable decisions.

I still think the more likely outcome is he signs a 2+1 and walks in 2022 when Lebron's deal expires. He'll only be 29 and will be eligible for a 35% max.

I'll take 4 years of AD if that's what it comes down to... let's just hope for one or two rings in that time. Agree?

But I think we're going to go heavy on the Giannis/FA 2021 pursuit and whether people want to dismiss that this early, I do think we are potentially a real option for him if he hits FA. Even if no Giannis, we're clearly trying too show AD that he wields the sword around here. Our approach seems to be to let AD and Klutch know they have say across the board. That carries weight for someone like AD. But again, I'll take 4 years of AD knowing we'll potentially have max money to build around him with.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
The guard skills are somewhat underwhelming so far.

Chemistry with Lebron, too. Hopefully that comes with time. Seems like they're both still in the feeling out process, and everybody for some reason has it in their head that the best way to utilize him is throw it to him in the post (most of the time with his back to the basket from 10-15 feet out)...

The offensive sets were really stagnant, as well.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
2019 wrote:
parsons777 wrote:

I'll take 4 years of AD if that's what it comes down to... let's just hope for one or two rings in that time. Agree?

But I think we're going to go heavy on the Giannis/FA 2021 pursuit and whether people want to dismiss that this early, I do think we are potentially a real option for him if he hits FA. Even if no Giannis, we're clearly trying too show AD that he wields the sword around here. Our approach seems to be to let AD and Klutch know they have say across the board. That carries weight for someone like AD. But again, I'll take 4 years of AD knowing we'll potentially have max money to build around him with.

An AD/Giannis pairing would be awkward and that plan still requires Lebron opting out of $40M+ to either restructure his deal or go back to Cleveland or something.

I'm not so enamored of AD that trading away that much future draft capital and flexibility for four seasons of a non-initiating big seems super worthwhile. But hopefully the Lakers can squeeze one last title run out of Lebron.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Let’s ship AD out for Tatum straight up.

Anyway. Someone mentioned this already, but AD does fall to the floor way too much. I think he fell like 7-8 times today. 1 day he will get hurt
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject:

AD played like a blackhole. He was drawing the defense in, but refusing to even look to pass. Sort of like Kobe when he used to draw in the entire defense on the weakside isolations.

I love that AD draws that much attention. I like that he is taking on the challenge. But I want him to watch the game tape and figure out ways he can be effective as a passer. As a facilitator. What he should do is draw the defense in, kick out to LBJ who would then attack a recovering defense. There were just no kick outs or much ball movement once AD got the ball.

What we need to work on for AD. When help comes:

Look for McGee/Howard under the basket.
Look for the far corner 3 ball shooter.
Look for a kick out to LBJ, who will then dribble penetrate and maybe even find him.

We should also run far more Lebron/AD screen and rolls.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject:

not really liking AD going iso from the post so much. I dont think thatsn an efficient play, but maybe it's a reflection of our limited guard play
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject:

I think people just don't realize how tough Montrel is. Look, now we have AD for 82 games, that means you'll see games like this, you'll see all his warts and pimples. It's like those short stocky centers like Chuck Hayes who Shaq couldn't back up and couldn't dominate. It's like nights where Kobe had to chuck 35 shots to score 30 pts on Bruce Bowen or Tayshuan Prince.

It just so happens the Clippers have several of these types of dudes that are going to give us fits. Yeah, they're going to be tough. You'll need to play better offense and hope that they're not making shots. I said this last night, it felt like 2000 Lakers and Blazers. I'm not saying in terms of talent, I'm saying in terms of feel. Back then I just felt intimated by those Blazers because they just outwork you for 4 quarters and a deep roster. We had two super stars and some slow aging vets. Luckily the Blazers choked, so now we stroll down memory lane with only good memories, but I've said all along the supporting cast back then weren't that good.

It feels like that to me. We are going to get outworked by the Clippers, we just need to play good offense and hope they choke offensively.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

Anyway. Someone mentioned this already, but AD does fall to the floor way too much. I think he fell like 7-8 times today. 1 day he will get hurt

I'd prefer Doncic to Tatum.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I think people just don't realize how tough Montrel is. Look, now we have AD for 82 games, that means you'll see games like this, you'll see all his warts and pimples. It's like those short stocky centers like Chuck Hayes who Shaq couldn't back up and couldn't dominate. It's like nights where Kobe had to chuck 35 shots to score 30 pts on Bruce Bowen or Tayshuan Prince.

It just so happens the Clippers have several of these types of dudes that are going to give us fits. Yeah, they're going to be tough. You'll need to play better offense and hope that they're not making shots. I said this last night, it felt like 2000 Lakers and Blazers. I'm not saying in terms of talent, I'm saying in terms of feel. Back then I just felt intimated by those Blazers because they just outwork you for 4 quarters and a deep roster. We had two super stars and some slow aging vets. Luckily the Blazers choked, so now we stroll down memory lane with only good memories, but I've said all along the supporting cast back then weren't that good.

It feels like that to me. We are going to get outworked by the Clippers, we just need to play good offense and hope they choke offensively.

I don't think we have the legs to keep up with their energy so like you said, better hope they choke offensively.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

I'd prefer Doncic to Tatum.

Oh, absolutely
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

I agree with your last sentence, but also the key difference in Kobe/Shaq and AD is that AD can be useful in screen/roll offense. He didn't do much of that. Once it becomes apparent the ISO ball isn't working, need to switch up to more pick and rolls with Lebron/AD. And AD didn't really do that enough. We need to adjust that next time he is in that situation, we get him a lot of looks after setting a screen. Even Lebron same thing. He isn't like Kobe, where he enjoys the challenge of isolating. Kobe and Shaq lived that way. These cats should iso, but they should also play a lot of screen/roll together like we saw more of in preseason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

my thoughts exactly. KG is a rarity, but for someone AD's height, he needs to have a stronger base and upper body strength.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

my thoughts exactly. KG is a rarity, but for someone AD's height, he needs to have a stronger base and upper body strength.

Hibbert 2.0
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

he got his 25/10 but was no way dominant
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

I read a source that spoke to Sam Amick and he told Amick the only way AD doesn’t re-sign is if the Lakers mess it up...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Davis decides to go to the Bulls or Knicks.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

And if that does happen (not saying it will), Klutch will have done to the Lakers organization what they did to the Cleveland organization.

All those draft picks and young developing players...poof.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

He won't go anywhere. It's 1 game. lol
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And if that does happen (not saying it will), Klutch will have done to the Lakers organization what they did to the Cleveland organization.

Cleveland got a championship out of doing that. I’m pretty sure they would do it all over again.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Cleveland got a championship out of doing that. I’m pretty sure they would do it all over again.

That’s fine. I just don’t see it with 35 year old Lebron.

The path to a championship imo is AD stays, they get another star somehow and they sign a legitimate GM with a legit basketball background and elite roster building.

No one is saying Pelinka is stupid, but to me he’s just a numbers guy and CBA/Cap Manager for Klutch.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
AD played like a blackhole. He was drawing the defense in, but refusing to even look to pass. Sort of like Kobe when he used to draw in the entire defense on the weakside isolations.

I love that AD draws that much attention. I like that he is taking on the challenge. But I want him to watch the game tape and figure out ways he can be effective as a passer. As a facilitator. What he should do is draw the defense in, kick out to LBJ who would then attack a recovering defense. There were just no kick outs or much ball movement once AD got the ball.

What we need to work on for AD. When help comes:

Look for McGee/Howard under the basket.
Look for the far corner 3 ball shooter.
Look for a kick out to LBJ, who will then dribble penetrate and maybe even find him.

We should also run far more Lebron/AD screen and rolls.

Good post. He had a bad case of tunnel vision last night and a lot of his teammates were standing around. Fixable stuff.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

His 1st half was pretty nice.
Clippers did a better job in the 2nd half.
Plus the Lakers did a horrible job in the 2nd half.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

The biggest thing Lakers got away from was the PnR they showed in preseason. Don’t know why, because it was their bread and butter imo.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

The biggest thing Lakers got away from was the PnR they showed in preseason. Don’t know why, because it was their bread and butter imo.

I’m guessing they stopped going to it because it stopped working. Clips adjusted and our adjustment to that wasn’t good enough. But as others have noted, if some of the other shooters besides DG hit a few of those outside shots could have been a win.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 808, 809, 810 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next
Page 809 of 1433
Jump to: