Irving to Lakers? (SAS: Kyrie forcing his way to Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
strong9 wrote:
drae wrote:
The people who say Kyrie left the Cavs because of Lebron don't understand how dysfunctional the Cavs FO is. It was never because he hates Lebron. Lebron left first and only returned because of legacy reasons and Kyrie, Kyrie left as well, Lebron left again, if they get another star in the draft they'll leave at some point too.

Hope Kyrie comes here because I don't see us getting Kawhi

That doesn't bode well for us given our FO makes GOT look like a kindergarten sandbox fight.

Dan Gilbert is legitimately the cheapest owner in the NBA. He tried to hire Billups to be President of basketball operations for 1.5 million a year. The low end of the spectrum is 4 million, Magic Johnson in the same position was rumored to be paid 10 mil a year and Gilbert offered 1.5

David Griffin, Lebron's pal, left the Cavs because he wanted a raise. He was one of the lowest paid GMs in the league, at under 2 mil a year.

I have zero respect for Gilbert.

C'mon man, what on God's green Earth are you talking about....Kyrie absolutely left because of lebron and the Cavs had the highest payroll for years when lebron was there. Don't make stuff up.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Kobe recruits to much
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Kobe recruits to much

With no results
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
strong9 wrote:
drae wrote:
The people who say Kyrie left the Cavs because of Lebron don't understand how dysfunctional the Cavs FO is. It was never because he hates Lebron. Lebron left first and only returned because of legacy reasons and Kyrie, Kyrie left as well, Lebron left again, if they get another star in the draft they'll leave at some point too.

That doesn't bode well for us given our FO makes GOT look like a kindergarten sandbox fight.

Dan Gilbert is legitimately the cheapest owner in the NBA. He tried to hire Billups to be President of basketball operations for 1.5 million a year. The low end of the spectrum is 4 million, Magic Johnson in the same position was rumored to be paid 10 mil a year and Gilbert offered 1.5

David Griffin, Lebron's pal, left the Cavs because he wanted a raise. He was one of the lowest paid GMs in the league, at under 2 mil a year.

C'mon man, what on God's green Earth are you talking about....Kyrie absolutely left because of lebron and the Cavs had the highest payroll for years when lebron was there. Don't make stuff up.

Kyrie left because his name was included in trade packages, which the FO didn't manage to keep a secret. He also left because he didn't want to be around after Lebron left. The Cavs can't, and won't, keep talent on their squad long term. He didn't leave because he hates Lebron.

And Gilbert pays players, not his staff. He is well known to be one of the cheapest owners in the NBA.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Kobe recruits to much

Too munch?
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I don't want to see a Kyrie/LeBron pairing in LA. I'd take Kyrie without Lebron, but I don't see the two of them together bringing a title here.

It seems every time I post I'm harping on how THIS is why I didn't want Lebron in the first place, because I think he's too old/no time to build around and I don't want to see the Lakers mortgage their future to get LeBron a WC Finals exit.

I guess if KD leaves the Warriors this offseason anything is possible, although they would be sure to replace him with good talent/depth to put around Draymond/Klay/Steph, and if Boogie decides to reup there it could mean trouble for the rest of the league.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:42 am    Post subject:

Kemba or Kyrie? That is the question...
Well if you consider all things, Kyrie has won a championship and is 2 years younger than Kemba. That being said I'd have to go with Kyrie as the 1st choice and Kemba as a close #2.

Kyrie and LBJ have history, but they also have Chemistry. I think Kyrie would be a better fit in LA simply because of his position and he has the ability to "withstand" pressure! LBJ would take the grunt of that responsibility...

I honestly believe NYKs want to win this off-season through Free Agency, so they will Trade the #3 pic to NOLA if possible, but I'm thinking they look to round out a young vet core of players consisting of:

Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving (Possibly)
Anthony Davis (If Traded to NOLA)

The AD sweepstakes for NYKs is up in the air, It remains to be seen if they have what it takes to get it done; maybe just not enough players to trade.

The Lakers have leverage with their #4 pic, so it should allow us to attain another player to pair with LBJ.
Bradley Beal (In a trade with Washington for #4)
Beal would definitely come in as a shooting guard for us, which may be more of the Lakers focus with Kidd on the bench to shore up Zo's skillsets. Also with Kidd there, I doubt the Lakers are as willing to trade him to Bulls for a #7. I just can't believe anything the media states any more.

So to sum it up for me, Kyrie over Kemba, but if Kyrie bolts to NY, then Kemba is the only option left from a Combo Guard standpoint. We need shooters and defense TBH and Klay Thompson fits the mold perfectly for the Lakers.

My off-season would look more like the following:

ZO + Beal + Klay + LBJ + D.Jordan (would be causality of DA in NOLA)
Rondo + Stephensen + BI + Kuzma + McGee
(We'd lose Hart and Possibly BI in the Beal Deal, we wouldn't send Kuzma)

IMO that's a balanced team from Top to Bottom and all the gaps are filled. Voguel can truly get some productivity out of that squad and of course round out the roster with a few low cost FA signings. Picking up DJ would be a huge benefit to the Team at a pretty affordable rate and we should be able to solicit Rondo and Make'EM Dance Lance for another year at least!

If Klay chooses to stay in GSW which he might do after they win their 3rd straight, then you have to consider Butler. Of course if word was to come out that Kawhi was serious about the Lakers, then you make the obvious choice!
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject:

Kobe is calling the wrong free agent, should be calling kawhi
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject:

I would definitely be fine with kyrie, we know he can complement LeBrons game very well....if you bring kyrie I think you have to bring in a third guy, but I don't think it has to AD level, although of course that would be ideal, you can have a Middleton level type of all star which shouldn't cost the lakers the whole young core.

Either Ball or Ingram + Kuzma or #4 pick + Mo or Hart would or should get you a very solid player and balance the roster out between talented youth and upper echelon and solid vet players
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I would definitely be fine with kyrie, we know he can complement LeBrons game very well....if you bring kyrie I think you have to bring in a third guy, but I don't think it has to AD level, although of course that would be ideal, you can have a Middleton level type of all star which shouldn't cost the lakers the whole young core.

Either Ball or Ingram + Kuzma or #4 pick + Mo or Hart would or should get you a very solid player and balance the roster out between talented youth and upper echelon and solid vet players

Middleton is an FA and 99% sure Bucks keeping him
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Kemba or Kyrie? That is the question...
Well if you consider all things, Kyrie has won a championship and is 2 years younger than Kemba. That being said I'd have to go with Kyrie as the 1st choice and Kemba as a close #2.

Kyrie and LBJ have history, but they also have Chemistry. I think Kyrie would be a better fit in LA simply because of his position and he has the ability to "withstand" pressure! LBJ would take the grunt of that responsibility...

I honestly believe NYKs want to win this off-season through Free Agency, so they will Trade the #3 pic to NOLA if possible, but I'm thinking they look to round out a young vet core of players consisting of:

Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving (Possibly)
Anthony Davis (If Traded to NOLA)

The AD sweepstakes for NYKs is up in the air, It remains to be seen if they have what it takes to get it done; maybe just not enough players to trade.

The Lakers have leverage with their #4 pic, so it should allow us to attain another player to pair with LBJ.
Bradley Beal (In a trade with Washington for #4)
Beal would definitely come in as a shooting guard for us, which may be more of the Lakers focus with Kidd on the bench to shore up Zo's skillsets. Also with Kidd there, I doubt the Lakers are as willing to trade him to Bulls for a #7. I just can't believe anything the media states any more.

So to sum it up for me, Kyrie over Kemba, but if Kyrie bolts to NY, then Kemba is the only option left from a Combo Guard standpoint. We need shooters and defense TBH and Klay Thompson fits the mold perfectly for the Lakers.

My off-season would look more like the following:

ZO + Beal + Klay + LBJ + D.Jordan (would be causality of DA in NOLA)
Rondo + Stephensen + BI + Kuzma + McGee
(We'd lose Hart and Possibly BI in the Beal Deal, we wouldn't send Kuzma)

IMO that's a balanced team from Top to Bottom and all the gaps are filled. Voguel can truly get some productivity out of that squad and of course round out the roster with a few low cost FA signings. Picking up DJ would be a huge benefit to the Team at a pretty affordable rate and we should be able to solicit Rondo and Make'EM Dance Lance for another year at least!

If Klay chooses to stay in GSW which he might do after they win their 3rd straight, then you have to consider Butler. Of course if word was to come out that Kawhi was serious about the Lakers, then you make the obvious choice!

Klay is a lifer. I can't picture him ever leaving Curry's coattails. Golden State would cut ties with Green before they let Klay go.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Honestly, I don't want to see a Kyrie/LeBron pairing in LA. I'd take Kyrie without Lebron, but I don't see the two of them together bringing a title here.

It seems every time I post I'm harping on how THIS is why I didn't want Lebron in the first place, because I think he's too old/no time to build around and I don't want to see the Lakers mortgage their future to get LeBron a WC Finals exit.

I guess if KD leaves the Warriors this offseason anything is possible, although they would be sure to replace him with good talent/depth to put around Draymond/Klay/Steph, and if Boogie decides to reup there it could mean trouble for the rest of the league.

We are already spending max money on a non-defender, paying another max on one isn’t the path to greatness. Watch the best team in the league this playoffs, what are they doing? Defending. I guess if Kyrie is your last choice then you enjoy an offensive show and a round or two in the playoffs. I can’t believe that we would have no shot at Butler instead.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
strong9 wrote:
drae wrote:

The Cavs could have the highest payroll and Dan Gilbert could still be cheap.

Dan Gilbert wanted LeBron to stay in Cleveland. It was worth a fortune to him. LeBron was the one exerting pressure on Gilbert to spend. Gilbert knew that he had no choice if he wanted LeBron to stay.

Even the cheapest owner in the league is going to spend to keep LeBron. He's worth that much to the franchise.

But how he treated Billups and David Griffin was absolutely cheap.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:

Middleton will be looking at a max so he would cost most of the young core.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:

The idea of Lebron coming was to pair him with another young star who could take over when Lebron retires. Depending on how we fare this off season that is still in place.

The GSW have something like 113 million on the books next year even if KD leaves. Klay is also due for a max (currently making 17 million) so the idea that if KD leaves they could magically use his salary slot to replace him with good talent/depth is a myth. Looney is also a free agent and Draymond has one more year left.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

The idea of Lebron coming was to pair him with another young star who could take over when Lebron retires. Depending on how we fare this off season that is still in place.

The GSW have something like 113 million on the books next year even if KD leaves. Klay is also due for a max (currently making 17 million) so the idea that if KD leaves they could magically use his salary slot to replace him with good talent/depth is a myth. Looney is also a free agent and Draymond has one more year left.

Even after re-signing Klay the Warriors shouldn’t be over the apron so they could do a S&T with KD. It might not be practical but it might be possible.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

Kyrie/LeBron is a championship duo.
We're not in position to choose I'll gladly welcome Kyrie.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

Celtics homer Chris Mannix on Irving and the Lakers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=suJbvLI1bes

It seems like he even knows that Irving going to the Lakers is real
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

Mannix: “If Irving wants to team up with LeBron again it’s because that gives him the most comfort”
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mannix: “If Irving wants to team up with LeBron again it’s because that gives him the most comfort”

Honestly, it's because it gives him the best shot at another title
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If we can also get AD then we will be heavy favorites to win the title with LeBron/Irving/AD + solid role players.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

We are already spending max money on a non-defender, paying another max on one isn’t the path to greatness. Watch the best team in the league this playoffs, what are they doing? Defending. I guess if Kyrie is your last choice then you enjoy an offensive show and a round or two in the playoffs. I can’t believe that we would have no shot at Butler instead.

I don’t think anyone is preferring Kyrie to Kawhi, KD or Jimmy. But if we can’t hey any of those guys, turning down Kyrie (who by the way has proven he can win a championship as LeBron’s #2) is such a silly notion.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If we can also get AD then we will have a shot at the title with LeBron/Irving/AD + minimum contract players.

FTFY
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If we can also get AD then we will have a shot at the title with LeBron/Irving/AD + minimum contract players.

FTFY

Always a chance that someone takes a paycut to come play with those guys but yeah minimum contracts is likely our only path.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Celtics homer Chris Mannix on Irving and the Lakers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=suJbvLI1bes

It seems like he even knows that Irving going to the Lakers is real

And probably relieved, considering the disaster that the Celtics were after adding Irving. He was a lousy fit there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 19 of 55
Jump to: