Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 774, 775, 776 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

THIS THREAD READS MUCH BETTER WHEN WE DON'T HAVE POSTS ABOUT EACH OTHER. STAY ON TOPIC, PLEASE.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Shoot Like Kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Car54 wrote:
I don’t think people understand how good AD is he gets 50 with ease. And he’s capable of dominating the perimeter and inside.

This is how I find myself feeling. I don't know how many full games I've actually watched AD play. I know he's a stud and I've seen the stats. But I don't think I'll understand how good he is until I see it every game next season.

I’ve watched a lot and good numbers with not much winning. Part of the problem is that he has had issues staying on the court. Hopefully he can consistently be available.

If you've watched a lot then you would know he hasn't had good teams.

How much help does a superstar need to consistently win 35 games?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Shoot Like Kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Car54 wrote:
I don’t think people understand how good AD is he gets 50 with ease. And he’s capable of dominating the perimeter and inside.

This is how I find myself feeling. I don't know how many full games I've actually watched AD play. I know he's a stud and I've seen the stats. But I don't think I'll understand how good he is until I see it every game next season.

I’ve watched a lot and good numbers with not much winning. Part of the problem is that he has had issues staying on the court. Hopefully he can consistently be available.

Depends on the conference.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Which team will present him with a better opportunity next summer than the Lakers? This season would have to be an epic disaster for him to leave.

I guess the three teams that come to mind that can potentially steal him away are the Knicks, Nets, and Bulls.

I would say Knicks and Nets because New York was his other destination according to reports and the Bulls because he's from chicago. But not sure what those teams cap space looks like next summer.

Anyways, this is just really a mental exercise. He isn't leaving LeBron and the Lakers high and dry. We'll have him for the next decade
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Shoot Like Kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Not really. I’ve seen Harden lose Howard, Beverly and his top two PFs for half the year and still get a top seed. Luka got a rag tag bunch 33 this year. The Kings kids got 39. I’m talking regularly winning 35 games. Davis has had enough support on his teams to not lose over half his games (high 50% range) for the majority of his career.

That’s why I don’t see him leaving. He won’t have #1 option pressure here and he’s failed in that role.

Last edited by Dreamshake on Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
deal wrote:
AD's response of "I'm focused on this season" was Kawhi's response to everyone when asked if he would sign a long term contract with the Rap's.

That's something to watch for as the upcoming season comes to an end....

AD wanted to be traded to LA and he was traded to the Lakers. Kawhi wanted to be traded to LA and he was traded to Canada.

This is a "there's not a whole lot going on right now" story. I'm not worried about it.

I agree with you and all that have had input. Still, he remains uncommitted for
the time being and come the end of the season I'm sure we'll all feel a little
pressured by that.

However, let me not duel on that, we have a new season with AD on board and many reasons to be optimistic about the outcome at this stage.

JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

35 wins is a playoff team in the East. It’s been that way for nearly two decades.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
David Griffin said all the things Laker fans said about the young core with no backlash...strange how that works.

https://twitter.com/unwrittenrul3s/status/1151280532908462080?s=21

So true.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Shoot Like Kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Not really. I’ve seen Harden lose Howard, Beverly and his top two PFs for half the year and still get a top seed. Luka got a rag tag bunch 33 this year. The Kings kids got 39. I’m talking regularly winning 35 games. Davis has had enough support on his teams to not lose over half his games (high 50% range) for the majority of his career.

That’s why I don’t see him leaving. He won’t have #1 option pressure here and he’s failed in that role.

I've seen Harden and Luka not missing many games those seasons either. Obviously it's a combination of factors.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
35 wins is a playoff team in the East. It’s been that way for nearly two decades.

35 wins wouldn’t have gotten you in in the East at any point of Davis’s career. 38 woulda got you in his first 3 years. After that it’s always been .500 and above.

And he hasn’t even hit 35 in 5 of his 7 years.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Shoot Like Kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Car54 wrote:

I've seen Harden and Luka not missing many games those seasons either. Obviously it's a combination of factors.

Not to mention he's a ball dominate chucking guard (really good one but still) so that is massively different then a big man who needs a good play making guard to really maximize his skill set. Not even comparable at all imo.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:

Well yeah, his inability to stay on the court is part of it.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Delete

Last edited by Dreamshake on Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Not to mention he's a ball dominate chucking guard (really good one but still) so that is massively different then a big man who needs a good play making guard to really maximize his skill set. Not even comparable at all imo.

Harden wasn’t ball dominant until Mike D became the coach 3 years ago. Prior to that he still didn’t miss the playoffs playing with the likes of Lin/Parsons, or when Howard missed half the year.

And I don’t recall Robinson, Ewing or Dream playing with really good playmaking guards all the time. They still managed to win games by dominating both sides of the court, something Davis should be able to do.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

This noncommittal may not even be all about AD. This could be Rich Paul giving us early warning for Klutch Tax 2020.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
David Griffin said all the things Laker fans said about the young core with no backlash...strange how that works.

https://twitter.com/unwrittenrul3s/status/1151280532908462080?s=21

So true.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
This noncommittal may not even be all about AD. This could be Rich Paul giving us early warning for Klutch Tax 2020.

That would suck if we offer KCP a 5 year 100 million dollar deal.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
hype wrote:

Harden wasn’t ball dominant until Mike D became the coach 3 years ago. Prior to that he still didn’t miss the playoffs playing with the likes of Lin/Parsons, or when Howard missed half the year.

And I don’t recall Robinson, Ewing or Dream playing with really good playmaking guards all the time. They still managed to win games by dominating both sides of the court, something Davis should be able to do.

I agree, I think will be absolutely dominating both sides this season, something Harden def. forgot all about as well once Mike D came around. Regardless, I take Davis every single time over Harden without a second thought. He's never winning a championship as the main guy imo. Great stats and regular season but routinely falls short in the playoffs year after year..... after year.

It's not like The Dream played with one of the greatest guards of all time in Drexler along with Cassell at the point who was very solid.. He also didn't win a Championship until his 10th season. I think Davis will be getting there a few years earlier
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
It's not like The Dream played with one of the greatest guards of all time in Drexler along with Cassell at the point who was very solid.. He also didn't win a Championship until his 10th season. I think Davis will be getting there a few years earlier

Who said anything about winning a title. My question was how much help does one need to consistently win 35 games? The pivots I mentioned were still able to do that in seasons where they didn’t have great playmakers on their roster.

Dream played with a star like LeBron (not even like him, but another top player period) twice before he got old. His 2nd season with Sampson where he made the Finals and when he repeated with Drexler (won without a star the year prior). If he were playing alongside LeBron.....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I come to this thread to talk about Harden and the Rox! Right guys?
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The convo is about Davis and his inability to lead teams to wins. Harden and others are just examples of other players that could win games when not surrounded by a lot of talent.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The convo is about Davis and his inability to lead teams to wins. Harden and others are just examples of other players that could win games when not surrounded by a lot of talent.

The current state of the league tends to be guard dominant. Hakeem played in a different era. I don't know if we get much using him as a comp for AD.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Something I just realized...
in 2008 Kobe and Pau, who didnt even have a full season together marched a somewhat rag tag Lakers team that was missing Bynum and Ariza all the way to the NBA finals.
Id say Lebron and AD clearly have a stronger set of support players than that Laker playoff team.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
hype wrote:

Who said anything about winning a title. My question was how much help does one need to consistently win 35 games? The pivots I mentioned were still able to do that in seasons where they didn’t have great playmakers on their roster.

Dream played with a star like LeBron (not even like him, but another top player period) twice before he got old. His 2nd season with Sampson where he made the Finals and when he repeated with Drexler (won without a star the year prior). If he were playing alongside LeBron.....

Meh. I doubt it woulda made a difference. 11 year old Lebron would have been dominated by NBA talent. Don't even get me started on 2 year old Lebron…
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
hype wrote:

Winning a title is all most Lakers fans care about tbh.. Last thing I want is a team that's really good but everyone knows they probably will never win a championship (Besides you and a few other Rocket fans of course). The current Rocket Harden era reminds me a lot of the Suns of the earlier 2000's, really great regular season team with a Hall Of Famer but there's usually always at least a team or two that is better so congrats on that I guess if you count that as a victory. I'm sure Harden will give you at least a few more great regular seasons where he once again fails to advance in the playoffs. But hey, he made those Playoffs every year so you can always be proud of that!

Last edited by hype on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 774, 775, 776 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 775 of 1427
Jump to: