Houston not renewing their defensive coach contract

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Houston not renewing their defensive coach contract

Houston not bringing back Bzdelik! First they beg him to come back after their terrible start and now they are not going to renewing his contract. This don't look good for the Rox.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26776374/rockets-not-bringing-back-defensive-guru-bzdelik
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

"He's doing too good with his job with team defense. Don't re-sign him, Darryl!" - Mike D'Antoni.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

the more shot you give up the more shots you can get up
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Weird; from the playoff games I saw this year, it was the first time I actually saw Houston playing quality defense.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

So he's available? I wonder if Frank needs an defensive AC or if his old crew is available.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
So he's available? I wonder if JEANNIE needs an defensive AC or if his old crew is available.

Fixed...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
"He's doing too good with his job with team defense. Don't re-sign him, Darryl!" - Mike D'Antoni.

I doubt it was his decision, but there could have been conflict within the coaching staff that led to the decision.

All I'll say is without him they started off awful. So bad, that they begged him to return and run the D. He was in retirement. He then gets them out of trouble, helps right the ship. Only to get canned.

Meanwhile they are talking a 3 year extension for MDA.

I mean I don't know what it will take to see that iso heavy, one dimensional offense does not win championships. Majority of Houston fans realize D'Antoni has to go for them to move forward.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I mean I don't know what it will take to see that iso heavy, one dimensional offense does not win championships. Majority of Houston fans realize D'Antoni has to go for them to move forward.

But at least the Houston FO realized that firing coaches every season doesn't help either.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject:

Hes the guy I wanted Luke to hire for defense when Luke first got hired. I think hes responsible for the Rockets playing the Warriors so well.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

Firing the D-coach without firing Mikey D'Antoni ? Smacks of another half thought-out effort in the HOU front office again. Let's see, they let Mbah a Moute and Ariza walk a year ago, and now they fire the D-coach for rolling out a squad with reduced defensive presence. D'oh !
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

ESPN Staff Writer

Sources: The Rockets have parted ways with player development coach Irv Roland, assistant coach Mitch Vanya and video coordinator John Cho. Roland's departure is particular surprising considering he worked closely with James Harden.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: