Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ did it? I haven't read any. I thought it was HBO level good but maybe I'm in the minority. Curious to see what you [and others] think.

Watched the first 3 and was confused at al the negativity. It’s a fun, pleasant show. Haven’t watched any of the other Apple offerings yet but I’m wondering whether critics had the knives out. Every single one of their shows has been getting killed.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Years. Heck decades from now. People who have seen Mr. Robot will talk about its transcendence. This week's episode was pure 🔥. This show has to at least be top 5 on my all time list of greatest TV ever made. And I didn't even like season 2 much. That's how great season 3 and 4 (so far) have been.
Even if you aren't very interested in the subject matter (computer hacking, technology, extreme economic stratification) I'd still recommend it if you appreciate nearly perfectly executed film and television.

glad to hear that yesterday's episode was good - I thought that last week's episode was kind of a dud tbh
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Years. Heck decades from now. People who have seen Mr. Robot will talk about its transcendence. This week's episode was pure 🔥. This show has to at least be top 5 on my all time list of greatest TV ever made. And I didn't even like season 2 much. That's how great season 3 and 4 (so far) have been.
Even if you aren't very interested in the subject matter (computer hacking, technology, extreme economic stratification) I'd still recommend it if you appreciate nearly perfectly executed film and television.

glad to hear that yesterday's episode was good - I thought that last week's episode was kind of a dud tbh

Last week's episode reminded me of the "Pine Barrens" episode of the Sopranos where Chris and Paulie spent the entire episode lost in the woods. I did enjoy the scenes with Darlene and the drunk guy in the Santa suit and I was left wondering if we've seen the last of Tyrell.

This week's episode was more like Mission Impossible. I was watching it and thinking they were going to get caught because Darlene is the world's slowest typist.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Anyone familiar with the amc show Preacher? If so, is it worth a binge?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

Watched the HBO mini series Catherine the Great....was not impressed.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Last week's episode reminded me of the "Pine Barrens" episode of the Sopranos where Chris and Paulie spent the entire episode lost in the woods. I did enjoy the scenes with Darlene and the drunk guy in the Santa suit and I was left wondering if we've seen the last of Tyrell.

This week's episode was more like Mission Impossible. I was watching it and thinking they were going to get caught because Darlene is the world's slowest typist.

Agreed, the newest episode (405) was about as tense as it gets, so very well crafted, and HOF worthy. The dialog was most interesting and I'll leave it at that.

The previous episode (404) was not.

Also, as an aside, the next episode is Sunday at 8/7C. I noticed it was not scheduled to record on my DVR as a result. If you are recording it as a series, depending on how you have your DVR set up, you may have to add the new time to your scheduled recordings.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

Any fans of Animal Kingdom? Pretty good for basic cable.

Also turns out I'm a big fan of Amazon originals. Goliath, Bosch, Jack Ryan...
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

mr robot episode 5

just wow
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

I have not watched, but i noticed the first 5 episodes of Season 2 of Castle Rock appear to be available on Hulu.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
^ did it? I haven't read any. I thought it was HBO level good but maybe I'm in the minority. Curious to see what you [and others] think.

Watched the first 3 and was confused at al the negativity. It’s a fun, pleasant show. Haven’t watched any of the other Apple offerings yet but I’m wondering whether critics had the knives out. Every single one of their shows has been getting killed.

watched the first 3 episodes, and was not really feeling it until Episode 3....but it now looks like it could be interesting. It is weird in that I recognize Jennifer Aniston is "more attractive" than Reese Witherspoon....but I would rather spend an evening with Reese.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Guess Constance Wu got her wish....Fresh Off the Boat will not be renewed.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Guess Constance Wu got her wish....Fresh Off the Boat will not be renewed.

First thought I had when I saw the news.

I'd bet dollars to donuts her little meltdown at the announcement of the current season was the kiss of death for any subsequent ones.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

got caught up on Godfather of Harlem (7 episodes) and Season 2 of Castle Rock (5 episodes). Both are solid....Castle Rock is just beginning to twist and turn, so unsure how well if plays out.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ocho wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

watched the first 3 episodes, and was not really feeling it until Episode 3....but it now looks like it could be interesting. It is weird in that I recognize Jennifer Aniston is "more attractive" than Reese Witherspoon....but I would rather spend an evening with Reese.

All I can think of when watching the show is "HD is not kind to Jennifer Aniston" lol. Billy Crudup is killing it. And I loved Steve Carrell and Martin Short's conversation.

I think Apple may be on to something with their release schedule. 3 episodes in enough to really know if you like a show and then you don't mind waiting each week. Rather than blowing through the whole show in a weekend you get to enjoy it over the course of a longer period.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ocho wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

All I can think of when watching the show is "HD is not kind to Jennifer Aniston" lol. Billy Crudup is killing it. And I loved Steve Carrell and Martin Short's conversation.

I think Apple may be on to something with their release schedule. 3 episodes in enough to really know if you like a show and then you don't mind waiting each week. Rather than blowing through the whole show in a weekend you get to enjoy it over the course of a longer period.

wasn't it Hulu that began to do this with some of their shows last year? I agree, it seems like a solid approach.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

Apparently The Night Manager will be getting a new season. Just binged the first one and it was quite good. Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston with an excellent supporting cast.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Apparently The Night Manager will be getting a new season. Just binged the first one and it was quite good. Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston with an excellent supporting cast.

They still have no announced a date, right? I did not watch the first season....I may check it out soon. I recall reading that the original series director declined to do a 2nd season, and someone else was stepping in.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

If you want something lean, atmospheric, and a little claustrophobic, Rig 45 is a nice binge.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject:

mr robot episode 6

just wow again

this show is the best

meanwhile I thought the last season of the affair was just meh - show definitely jumped the shark
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
mr robot episode 6

just wow again

this show is the best

meanwhile I thought the last season of the affair was just meh - show definitely jumped the shark

And I thought the last three episodes of the The Affair were among the very best, with the 9th being especially exceptional.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

Jack Ryan 2 on Amazon Prime was a pretty good series, killed it in 1 sitting, couldn't stop
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Jack Ryan 2 on Amazon Prime was a pretty good series, killed it in 1 sitting, couldn't stop

I'm in on Jack Ryan for the Bunk Moreland factor if nothing else.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
mr robot episode 6

just wow again

this show is the best

And I thought the last three episodes of the The Affair were among the very best, with the 9th being especially exceptional.

Yeah, I thought the last season of the Affair was beautifully written. Powerful stuff that went beyond simple plot lines.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

mainly I just didn't like the fact that alison and pacey weren't in it
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

i still gotta watch fleabag, dark, les revenants, the crown new season, bojack last season, and apparently the affair got good at the end. silicon valley is almost over. hope witchers turns out good. think i'm going to start with the crown lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 22 of 110
Jump to: