Stephon Marbury named coach of Beijing team in CBA

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Stephon Marbury named coach of Beijing team in CBA

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27046076/marbury-named-coach-beijing-team-cba

Quote:
Marbury named coach of Beijing team in CBA

Former NBA All-Star Stephon Marbury is continuing his professional basketball career -- in a different fashion -- by becoming the head coach of the Beijing Royal Fighters of the Chinese Basketball Association, where he retired from playing last year.

Monday's announcement came after weeks of speculation among Chinese basketball insiders that the 42-year-old New Yorker was set to take a head coach position with Beijing.

"Thank you for the opportunity. I will give everything I have on the sidelines just like I gave everything inside the Lines," Marbury wrote on his Weibo social media account. "The end is another start, I am back, are you with me?"

The team first announced the hiring in a statement hours earlier. Marbury signed a three-year deal with Beijing, according to Chinese media reports.

After 13 seasons in the NBA, Marbury moved to China in early 2010 and joined the CBA, winning three championships there, and has since become one of the best foreign imports the league has seen.

Since retirement from playing, Marbury has been devoted to his business ventures and to youth basketball training in China.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

hes doing great over there. loved watching marbury despite what everyone says.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject:

I've been rooting for Marbury since watching documentaries about him trying to make the pros. I'm happy for his success.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject:

Marbury's success story in China is amazing. To have a broadway play created in his name, in chinese
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Man, I'm really happy for Steph! I remember just a decade ago he was eating vaseline on live webcam! Great that he's in a better state of mind and doing well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: