Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Years. Heck decades from now. People who have seen Mr. Robot will talk about its transcendence. This week's episode was pure šŸ”„. This show has to at least be top 5 on my all time list of greatest TV ever made. And I didn't even like season 2 much. That's how great season 3 and 4 (so far) have been.
Even if you aren't very interested in the subject matter (computer hacking, technology, extreme economic stratification) I'd still recommend it if you appreciate nearly perfectly executed film and television.

glad to hear that yesterday's episode was good - I thought that last week's episode was kind of a dud tbh

Last week's episode reminded me of the "Pine Barrens" episode of the Sopranos where Chris and Paulie spent the entire episode lost in the woods. I did enjoy the scenes with Darlene and the drunk guy in the Santa suit and I was left wondering if we've seen the last of Tyrell.

This week's episode was more like Mission Impossible. I was watching it and thinking they were going to get caught because Darlene is the world's slowest typist.

Agreed, the newest episode (405) was about as tense as it gets, so very well crafted, and HOF worthy. The dialog was most interesting and I'll leave it at that.

The previous episode (404) was not.

Also, as an aside, the next episode is Sunday at 8/7C. I noticed it was not scheduled to record on my DVR as a result. If you are recording it as a series, depending on how you have your DVR set up, you may have to add the new time to your scheduled recordings.

Damn. So episode 6 last week was enjoyable.

But this weeks episode though! Not for the faint of heart. We found out earlier in this season something that may make the show different upon rewatch: there is a 3rd.

But this week a bomb was dropped that definitely makes the show different upon rewatch. It was a plot bomb for sure. Not a fast paced episode. But the build up this episode was toward something. Something that changes so much of what we understood about the show up to this point.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Also. Who else has the balls to not just make great television but to add another handicap on top of it just to make it more interesting. Pushing the plot forward with great directing, acting, and writing isn't enough. So I'm gonna do a whole episode without a camera cut. Or I'm gonna do a Mission Impossible episode with no dialogue. Or I'm gonna do the style Esmail did tonight. It's like trying to pitch a shutout but only using 1 pitch type per inning. Or dropping a 50 point game but not scoring a point in the paint.
All I can say is wow. And the fact that he left clues for tonight's bombshell since the very beginning is just icing on the cake.
Not to mention in an era where every show's conclusion is predicted by someone on reddit. Still nobody knows for sure what the antagonist is building specifically.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

All I can say is wow. And the fact that he left clues for tonight's bombshell since the very beginning is just icing on the cake.

I missed all of them too. I honestly didn't even pay that much attention to the scenes where they talked about it in earlier seasons. For a minute there I thought they were going to reveal there was no Darlene and she was just another of Elliot's personalities.

That scene between Mr. Robot and Vera was great!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Also a documentary series begins on Starz tonight titled Leavenworth. Explores the conviction of infantry officer Clint Lorance. Looks interesting if you are into the subject.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10732150/

been watching this for a few weeks....it has not been very entertaining, but the subject of the documentary (Clint Lorance) was one of the guys pardoned last week.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I missed all of them too. I honestly didn't even pay that much attention to the scenes where they talked about it in earlier seasons. For a minute there I thought they were going to reveal there was no Darlene and she was just another of Elliot's personalities.

That scene between Mr. Robot and Vera was great!

we still have that reveal coming right? that "someone else" or whatever that Elliot's mom referenced when Elliot was a boy in e-corp's boardroom
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject:

Tyler Perry's The Oval. BET TV. It's about a mixed political family, White president and a Black 1st Lady. It gets it name from the Oval Office. It's scandalous. Presidents cheats in the White House and wife knows. Head security's wife is cheating. One security agent is gay and likes the head of security. There's so much going on it would take a page to detail it. If you have BET I think it's worth a peek.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I have yet to find a thing Tyler Perry makes thatā€™s worth a peek. He makes the worst Hallmark movies look like Emmy stuff by comparison.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
governator wrote:
Jack Ryan 2 on Amazon Prime was a pretty good series, killed it in 1 sitting, couldn't stop

I'm in on Jack Ryan for the Bunk Moreland factor if nothing else.

I thought the first season was better. The show needs to find a way to introduce clever twists and not rely on cliches. It was just alright.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

Finally finished Peaky Blinders season 5. That finale was wild. Now we gotta wait til what, 2021, for season 6?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
governator wrote:
Jack Ryan 2 on Amazon Prime was a pretty good series, killed it in 1 sitting, couldn't stop

I thought the first season was better. The show needs to find a way to introduce clever twists and not rely on cliches. It was just alright.

Yeah, the 1st season is better but this jack ryan is the closest thing to homeland (Brody seasons)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Wilt wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
governator wrote:

Yeah, the 1st season is better but this jack ryan is the closest thing to homeland (Brody seasons)

speaking of Homeland, that should be back early in the new year? February?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
Wilt wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
governator wrote:

speaking of Homeland, that should be back early in the new year? February?

Not sure when but it feels like itā€™s being stretched and stretched, kinda like walking dead but Iā€™ll still watch it
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Showtime is delaying Carrie Mathisonā€™s final curtain call yet again.

The cabler on Friday announced that Homelandā€˜s return has been pushed to 2020, with the eighth and final season set to debut on Sunday, February 9 at 9/8c.

LINK
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:
Showtime is delaying Carrie Mathisonā€™s final curtain call yet again.

The cabler on Friday announced that Homelandā€˜s return has been pushed to 2020, with the eighth and final season set to debut on Sunday, February 9 at 9/8c.

LINK

Thatā€™s like over 3 months away, guess Iā€™ll check this carnival row for now
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Man In the High Castle is back on Prime! I'm liking the last season, have seen 4 episodes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Man In the High Castle is back on Prime! I'm liking the last season, have seen 4 episodes.

Season 3? Yeah it became a little more interesting last season. May get to Season 4 in the weeks around Christmas.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

I meant the final season, the one that just became available. Season 4.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I meant the final season, the one that just became available. Season 4.

ok....if I recall, I enjoyed season 1....then Season 2 kind of lost me....then about half way through Season 3 I regained interest in the direction of the story.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

They continue with the theme from Season 3, with a multiverse and stuff. But with a twist here and there.

It's not the best show ever, but it's decent for what it is.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

I'm sold on watchmen after episode 3

wow
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

wow

I am still kind of lost to be honest. There is supposed to be and "official" podcast supplement, but they released one episode and quit. Think I will try an "unofficial" podcast to see if I can get the blanks filled in.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Just finished season 2 of Mr. Inbetween. Damn. Quite an authentic and powerful show. Has it all. Funny moments. Unexpected action. Unbridled joy and sorrow.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

wow

I'm convinced. I saw the first episode and was only halfway in. I'll give it a go.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

wow

I'm convinced. I saw the first episode and was only halfway in. I'll give it a go.

Episode 3 is where it started to turn for me as well. That's where it started making the connections between the show and what happened to the Watchmen.

Episode 5 was really a mind blower.

I've only seen the original cut of the Watchmen movie. Was there anything about the squid in the director's cut?
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Also. Who else has the balls to not just make great television but to add another handicap on top of it just to make it more interesting. Pushing the plot forward with great directing, acting, and writing isn't enough. So I'm gonna do a whole episode without a camera cut. Or I'm gonna do a Mission Impossible episode with no dialogue. Or I'm gonna do the style Esmail did tonight. It's like trying to pitch a shutout but only using 1 pitch type per inning. Or dropping a 50 point game but not scoring a point in the paint.
Not to mention in an era where every show's conclusion is predicted by someone on reddit. Still nobody knows for sure what the antagonist is building specifically.

Well said. Mr Robot imo is the best TV show since Breaking Bad
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 23 of 110
Jump to: