Irving to Lakers? (SAS: Kyrie forcing his way to Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Heyvoon24 wrote:
Obviously the top two choices are Kawhi and Durant.

Then there are Kyrie and Butler. You can make the argument for either of the two. Kyrie is the superior offensive player, but Butler might be the better fit because of what he brings on both ends. Especially if the Lakers draft a Garland to join Ball in the backcourt.

Lonzo
Butler
Ingram
Lebron
McGee

Will be hard to score on.

Would be hard to space the floor also

Butler spaces the floor too
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Dont want Kyrie
hes a PG verion of carmello anthony. moves look good, fancy plays but not a long term winner

he did well in one playoff series with cleveland as a side kick
but i think at 27, i wouldn't give him max money to be your franchise player

Kyrie's not good enough to be The Man, but he's proven he can be the #2 guy on an elite team/champion. #2 guys are still worth max money imo.

Totally right with this post.
Problem?

We're in the West, not East. We're going to be four years later - four years older Lebron when they would be in the playoffs. To expect Lebron to be the same #1 he was in CLE in 2016 is unrealistic. He can have a dominant series like that sure. Not the playoffs. Not the entire RS. The expectation is for LBJ to be a 27-28 ppg triple threat type of guy. We need to make the game easy for him, open the floor for him, and get him great play finishers and shooters outside. Signing Kyrie just gives him a great second shot creator.

Even say we spend the money on DeAndre Jordan and Bogdanovic, and a shooter for the bench. That's 3 players you got instead of Kyrie. The team needs three point shooting and a big man, bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Dont want Kyrie
hes a PG verion of carmello anthony. moves look good, fancy plays but not a long term winner

Kyrie's not good enough to be The Man, but he's proven he can be the #2 guy on an elite team/champion. #2 guys are still worth max money imo.

Problem?

We're in the West, not East. We're going to be four years later - four years older Lebron when they would be in the playoffs. To expect Lebron to be the same #1 he was in CLE in 2016 is unrealistic. He can have a dominant series like that sure. Not the playoffs. Not the entire RS. The expectation is for LBJ to be a 27-28 ppg triple threat type of guy. We need to make the game easy for him, open the floor for him, and get him great play finishers and shooters outside. Signing Kyrie just gives him a great second shot creator.

Even say we spend the money on DeAndre Jordan and Bogdanovic, and a shooter for the bench. That's 3 players you got instead of Kyrie. The team needs three point shooting and a big man, bad.

Our supporting cast (the kids) is better than that on the 2016 Cavs, though.

If we get Kyrie and enough shooter, I think we're going to be fine. Definitely championship contenders.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Dont want Kyrie

Problem?

So if all the MVP-level guys sign somewhere else, you'd rather get multiple role players over any legit All-Star/#2 guy or is it Kyrie specifically you don't want?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Dont want Kyrie

Problem?

So if all the MVP-level guys sign somewhere else, you'd rather get multiple role players over any legit All-Star/#2 guy or is it Kyrie specifically you don't want?

I think the team won't win with Kyrie as the #2 and Lebron as a declining #1 without a great supporting cast. I think it's better to develop Ingram and Ball as a #2-3, and get the right role players around LBJ/Ingram/Ball, such that you have your big 3 and a good starting 5. Bring Kyle Kuzma off the bench as a 6th man. You want to develop a team that is good for the longrun, because I don't see us winning a championship next season even if we add Kyrie. Now say you add Kyrie or Kemba. They take away shots and development of Ball and Ingram, and with LBJ 4 years away from his last title, and in slight decline, odds are you are without a championship team in the LBJ/2nd max player era.

That's why the 2nd max player has to be of a #1 level, such that having that 1 player can change the course of the franchise. There are only 2 guys of that level when healthy available right now. KD and Kawhi. My first goal and plan A is to sign KD or Kawhi. After that I go for a group of 2 or 3 starting level players that will help LBJ/Ingram/Ball in a starting 5.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Dont want Kyrie

Adding Kyrie to this team doesn't make them a legitimate contender next year. There's still GS to deal with. We'd need best case scenarios for three of Lonzo, Hart, Ingram, and Kuzma for that to happen, and we'd need to acquire a player able to play small ball C.

It's possible but unlikely. It's the kind of move you make when you have a team in place and just need one piece to make a title run.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Dont want Kyrie

Problem?

I don’t see that supporting cast going past the second round in the West with an aging LBJ.
SickwithIt1010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Dont want Kyrie

Adding Kyrie to this team doesn't make them a legitimate contender next year. There's still GS to deal with. We'd need best case scenarios for three of Lonzo, Hart, Ingram, and Kuzma for that to happen, and we'd need to acquire a player able to play small ball C.

It's possible but unlikely. It's the kind of move you make when you have a team in place and just need one piece to make a title run.

Adding Kyrie will absolutely make us a contender.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

SAS saying people in Kyrie’s camp are telling him to choose Nets over Knicks/Lakers.

If Durant goes to NY and can’t get Kyrie, they’ll go after Kemba instead.

But if Durant goes to NY, Knicks may trade #3 to get AD and then entice Kyrie to join them if he’s still on the fence.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

SickwithIt1010 wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Dont want Kyrie

Adding Kyrie will absolutely make us a contender.

I beg to differ

Kyrie won with a prime (pre-injury) Lebron in the EAST (barely won)
with a team full of shooters, + another All star Kevin Love

so hes more like #2 playing with #1 player in the game, + veteren All star and shooters can prove winning. Anything else, not so much

Kyrie+ KD, or Kyrie+ Giannis, or Kyrie+Kawhi contenders. All those guys are still in their prime.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Kobe to Kyrie: Come to LA
Kyrie to Kobe: I don't want to play in LeBron's shadow

LeBron to Kyrie: Come to LA
Kyrie to LeBron: Once you leave I'll be by myself
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

You know I was concerned about having a small SG. But after Looking at the west Lilard and McCollum are 6'3" dudes, destroyed everyone but the warriors.

So let's say Lakers sign Kyrie, we would have

Ball
Kyrie
Bron
What center?
Brandon Ingram
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Would a Kyrie - Ball backcourt work? Or would Lonzo be relegated to a spot up shooter role? I want the ball in Zos hands pushing it down the opposing teams throats play after play.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Would a Kyrie - Ball backcourt work? Or would Lonzo be relegated to a spot up shooter role? I want the ball in Zos hands pushing it down the opposing teams throats play after play.

Think of Lonzo as a point guard in transition, and as a shooting guard who moves the ball quickly or takes catch-and-shoot 3's in the halfcourt. I happen to think he and Kyrie would work, because Lonzo's defense helps to balance out Kyrie there.

There aren't a lot of 2nd Team All-NBA players who shoot .487/.401/.873 that are available in free agency and who just turned 27, by the way. Granted he's not perfect (defensive liability, knee issues, mercurial), but it's a no-brainer to sign him, assuming we don't have our pick of Kawhi.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

It’s funny how people don’t want Kyrie. One of the best players in the NBA. If he wants to come here and KD and Kawhi don’t, then we snatch him up. If things don’t work out we can explore a trade later on.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

Think of Lonzo as a point guard in transition, and as a shooting guard who moves the ball quickly or takes catch-and-shoot 3's in the halfcourt. I happen to think he and Kyrie would work, because Lonzo's defense helps to balance out Kyrie there.

There aren't a lot of 2nd Team All-NBA players who shoot .487/.401/.873 that are available in free agency and who just turned 27, by the way. Granted he's not perfect (defensive liability, knee issues, mercurial), but it's a no-brainer to sign him, assuming we don't have our pick of Kawhi.

Could be the best backcourt not name Steph and Klay. Of course there’s Dame and CJ as well.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

It's crazy how people say Garland would be a perfect fit next to Zo and then turnaround and say Kyrie wouldn't be. Kyrie is pretty much Garland's ceiling.
Zo and Kyrie would be a great combo. Zo can still be the transition PG and Kyrie the SG while in the half court Kyrie can operate in the PnR. Zo defends the best guard and he would be the rebounding guard while Kyrie fills the wing for the outlet.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
It's crazy how people say Garland would be a perfect fit next to Zo and then turnaround and say Kyrie wouldn't be. Kyrie is pretty much Garland's ceiling.
Zo and Kyrie would be a great combo. Zo can still be the transition PG and Kyrie the SG while in the half court Kyrie can operate in the PnR. Zo defends the best guard and he would be the rebounding guard while Kyrie fills the wing for the outlet.

Exactly! If Lakers sign only Kyrie. Keep young core and pick then adding Garland makes a ton of sense.

A trio of Garland, Kyrie, and Zo toss in Hart would be a sick backcourt rotation
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:

I think Kyrie would be a slightly better Bryce Alford. And Lonzo and Bryce did really well together in college, where Lonzo played some off ball. Lonzo also got to play offball when Aaron Holiday got in the game and did well.

But off course, college defenses are different from the NBA and it's harder to get behind the defense offball in the NBA.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

Exactly! If Lakers sign only Kyrie. Keep young core and pick then adding Garland makes a ton of sense.

A trio of Garland, Kyrie, and Zo toss in Hart would be a sick backcourt rotation

At the very least, with Kyrie and Garland around, 3 pt shooting contests during practice wouldn't be the brickfests they probably are right now.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

I think Kyrie would be a slightly better Bryce Alford. And Lonzo and Bryce did really well together in college, where Lonzo played some off ball. Lonzo also got to play offball when Aaron Holiday got in the game and did well.

But off course, college defenses are different from the NBA and it's harder to get behind the defense offball in the NBA.

Nah. Alford is way better than Kyrie.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
SAS saying people in Kyrie’s camp are telling him to choose Nets over Knicks/Lakers.

If Durant goes to NY and can’t get Kyrie, they’ll go after Kemba instead.

But if Durant goes to NY, Knicks may trade #3 to get AD and then entice Kyrie to join them if he’s still on the fence.

Man SAS changes his tune everyday. I thought he said KD and KI are going to the Knicks
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Knicks cannot beat whatever package we can propose for AD. 3rd pick is not THAT much superior to the 4th pick and our youngsters > knicks youngsters
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like:

Lakers - Kyrie sounds definitely intrigued to be a Laker or why post warm fuzzies with LeBron and why call Kobe?

Knicks - Sounds like Durant is what is pushing Kyrie to go there and join him

Nets - His family grew up as Nets fans so they prefer him to go “home”
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

Anyone else notice that Jalen Rose is a constant Laker hater? He's saying Kyrie rejoining LeBron in LA would not be a good look. This guy will never let 81 go (again). What a sad excuse for journalism: petty and butthurt af.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 21 of 55
Jump to: